Author Topic: Arkansas family welcomes 18th child, a girl  (Read 5628 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Arkansas family welcomes 18th child, a girl
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »
ROGERS, Ark. – An Arkansas woman has given birth to her 18th child. Michelle Duggar delivered the baby girl by Caesarean section Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers. The baby, named Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar, weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.

"The ultimate Christmas gift from God," said Jim Bob Duggar, the father of the 18 children. "She's just absolutely beautiful, like her mom and her sisters."

The Duggars now have 10 sons and eight daughters.

Jim Bob Duggar said Michelle started having contractions Wednesday night. She needed the C-section, her third, because the baby was lying sideways. Jim Bob said both baby and mother were doing well Thursday night.

"We both would love to have more," he said.

The cable network TLC broadcasts a weekly show about the Duggars, called "17 Kids and Counting." Chris Finnegan of TLC — which handles public relations for the Duggar family — said the show's name would be updated to account for the latest addition to the family. He said TLC also will air a show Monday on the baby's delivery.

Jim Bob Duggar is 43, a year older than his wife. Their oldest child, Joshua, is 20.

The other Duggar children, in between Joshua and Jordyn-Grace, are Jana, 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 17; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 12; Joy-Anna, 11; Jeremiah, 9; Jedidiah, 9; Jason, 8; James, 7; Justin, 6; Jackson, 4; Johannah, 3; and Jennifer, 1.

"Our whole family is excited about Jordyn's addition to our family," Jim Bob Duggar said. "She's just perfect in every way."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/18th_baby

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Arkansas family welcomes 18th child, a girl
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:17:10 AM »

The Duggers, they're a very nice, righteous Christian family. A really big one!  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dnew

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Maybe they should ask santa for a box of condoms.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »
they say its god's will for them to have children. 18 wow what a feat. At least they have children out of love and not like the muslims they create so they can get more govt assistance

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »
By the way.  People are amazed at why the Amish are growing so rapidly in this country.  (Doubling every 20 years).   They all have 8 kids.

Unfortunately... so do Muslims >:(

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »

That's not funny.  I would consider 18 children to be the greatest blessing.  I don't get people who look at children as a burden.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with good, righteous people having large families. These people are not welfare leeches, but good, honest, hard working Americans.  In fact, there should be more good, hard working righteous gentiles and Jews having large families.  As it is now, it's only moosies, criminal illegal aliens, and natives of Africa having large families.  Believe me, Americans do not want to be a minority in their own country. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
I can shed some light on this. The Duggars belong to a Christian sect known as "quiverfulls". They believe G-d commands Christians to have as many children as possible, and even that only the "quiverfulls" are real Christians.

In principle I have no problem with their family-size choice (as long as they can properly take care of all these kids without taxpayer help!). Theologically, I have a huge problem with them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 02:34:45 PM »
There is absolutely nothing wrong with good, righteous people having large families. These people are not welfare leeches, but good, honest, hard working Americans.  In fact, there should be more good, hard working righteous gentiles and Jews having large families.  As it is now, it's only moosies, criminal illegal aliens, and natives of Africa having large families.  Believe me, Americans do not want to be a minority in their own country. 
For the most part, I agree with you. I have no reason to believe the Duggars are not an honest, hard-working, patriotic family. I don't care about family size provided people are able to take care of whatever number of children they have. My problem with them is the theology behind it--that they believe that this is required of them and other Christians.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
For the most part, I agree with you. I have no reason to believe the Duggars are not an honest, hard-working, patriotic family. I don't care about family size provided people are able to take care of whatever number of children they have. My problem with them is the theology behind it--that they believe that this is required of them and other Christians.

Well... this was probably 'written in' to their theology to increase their numbers.  The Muslims are experts at this.   But I look at it this way...  Domestic American's are all dwindling in numbers.... and Mexicans, and Muslims are expanding.... so anything to offset this is fine. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 02:46:26 PM »
I'm not addressing demographic reasons to have a large family. I just think it is wrong, and unbiblical, to say that you must have a family this size to be a good Christian.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »

America needs this right now, so I'm all for them having full quivers! More power to them!
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 04:05:14 PM »

The Duggers, they're a very nice, righteous Christian family. A really big one!  ;D

YES! They are a great bunch of people. Here is their website: http://www.duggarfamily.com

We need more white families like this!

I remember back in the 1980s, the New York Post had a cover story about a Rov who had 12 children.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »
God bless them!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 05:58:50 PM »
Most of you here know that I want a big family.. and I think it's just great that there are good Christian families like this. I watched the TLC specials on them (you can find them on zootube), all the kids seem educated, well disciplined and all around good people.  

By the way.  People are amazed at why the Amish are growing so rapidly in this country.  (Doubling every 20 years).   They all have 8 kids.

Didn't know that. Problem is they don't have an interest in being part of our world..

