Author Topic: Britain leading anti Jewish country in Europe  (Read 1614 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Britain leading anti Jewish country in Europe
« on: December 24, 2008, 07:41:07 AM »
http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/349192.aspx
Prof. Traces British Anti-Semitism
CBNNews.com
April 1, 2008

CBNNews.com - JERUSALEM, Israel - A leading expert documenting anti-Semitism says anti-Semitic strains throughout British history have helped make the United Kingdom Europe's leading proponent of policies against Israel.

Hebrew University Professor Robert S. Wistrich traced the history of British anti-Semitism during a lecture in Jerusalem Monday.

A look back at the ways in which anti-Jewish sentiment is woven into the very fabric of British society clarifies how the UK has become Europe's leader of anti-Israeli policy.

"Britain has become the center point for the meeting of anti-Semitic trends in Europe," said Wistrich, whose latest work addresses global anti-Semitism.

RELATED STORY:

Anti-Semitism on the Rise in Europe

JERUSALEM DATELINE:

The Plague of Global Anti-Semitism
From the expulsion of the country's Jewish population in 1290 by King Edward I, the first of its kind in Europe, Jews were banned from reentering Britain until 1656, when Oliver Cromwell allowed their return.

Wistrich pointed out that classic English literature, including works by Shakespeare, Chaucer, Dickens, T.S. Elliot and D. H. Lawrence -- replete with stereotypical anti-Semitic characters -- has shaped the British mindset through today.

"The authors are conveying and transmitting to a future generation an embedded anti-Semitism whose influence is impossible to underestimate," he said, adding that "English literature and culture are, in fact, drenched in anti-Semitism."

Contemporary British media mirrors the country's long anti-Jewish history.

"Under no circumstances will a Palestinian act of terrorism be referred to as a terrorist," Wistrich said. "They are militants similar to the floor-shop dispute in Liverpool whose workers have decided to go on strike," he said.

"Palestinian terrorism is portrayed as a minor pin-[censored] compared to 'massive' retaliation of this 'rogue' state ," he said.

"You cannot read a British newspaper without encountering a variant of the libel that Zionism is racism or Zionism is Nazism," Wistrich said.

Three other realities factor into modern British anti-Semitism:

· The country's mushrooming and increasingly radical 1.6 million Muslims

· The timidity of the Jewish community, numbering about 350,000

· The growing detachment by British Christians from a biblically based faith

"The loss of Christian identity in what was the most Bible-believing culture in its day is one of the deeper layers of what has happened here," said the professor.

Biblical references by such historic British leaders as Lord Balfour and Lloyd George would be distained today.

"You cannot speak or act that way today," Wistrich said, "or you would be considered the biggest threat to civilization as American evangelicals are."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Britain leading anti Jewish country in Europe
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:18:47 AM »
Belgium,  <-- has had anti-jewish pogrom like riots in 2002, these (initially at least) weren't reported even by the media there.  I knew because I knew some belgian jews.

Poland <-- house of the death camps so some jews visit there. Even the graffiti there is anti-semitic.

France <-- 10% arab

Truth is, when muslims are a minority, as they are.. the threat to jews is not existential. Jews in israel have it worse..

Jewish kids on busses do have terrible problems though.. really terrible.  We need a JDL in britain..  In one school a religious state school, (the state pay for the secular education), the parents now hire coaches(as in private things) for the kids.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 08:26:18 AM »
THE OLD  JDL IS NEEDED ALL OVER THE WORLD
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 08:40:10 AM »
Note that this piece is not from the 'mainstream media' ...... I failed to read the byline at first, and so naturally I was stunned that the article bothered to mention both the loss of Britain's Christian heritage AND the enormous growth in the Muslim population.  You would never have seen those facts mentioned by NBC, CBS, CNN, ABC, BBC, etc, etc, etc .....

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 08:43:46 AM »
Note that this piece is not from the 'mainstream media' ...... I failed to read the byline at first, and so naturally I was stunned that the article bothered to mention both the loss of Britain's Christian heritage AND the enormous growth in the Muslim population.  You would never have seen those facts mentioned by NBC, CBS, CNN, ABC, BBC, etc, etc, etc .....

