Author Topic: What's involved in making videos?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
What's involved in making videos?
« on: December 21, 2008, 04:12:07 AM »
You know, we have a lot of great members who make these great videos.  It's inspiring to me and I think I'd like to try it out.  The only problem I have with this is that I am a computer retard.  I mean, I'm going into the future kicking and screaming.  Could somebody explain to me how I should go about doing this?  And remember--small words.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What's involved in making videos?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 04:39:31 AM »
start off with just audio and a picture. ask dalek how he does his.

at least record into a mic.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 05:01:40 AM »
You know, we have a lot of great members who make these great videos.  It's inspiring to me and I think I'd like to try it out.  The only problem I have with this is that I am a computer retard.  I mean, I'm going into the future kicking and screaming.  Could somebody explain to me how I should go about doing this?  And remember--small words.

I have a simple web cam that plugs into the USB port on my computer. I use the "quick capture" feature on Youtube. I typed up a sheet that says JTF.ORG and taped it to the side of my computer. So I just aim the webcam at the paper and hit record.

I find it helpful to type out what I will say before hand. For me it is a better approach. Then I just read into the mike. Youtube will upload it when you hit "Publish". There is also a preview and re record option.

I hope this helps
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 05:12:06 AM »

dalek's method may be easy for you.  Given your current skills.

do you have a webcam?

are you able to save a video file?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 05:33:09 AM »

do you have a webcam?

I don't have a web-cam, but I could borrow one.  And I don't know what you mean about saving a video file.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 06:20:59 AM »

do you have a webcam?

I don't have a web-cam, but I could borrow one.  And I don't know what you mean about saving a video file.

You could borrow a webcam, find somebody computer literate to show you how to use the webcam.. With that you can make recordings. Each recording can be an icon in a folder on your desktop.
Then you'll be making videos.

Once you reach that stage, the ask about the next stage, which is  just uploading them to youtube.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 08:52:10 AM »
I usually make a powerpoint presentation then convert it to video and narrate it with the same software that converts the video.

If I were going to do a plain audio I'd use Windows Movie Maker. It has a narration feature.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:03:07 AM by Rubystars »

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 12:28:42 PM »

do you have a webcam?

Hi,

Here are some other thoughts and ideas.

First, open a account on Youtube. Its free and very easy, just go to youtube.com and follow the instructions under register. Once your account is active, you will see a button that is marked "upload". When you have your camera set up, you can click on upload and then on quick capture. On the screen you will See a box pop up, just follow the onscreen prompts.

You can get a decent web cam at Radio shack or other electronics stores. It will come with a disk and intructions and should not be too bad to set up. They are not too expensive, Mine was about $30.00.

I think I had put most of this in my last post, but forgot about the need to set up an account on Youtube. One thing that I have noticed is that when a quick capture video is uploaded the end of the video tends to be cut off, This can be a bit of a problem, so I let the cam run for about one extra minute before I click on "stop"
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »
You can use windows movie maker. I used it before cause to put a song on youtube you need either a black screen or a screen with an image. So I took an image of the singer put it on then added the audio. But it only showed the image for a few seconds but the audio was fine.