Author Topic: China, Russia hook up military hotline  (Read 435 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
China, Russia hook up military hotline
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »
Chinese and Russian military chiefs have spoken to each other on a new phone hotline for the first time amid warming ties between the two countries.
Chen Bingde, chief of the general staff of China's army, and his Russian counterpart Nikolay Makarov, speaking Monday for the first time on the new hotline, pledged to communicate frequently in order to push forward military ties.

Chen said the new military hotline was a sign of growing political trust and strategic co-operation between Beijing and Moscow, Xinhua reported.

“The phone link is designed for timely communication on significant issues,” he said

The two countries' presidents first agreed to set up the phone hotline nearly three years ago.

China and Russia have stepped up their military links in recent years, conducting joint anti-terrorism and border control exercises.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=79897&sectionid=351020404

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: China, Russia hook up military hotline
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »
While this seems trivial... I think its one of many preludes to war...  Russia wants to start a war in the region... but wants to ensure that China knows that it has no intentions attacking it.   Basically...  right after it aggressively starts attacking the former soviet republics... it will call China and say....  'No worries... were still buddies'

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: China, Russia hook up military hotline
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »
While this seems trivial... I think its one of many preludes to war...  Russia wants to start a war in the region... but wants to ensure that China knows that it has no intentions attacking it.   Basically...  right after it aggressively starts attacking the former soviet republics... it will call China and say....  'No worries... were still buddies'

I agree Russia wants China on there side if a war breaks out in the region