THATS TRUE IT'S FROM CBN

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Gee

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »
Hey guys. I'm Scottish and a first year student at Glasgow University. Day to day, it is unbearable. Only a few weeks ago there was a huge STOP ISRAELI WAR CRIMES banner hanging on the street rallings. When I got inside for my History tutorial, the professor informed me that he was wearing his Palestinian scarf today. Sad thing is the majority of students are indifferent (to politics in general) or unhappy with this but "activists" are supported by the University.  :o

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 09:49:34 AM »
Hey guys. I'm Scottish and a first year student at Glasgow University. Day to day, it is unbearable. Only a few weeks ago there was a huge STOP ISRAELI WAR CRIMES banner hanging on the street rallings. When I got inside for my History tutorial, the professor informed me that he was wearing his Palestinian scarf today. Sad thing is the majority of students are indifferent (to politics in general) or unhappy with this but "activists" are supported by the University.  :o

Unbearable.  Have you considered transferring to another University?
aka Someone Else

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »
True

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Gee

• New JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 10:17:47 AM »
It is kinda typical of all uni's atm. Any of you guys heard of OneVoice? It's very active here. Spouts the usual two states rhetotic but only Israel will have to "change" if you get what I mean?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 04:01:20 PM »
It is kinda typical of all uni's atm. Any of you guys heard of OneVoice? It's very active here. Spouts the usual two states rhetotic but only Israel will have to "change" if you get what I mean?
Just looked at it i can see it's leftists             http://onevoicemovement.org/

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 07:07:17 AM »

Where will the British, Scottish and Irish run when all their streets are overrun with muslim nazis and they discover mass graves in the countryside without a single muslim in them?  Do they think Israel and the Jews are the target?  No!  Their entire populations are targeted for destruction just as they did to Byzantium!  The unspoken Neville Chamberlain moment where Kosovo was given to the muslim nazi Albanians will be visited in your countries and you will have nowhere to run on an island when city after city become overrun with these evermore emboldened muslim nazi monsters.  Without resistance, only three percent is needed to control the other 97 percent of the entire population!  The threat is overwhelming and instead of resisting, they cave in to the enemy as Chamberlain did.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »
We have a students' hangout here that promoted a "free Palestine" with flags in their windows. But since they showed "Palestine" in the entire Israeli-Westbank-Gaza frontiers, they had to be removed. This depiction of a "Palestine" are not allowed since they promote the annihilation of Israel in a subtile way.  :laugh: :::D ;D

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 09:04:43 AM »
I am in the US so I don't know.... this is pure speculation...

I assume, rather hope, that the anti-semetic behavior is more from the Muslims flooding in. Please tell me the true British, Scottish, Irish, etc. citizens detest this and wish to rid their country of it.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
I am in the US so I don't know.... this is pure speculation...

I assume, rather hope, that the anti-semetic behavior is more from the Muslims flooding in. Please tell me the true British, Scottish, Irish, etc. citizens detest this and wish to rid their country of it.
I think the Irish Republicans are very pro muzzie

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 10:09:41 AM »
Anyone that is pro Muslim most certainly must be ignorant, self serving, and / or evil.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:38:48 AM »
I assume most anti-semitism today, let it be in Europe, Asia or the Americas, comes from the growing muslim populations and migrants!  >:(

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »
Sorry Britain!  @ Shame on you.

...And I forgot to tell you that you are the Old Beast, so nothing better was expected from you.
 :beast:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Fortis

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 04:10:37 AM »

Yes, and all your History lecturers will kiss the veritable butts of post-colonial theorists like Edward Said too...

I lived with this on campus and I hated it.

I hate the 1950s Maoist schoolteachers, I hate their Trot successors. I hate the whole system.

It is impossible to learn anything in this environment.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 04:24:10 AM »

Yes, and all your History lecturers will kiss the veritable butts of post-colonial theorists like Edward Said too...

I lived with this on campus and I hated it.

I hate the 1950s Maoist schoolteachers, I hate their Trot successors. I hate the whole system.

It is impossible to learn anything in this environment.
What exactly has happened in the United Kingdom that has made them so pro muslim? The same sickness is starting up here in America but at a much slower rate. Here in America its mostly in places that have a higher concentration of mussies. The United Kingdom however seems to have totally adopted a muslim before all else policy.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Fortis

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 04:56:19 AM »
The left in Britain are courting Islamist support.  >:(

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 05:42:38 AM »
I guess its the same here in America with the left to some extent but in our case they are courting the Hispanic vote. Liberals in the government see to it that southern border security is kept to a minimum allowing anything and everything to come across. It is also suspected that muslims bent on causing problem here in America are using this breach of security to gain access into the country. I think the U.K's problems are more ingrained since many of the muslims are actual citizens.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 05:50:31 AM »
The JDL is needed everywhere. Baruch HaShem I live near L.A.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:18:19 PM by German Kahanist »