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 03:54:02 AM »
As long as they're not welfare leechers like AH Campbels kudos to them they do live acording to commandments. As their theology goes as far as they don't try to force their belives on me and don't behave like heathens they're OK in my book. CF America is suposed to be free country and G-d will judge us all acording to our deeds and not our neigbours. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 04:09:46 AM »
As long as they're not welfare leechers like AH Campbels kudos to them they do live acording to commandments. As their theology goes as far as they don't try to force their belives on me and don't behave like heathens they're OK in my book. CF America is suposed to be free country and G-d will judge us all acording to our deeds and not our neigbours. 
You guys keep on missing my point! I have always said that people have the right to have as many children as they like provided they are fit (economically and mentally) parents. My ONLY problem is that they belong to a sect of Christianity that teaches that their family practices make them better Christians than everybody else. Otherwise, I have no problem with them, and I certainly have no problem with righteous forum members like Vito who want many children. I hope that you all find women who agree with you completely in this area and have the same calling.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 07:10:22 AM »
ROGERS, Ark. – An Arkansas woman has given birth to her 18th child. Michelle Duggar delivered the baby girl by Caesarean section Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers. The baby, named Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar, weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.<snip>

In one area of london there are lots of very very religious jews, they have many children.

There's a classic story.. of a rabbi that took his kids - 9 kids - onto a bus. The bus driver said, "why don't you take half one time, come back and then take the other half?"    The rabbi said "I have".

He had 18..   

I was once in a room(a real room) chatting to somebody that came from that community but left it and became irreligious.. He said he was one of 8 siblings.   Then this absolutely crazy girl says to him EIGHT? ONLY EIGHT?  Why didn't your mother have more? There must be something wrong with her.  If she can't pop out at least 10, there's something wrong with her..    Then he said , well actually she did have a few miscarriages.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 08:22:21 AM »
Their family is absolutely beautiful. I think it's wonderful that they have so many kids with good moral upbringing. I don't agree with everything they believe, but if more white women were like Mrs. Duggar then we wouldn't have such a demographic crisis in America.

I was once in a room(a real room) chatting to somebody that came from that community but left it and became irreligious.. He said he was one of 8 siblings.   Then this absolutely crazy girl says to him EIGHT? ONLY EIGHT?  Why didn't your mother have more? There must be something wrong with her.  If she can't pop out at least 10, there's something wrong with her..    Then he said , well actually she did have a few miscarriages.

One bad thing about large families is that the more kids someone has the more likely one of them is going to be abnormal. There's a certain chance in each pregnancy (about 1 percent) for them to have a deformity. I've read up on a lot of deformities and to me it's amazing, with all the things that can go wrong at every stage, that most kids turn out normal.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:29:04 AM by Rubystars »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »
Quote from: rubystars

One bad thing about large families is that the more kids someone has the more likely one of them is going to be abnormal. There's a certain chance in each pregnancy (about 1 percent) for them to have a deformity. I've read up on a lot of deformities and to me it's amazing, with all the things that can go wrong at every stage, that most kids turn out normal.

though that's like saying that the problem with a nation being large, is that there will be more deformed people.

there will be more of every type.. more intelligent people, more idiots, more scientist types.

You are probably against abortion, but that is always one way of dealing with deformed babys/foetuses.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:43:09 PM by q_q_ »

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

though that's like saying that the problem with a nation being large, is that there will be more deformed people.

there will be more of every type.. more intelligent people, more idiots, more scientist types.

You are probably against abortion, but that is always one way of dealing with deformed babys/foetuses.

[/quote]

Abortion for "deformed" babies is just what Hitler advocated doing, and in fact, did. He did that even before he killed any Jews.

The Nazis' eugenics/euthanasia program was established after they studied the American program by Margaret Sanger, founder of "Planned Parenthood" (her goal was to minimize the number of negros, Italians and Jews in America, since she saw all three groups as mentally unfit.)

I wrote an article about this years ago for the Jews for Life website (not sure if the site still exists.) I used this book for much of my research in writing the article, and now it is available online: http://www.mazal.org/Lifton/LiftonA0.htm

There is no such thing as 'deformed' people, only 'deformed' attitudes toward such people.

I was born with a severe hearing impairment which later turned out to be genetic. If tests had been available for this when I was born, I might not be here. In fact I almost was not born anyway because my mother had a medical condition which sees the unborn baby as a foreign invader and works to destroy the baby after a first pregnancy (Rh disease, for which there was no treatment when I was born.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:10:56 PM by JewishAmericanPatriot »
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 08:36:14 PM »

I believe they should be allowed to be born and live the best life they can. I'm very upset that people abort babies for deformities.

JewishAmericanPatriot all I can say is Thank God you were born. I'm glad you're here!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 08:53:08 PM »
You are a disgusting, hideous piece of dreck.

Why you aren't banned is not something I can answer.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
I like QQ and I don't think it's right to say that to him, C.F. I do think that people who are different can be very happy though and deserve to have a chance to live.

Here's a great video about the Hensel twins, who are conjoined in a rare form of conjoining called dicephalus:

They don't let it steal their joy in life.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
I like QQ and I don't think it's right to say that to him, C.F. I do think that people who are different can be very happy though and deserve to have a chance to live.

Here's a great video about the Hensel twins, who are conjoined in a rare form of conjoining called dicephalus:

They don't let it steal their joy in life.
Ruby, you really should follow some of his posts.