Author Topic: even more corrupt  (Read 1777 times)

shimonchaim

even more corrupt
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »
i know i might get alot of critisizm for wirting this but to me catholicism is even more corrupt then islam. catholisicm claimed to be the religion of peace while they killed hundresds of thousands of jews in the inquisition and the crusades. in the middle ages the catholic church told people they would go to hevan if they paid the church. there have been many cases of child molestaion in the church. the pope stood still while the holocaust happened. many former popes have said the jews killed jesus. islam has always been evil but the catholic church has been evil in a sneeky way.

p.s. by catholicism i do not meen cristianity

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: even more corrupt
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 11:08:52 PM »
Shimonchaim,

I'll agree that the RCC was hostile to the Jews in the past. 

Then again, there was that Second Vatical Council, and Pope John Paul did make some inroads regarding relations with the Jews.  I read that he went to Israel and placed a note in one of the holes in the Western Wall apologizing for the rcc's past treatment of Jews. 

Last year, when I went to a singles Shabbat dinner, a speech was given by a Rabbi who had just met with the priests/cardinals at the Vatican. He relayed a very interesting story. 

There was a Jewish family in Poland during WWII. They asked their Gentile neighbors to look after their boy after the Nazis took them away, and to send him back to his family if they were killed (which they were).   As promised, the neighbors looked after the boy, grew to love him, and wanted to adopt him, and they never heard back from the parents, who were killed by the Nazis.  So one day, the neighbors decided to have the boy baptized.  When they told their story to the young priest, the priest refused to baptize the boy, and insisted that they return him to his relatives.   

That young priest was the late Pope John Paul.  The boy is now an Orthodox Jew living in Canada. 

I also read another story of the Pope as a young man sheltering a young Jewish girl who escaped from a concentration/labor camp.  The woman now lives in Israel, and was reunited with the Pope in Italy on one occasion. 

Anyway, there will always be anti-semites.  That will never change.  The important thing is that we never again go like sheep to our slaughter, and that we be proud of being Jewish (and I'm not talking about being one of those moonbatty liberal reformed Jews).  Chaim actually said on one of the Ask JTF shows, that G-d would be behind us more if we adopted Torah true Judaim, rather than the reformed variety. 

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 12:09:48 AM »
i know i might get alot of critisizm for wirting this but to me catholicism is even more corrupt then islam. catholisicm claimed to be the religion of peace while they killed hundresds of thousands of jews in the inquisition and the crusades. in the middle ages the catholic church told people they would go to hevan if they paid the church. there have been many cases of child molestaion in the church. the pope stood still while the holocaust happened. many former popes have said the jews killed jesus. islam has always been evil but the catholic church has been evil in a sneeky way.

p.s. by catholicism i do not meen cristianity

Shalom ShimonChaim!

There are good things and bad things with Catholicism.  Pope John Paul II worked with President Reagan to bring down communism.  He supported the solidarity movement in Poland.  He also cautioned that European woman should pray before thinking about marrying a muslim.

The downside is Vatican does not support Israel.  Pope John Paul II kissed the koran and hugged that devil yasir arafat.  He also asked Jerusalem to be declared as an "international" city.  With the power and influence they have they should do more for Israel.

Regarding Crusades and Spanish inquisition it was very sad but we should also remember that the Catholic Church persecuted and killed several protestant Christians too.  Protestant Christian leaders like William Tyndale and John Wycliffe were severely persecuted by the Catholic church.  Many protestant reformers and Bible translators were burnt alive on stakes. 

Like Lisa wrote anti-Semites are everywhere including in our protestant Christianity and they are not going to change.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 02:01:25 AM »
He also cautioned that European woman should pray before thinking about marrying a muslim.

Major wow.   ::)

Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?