Author Topic: Help me, please, to grasp why this sudden move in Gaza - ?.  (Read 845 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Help me, please, to grasp why this sudden move in Gaza - ?.
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:21:39 PM »
Israel has been the subject of hit & run attacks for a long time, and now, seemingly out of the blue, their outgoing administration finally takes hard action.

There's an old expression that I adhere to:  "There's no such thing as coincidence."

So, I must surmise that even the liberal administration in Israel looked at the calendar, with a Muslim inauguration day approaching in America, and at last recognized that they can no longer assume having American support, so a national decision has been made to settle their arguments ASAP - eh?  And if that's correct, then this must be the first of several military actions over the next several days/ few weeks by IDF?

Opinions?  Feedback?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Help me, please, to grasp why this sudden move in Gaza - ?.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »
Yes you may be on to something. I think Israel may have decided to improve their position a bit before Bush's successor takes control of things. Bush was no bargain when it came to policy between Israel and the Arabs but he was not very aggressive in pushing Israel into much either. I think the successor will be more inclined to push Israel into concessionary deals that would by far favor Arab interests. I think Israel may have seen the writing on the wall and felt time for action was slipping away. Rocket attacks by the Arabs have been increasing and with the up coming elections the people in power want to show they are on top of things. Lets just hope it not a repeat of the action taken a year or so ago.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:34:39 PM »
Israel has been the subject of hit & run attacks for a long time, and now, seemingly out of the blue, their outgoing administration finally takes hard action.

There's an old expression that I adhere to:  "There's no such thing as coincidence."

So, I must surmise that even the liberal administration in Israel looked at the calendar, with a Muslim inauguration day approaching in America, and at last recognized that they can no longer assume having American support, so a national decision has been made to settle their arguments ASAP - eh?  And if that's correct, then this must be the first of several military actions over the next several days/ few weeks by IDF?

Opinions?  Feedback?

Who can say that they really understand the insane mentality of the Israeli leaders?  Nevertheless, I'm willing to give it a try.  It might have something to do with the fact that America is about to inaugurate a president who will be hostile to Israel.  But I don't think that this was the key factor in their decision to retaliate.  If Israel had really considered what they will be facing with an Obama administration, they would have been attempting to resolve the arab problem as soon as Obama had been elected.  Israel would have bombed Iran by now if it was truly aware what kind of danger they will find themselves in once Obama takes over.  So I think we can rule that out as a motivating factor.

My guess is that the mindset of the Israeli leaders is far more simplistic than you would suspect.  There was a supposed cease-fire in place.  It doesn't matter that the arabs in Gaza had continuously violated this so-called cease-fire every day.  The weak leaders in Israel have a habit (a bad habit) of trying to show the world how nice they are.  So Israel did not respond to the continuous rocket attacks because of this fictitious cease-fire.  Now that the cease-fire is over, all of a sudden Israeli leaders think it is now justified to respond to attacks on them.

Before the cease-fire was over, Israel would have been in the wrong to respond to attacks on their towns.  But now that the cease-fire is over, Israel has the permission to defend itself.  It's crazy, it's simplistic, it's moronic, and it's immoral.  But that's how the warped minds of the Israeli leaders work.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
G-d's Hannukah present for us.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »
I agree, time is running out before hussein.
aka Someone Else

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 05:17:08 AM »
There is nothing sudden about this move. I suppose the world-media, hence the world attention was indifferent to what was going in Israel the last few weeks, but in fact hundreds of thousands of Israeli citizens were under constant rocket attacks. The Israeli government, facing an outrage from its public, had to make a move.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 06:25:22 AM »
Israel worries alot about what the world thinks. So when they do decide to take action, they often choose to take action when the world is not focussed on them.. eg. now with the economy.

They also act in a way that is just tit for tat, and like a pressure cooker.  ike a child annoying a parent and the parent suddenly decides to smack the child. So here Israel is smacking the child.. It won't last.

Another reason is that Obama is still only president-elect, and not President yet.  (he becomes president on Jan 20th , the jan 20th date has been like that for decades). So Israel fear that he will be leftist and take action before he becomes president.
With the economy though, (and iraq and afghanistan) Obama has other things to worry about, and so, given the economy, Israel chose its timing so as to try to avoid front pages.  I think the pressure cooker theory works well too though.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 08:27:29 AM »

Opinions?  Feedback?

Leftist Kadima and Labor were losing support in the polls in large numbers, as they are seen as not capable of defending the country against the attacks of our enemies.   Likud was gaining more and more support as the public loses faith in the (farther left) leftist phonies.  So this escapade in Gaza is supposed to regain credibility after months and months of doing nothing and giving no response to the daily rocket attacks by terrorists into Israel's southern cities.    They also want very badly to hand over power from Hamas to Fatah in gaza, but this will backfire bigtime.  It will be impossible short of a fullscale invasion, and even if they did that, it would be a waste of human life to "conquer" a place only to hand it over from one group of terrorists to a different group of terrorists.   And it's almost guaranteed that even those effects (Fatah being in control totally) wouldn't last.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 08:38:12 AM »

Opinions?  Feedback?

Leftist Kadima and Labor were losing support in the polls in large numbers, as they are seen as not capable of defending the country against the attacks of our enemies.   Likud was gaining more and more support as the public loses faith in the (farther left) leftist phonies.  So this escapade in Gaza is supposed to regain credibility after months and months of doing nothing and giving no response to the daily rocket attacks by terrorists into Israel's southern cities.    They also want very badly to hand over power from Hamas to Fatah in gaza, but this will backfire bigtime.  It will be impossible short of a fullscale invasion, and even if they did that, it would be a waste of human life to "conquer" a place only to hand it over from one group of terrorists to a different group of terrorists.   And it's almost guaranteed that even those effects (Fatah being in control totally) wouldn't last.
Exactlly
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
When BHO ascends to the throne and starts operating, then comparatively even the leftists of Israel may start appearing  like rightists. Then rightists of Israel  may start looking something like angels.

So to combat and avoid such a situation, the leftists of Israel have started behaving like rightists in advance.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »
i think they are taking advantage of a bush-obama transition...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein