Author Topic: Obama picks ?Bible? for inauguration, but what verse?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Obama picks ?Bible? for inauguration, but what verse?
« on: December 25, 2008, 09:34:24 PM »
I'm guessing that he won't pick anything from the bible, but something from the Koran instead. The Lincoln Bible is about to be defaced.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/24/inauguration.scripture/index.html?iref=werecommend
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Obama picks ?Bible? for inauguration, but what verse?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »
How about if you work on the Sabbath you get stoned that would be easy and he would break it in a week.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:25:50 PM »
My guess is that Obama will have the Bible open to Genesis 16:12.  "And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brothers."

I bet he will take his oath upon that verse, and he will think to himself "call me Ishmael".

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 12:22:03 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a koran instead

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 06:06:17 AM »
It really is sad that Lincoln's Bible has to be desecrated by the hand of that filthy muzzy monkey. The fact that he is using a Bible is very comical to some extent. What real value is there in is swearing to anything on a holy book you don't take stock in. The Bible the Minister the words that will be spoken are all for public consumption. Bush's successor could not care less for any of it. Its all to lull the suspicious and convince the gullible that he will uphold the constitution and protect  the nation something he has no plans to do. This will be the first time a president will be sworn in that I will make sure that I avoid watching the proceedings. It really is sad in a great nation like this with all it's bright and intelligent people that we end up with a low piece of garbage like this in the most powerful office in the world. Something is just not right about the entire issue.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 11:06:36 AM »
You are so correct CJD.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 11:45:21 AM »
Many of us are eager to see what bible will be used for the inauguration.  Pray its not the Koran!

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 12:23:21 PM »
Maybe he'll say something like smite them above the neck.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 12:46:57 PM »
Sounds like he's trying to be the next "Honest Abe."  (looks like Michelle is trying to be Jackie Kennedy).  Heal a divided nation, malice toward none, blah-blah-blah.  I possess a good deal of Southern pride so I'm not a big Lincoln fan, even though I dare say he was probably righteous.

I will give BHO the benefit of the doubt by waiting to see how his early term goes.  I am holding him to his bold promises like fixing the economy.  I am afraid he and the arabs will do a big suck up--they are no doubt ringing their hands with glee.  I would hope any such sellout would create a huge outpouring of citizen support for Israel plus bolster disdain for arab aggression.  Sadly he is being reported today as they most admired man in America.  I don't remember being asked to participate in this "poll."

IMO, quoting the koran would be a gigantic mistake; he would lose even more support.  He's already ticked off the gays who supported him heavily.  I'm sure he'll play himself up as the born-again MLK messiah who will lead his lost nation to the promised land.  Wonder if Jesse "the spittin' castrater" Jackson will be there?  Guard them nads, O.

Which verse?  A guess would be something from Moses or the prophets.

No, I won't be watching either.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 10:20:29 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a koran instead

He has to desecrate something. He can't desecrate the Koran because it is already an abomination.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 10:43:41 PM »
He'll use a bible.  Lying (taqiya) is not only permissable in islamic law, it is advocated.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 03:43:06 AM »
When Obama got the tour of the White House he saw the Lincoln Memorial and he said I didn't know he was that big. And Bush said he is not even Standing up.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh