Author Topic: Israeli rabbis: Thou shalt kill civilians  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Israeli rabbis: Thou shalt kill civilians
« on: December 30, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »
Four leading Israeli rabbis have sanctioned the murder of civilian population in the Gaza Strip amid the Israeli onslaught on the region.
"When a population living near a Jewish town sends bombs at the Jewish town with the purpose of killing and destroying Jewish lives there, it is permitted, according to Jewish Law, to fire shells and bombs at the firing sites, even if they are populated by civilians," read a ruling issued by Rabbi Yaakov Yosef, Rabbi Dov Lior, Rabbi Shalom Dov Wolpe and Rabbi Meir Mazuz.

The four added that a warning should be issued prior to any attacks; however, they reiterated that the army's response to rocket or mortar fires may be immediate "even if there is no time for a warning."

The rabbis argued that the army should announce that it would bomb any civilian community from which a rocket is fired to force the local residents into confronting those who fire rockets or mortars at Israeli targets.

Rabbi Mazuz is a member of the Shas Council of Torah Sages.

The ruling seems to give a free hand to Israeli commanders to attack Gaza's civilian population and persuade those troops who have reservations to kill civilians due to humanitarian considerations.

Tel Aviv launched an "all-out war" against the enclave allegedly to put an end to rocket attacks by Palestinian factions on Israel. IAF warplanes and helicopters have so far pounded over 300 targets, including schools and TV stations across the coastal area since Saturday.

Israeli tanks and troops were also deployed along the border with the Gaza Strip.

The attacks have left at least 385 people killed and 1,800 others wounded, Palestinian medical sources told Press TV.

According to UN officials, 57 civilians, including women and children, are among the victims.

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, however, has downplayed the high number of civilian deaths saying civilian casualties are a quite normal outcome of war.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=79947&sectionid=351020202

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Israeli rabbis: Thou shalt kill civilians
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
ABSOLUTELY------ SELF DEFENSE.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »
Wow - I was trying to say that in a post but having trouble.
You summed it up in 3 words.

If America would have taken that attitude we would have lost less of our military members.
You can't fight a PC war.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:41:07 AM »

I commented to the RABBIS as well- these are REAL RABBIS.   :israel:
   NOT like the rabbis4OBUTTHEAD.  >:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »
Wow - I was trying to say that in a post but having trouble.
You summed it up in 3 words.

If America would have taken that attitude we would have lost less of our military members.
You can't fight a PC war.

I know- SAD!!! Tell you Bullcat- if AMERICA REFUSES to do ANYTHING about these situations that were are in- we HAVE to take up for a RIGHTEOUS CAUSE.  Chaim tells me that IF things CHANGE In Israel- IT WILL happen in USA- I believe that- 100%. Israel has been a mirror, and USA a reflection-   REFLECT USA REFLECT
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 11:50:46 AM »
 :clap:

But notice the headlines "...have sanctioned the murder of civilian population.."

It's not murder, but killing. And you gotta do what you got to do.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »
Four leading Israeli rabbis have sanctioned the murder of civilian population in the Gaza Strip amid the Israeli onslaught on the region. <snip>

you're onto something good here..

There's a joke ,  2 jews are sitting on a bench, one is reading an anti-semitic paper.. The other says "why do you read that, it's horrible". He says "what are you talking about.. it's fantastic.. it says the jews control the banks, the jews control all the governments of the world, the jews have loads of money, jews are great in business".    Look at your jewish paper, that's horrible news, it says "anti-semitism is rising, jews are leaving , the jewish community is shrinking" e.t.c.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »
We shouldn't be surprised by the tone of this article. It comes from an Iranian 'news agency' based in Tehran.

The inflammatory rhetoric designed to make readers believe that Rabbis have real-time direct input into IDF operational procedures/tactical decisions, and that the Rabbis are urging IDF troops to 'murder innocent civilians' isn't surprising considering the source.

In all honesty, the tone of the article isn't that much worse than the garbage put out by AP, the BBC, AFP etc.

One interesting detail is that even the UN is saying of the 385 killed in Gaza only 57 were 'civilians'. Realistically, we can assume even this number is probably inflated.

Considering the fact that the Gaza strip is the most densely populated area on the planet (the koranimals are packed in there like sardines) it is amazing that 'civilian' casualties are so low.

Not that I give a rat's tuchas about koranimal 'civilians'. As far as I'm concerned they're all collectively guilty and deserve collective punishment. In fact, I wish the casualties in Gaza were 10,000 times greater.

But it must be said that the combination of extraordinary intelligence gathering and smart munitions has produced the most accurate bombing campaign in history. This is an amazing achievement, although not one I'm happy with.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »
Yes, I don't think the title reflects accurately what the Rabbis said. The word 'murder' means killing someone for no reason other than you want to destroy a life. What these Rabbis did say is much more intelligent:

"When a population living near a Jewish town sends bombs at the Jewish town with the purpose of killing and destroying Jewish lives there, it is permitted, according to Jewish Law, to fire shells and bombs at the firing sites, even if they are populated by civilians,"

This is not MURDER, it is killing in self-defense. It is because of this that the attack on Shabbat was halachically allowed because in effect the entire operation is one of Pikuie Nefesh {Saving Jewish Lives}. By removing these murderous thugs from Gaza we will save numerous Jewish lives from being murdered.

I just hope this talk of Truce is another deception... There are 1000s of terrorist plotting mayhem in Israel and it would be foolhardy to let the roaches out of their nests.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 03:24:02 PM »

The article is written to make israel look WORSE towards arabs.. more bloodthirsty.

That's fine!

It's a very good message.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »
Well, portraying Rabbis as sanctioning the murder of innocent civilians isn't exactly a good message.

But it is a good message in another sense.

When dealing with koranimals it is far better to be feared than respected.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »
Well, portraying Rabbis as sanctioning the murder of innocent civilians isn't exactly a good message.

But it is a good message in another sense.

When dealing with koranimals it is far better to be feared than respected.

"civilian population in the Gaza Strip "

not innocent.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »
I wonder if these Rabbis might be able to help Chaim get into Israel.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 05:34:51 PM »
Yes, I don't think the title reflects accurately what the Rabbis said. The word 'murder' means killing someone for no reason other than you want to destroy a life. What these Rabbis did say is much more intelligent:

"When a population living near a Jewish town sends bombs at the Jewish town with the purpose of killing and destroying Jewish lives there, it is permitted, according to Jewish Law, to fire shells and bombs at the firing sites, even if they are populated by civilians,"

This is not MURDER, it is killing in self-defense. It is because of this that the attack on Shabbat was halachically allowed because in effect the entire operation is one of Pikuie Nefesh {Saving Jewish Lives}. By removing these murderous thugs from Gaza we will save numerous Jewish lives from being murdered.

I just hope this talk of Truce is another deception... There are 1000s of terrorist plotting mayhem in Israel and it would be foolhardy to let the roaches out of their nests.

ABSOLUTELY right.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 07:49:06 PM »

That's a good question, we should look into that..

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »
I'm thinking when he does get into Israel these rabbis could help him once he's there too.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 06:07:00 AM »
I'm thinking when he does get into Israel these rabbis could help him once he's there too.

and he could help them.. He already is helping Rabbi/Rav Dov Lior, he mentioned that kids are coming to the Rav asking him about his videos.
Israeli youth are largely secular, this is a great achievement.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

You're right. The matter should definitely be looked into.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »
should be go about asking them,

1- by making the case he has.. the injustice and hypocrisy

or should be do it

2- on the basis of how he can build the movement in israel.

I guess '1' actually.. since it worked to get one establishment rabbi to help..     The rabbis that he can help should be aware of that anyway..

maybe '2' will help though.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 04:40:50 PM »
These so called "civilians" give aid and comfort to Hamas very willingly.  They are not like civilians in South Ossetia or East Timor. In the US if you harbor fugitives, it is considered a crime.  Somehow, it's ok that the women help get supplies for Hamas and the children create diversions for the Israeli military.  The women and children celebrate in the streets every time Jewish women and children are killed.   

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
:clap:

But notice the headlines "...have sanctioned the murder of civilian population.."

It's not murder, but killing. And you gotta do what you got to do.

Yes, you are right. I was a little bit shocked about myself, that I overread it totally.

If you read such things daily, it becomes normality, althrough this word choice is twisted and wrong.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani