Author Topic: Your thoughts on Yoga  (Read 22808 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Your thoughts on Yoga
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2009, 11:11:51 AM »
<snip>  I like having the grammar and spelling police on the forum.  ;)

I'm a good spelling policeman, but I don't watch grammar..

Maybe JTF should put out an ad for a grammar policeman?

or policewoman, imagine that!
I can imagine it.  I just can't apply.  :'(
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »

You'd be the only applicant, you'd get the position, and you could make up the rules as you go along. You could write your own rule book and pedantically enforce every rule.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
Hindus and Jews are the only hope for this planet. No one else seems to be interested in winning the war Muslims have declared on us.

If Yoga brings our two cultures together and fosters mutual understanding, it is a great thing.

Hinduism has a lot to offer beyond Yoga. It doesn't make you any less a Jew if you learn about Hinduism. We are in this together.

we can join together against muslims without studying each other's religions.

yoga can be fine.. But we can simply join together against the muslim threat, there is enough in common there.

you hindus actually may even have a bigger problem than we do in terms of hindus becoming less religious..  Interfaith dialogue won't help make hindus more religious.   We can work together but there is no need to bring cultures together or study each other's religion.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »

You'd be the only applicant, you'd get the position, and you could make up the rules as you go along. You could write your own rule book and pedantically enforce every rule.
Superlatvie advice.  I just might apply.  It might be fun busting horns.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
As a Christian I probably would never do yoga. I know there are many different Christian opinions on it, but I'm not sure I would ever be comfortable with it even if I were positive that some forms of it were okay.

It should be noted that several heretical cults of Christianity (such as the Unity School of Christianity, and New Age Christianity, which are both basically a syncretism of Christianity and Hinduism) practice yoga.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2009, 01:40:21 PM »
Hindus and Jews are the only hope for this planet. No one else seems to be interested in winning the war Muslims have declared on us.

If Yoga brings our two cultures together and fosters mutual understanding, it is a great thing.

Hinduism has a lot to offer beyond Yoga. It doesn't make you any less a Jew if you learn about Hinduism. We are in this together.

we can join together against muslims without studying each other's religions.

yoga can be fine.. But we can simply join together against the muslim threat, there is enough in common there.

you hindus actually may even have a bigger problem than we do in terms of hindus becoming less religious..  Interfaith dialogue won't help make hindus more religious.   We can work together but there is no need to bring cultures together or study each other's religion.

Yes.

Within Hinduism there are many branches and tendencies which are very similar to most other religions.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2009, 01:50:29 PM »
Now this ones for my Jewish friends :)

Torah yoga: Exercise with a Jewish twist

http://www.amherstbulletin.com/story/id/123303/

I want the likes of q_q, muman ..to give thoughts on this!

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »
Jewish yoga- a tribute to Indian tradition
http://indiapost.com/article/communitypost/5105/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
Jewish yoga- a tribute to Indian tradition
http://indiapost.com/article/communitypost/5105/

That's more of a social thing.

worse really.

With Jews outside of israel, generally speaking, if an event is a jewish event, and you don't see -anybody- with black hats and beards, then it's not people serious about judaism.

Even though it says "rabbi". They aren't rabbis. There are orthodox jews who believe in G-d and his revelation to Moses. And other sects who just don't.
There are many jews that feel uncomfortable leaving judaism completely, so they go to one of these fake synagogues with a fake rabbi.. and they feel they have somehow honoured their ancestors..

Notice that they have women rabbis. That is something these sects do, so it's  a giveaway.

There is such a thing as jewish meditation.. The practice is largely lost, there may be some seriously religious jews that try to rediscover it.. But this is not an instance of it.

Those "rabbis" that do believe in G-d, don't believe in a personal G-d(a foundation of judaism from throughout the bible). And I guarantee that if you asked them if Judaism is True , they would be hardprssed to give an answer. If you asked them if Islam is False, they would not agree. They are relativists.. and not intellectually honest.

These people are completely ignorant.

Rabbi Kahane once said regarding these so-called rabbis.. That their only blessing is that their congregation is more ignorant than they are.

Look at this, it's hilarious.. We had said earlier that the Om chant was something that should be changed for jewish yoga .  e.g. to no chant or something jewish.

"

"Classes are conducted by Amy Reed. In most of her classes, students chant "Om" three times in yogic position. A bit earlier, Judi Wisch, a religious educator who was leading the group along with Reed, had opened the session: "Welcome to yoga with a Jewish twist.""

"

The jewish twist is that jews are doing it.

For these people, being jewish is eating bagels.

There's a jewish museum in Camden Town, and jews are interviewed what it measn to be jewish.. The museum is totally reform..

These sects are reform/conservative/reconstructionist/liberal.. They have similar names, each one more liberal than the next. All sharing the fact that they don't believe in G-d and the Torah.
These contrast with Orthodox jews..  Orthodox judaism is real judaism.

Now, jews can follow religions other than orthodox judaism, then they are bad jews. It doesn't mean they are not jewish.. But it's nothing..

Rabbi Kahane wrote a book called "Why be jewish". And he talks about the problems this creates.. In an interview with Lenny Brenner, he asked him. "Why be jewish?".  Kahane kills people with that argument. . showing them that the only reason is if you believe in judaism.  Brenner says he doesn't consider himself jewish.. So that ended that one. Kahane said he's not relevant!  Most jews consider themselves jewish even when they don't believe in what makes them jewish. I think Kahane would then use that to push those jews to make the decision, and they'd usually go from their nothing, to judaism..

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2009, 02:50:26 AM »
VERY interesting video about Yoga, and how SOVIET COMMUNISTS were fascinated with using Yoga to dupe the useful idiots who are quick to jump on such bandwagons into weakness and further brainwashing.

How the KGB Explored Yoga, Meditation & Drugs to Weaken the USA

aka Someone Else

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2009, 03:44:25 AM »
I knew it was spelled valor.
I must admit to being too lazy to check myself last night.
It's true.
I came back here to change it this morning and here you are  :nono:!
That's ok...you wouldn't be q_q_ if you weren't.
And q_q_...what if I want to spell it valour?
Will I be written a ticket?
 ;D
PS - Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

America is a great country, and you've built yourself your own dumbed down spellings, you should be proud and use them!

for example,  Aeroplane is a bit difficult for you americans to even say, so you say Airplane

Aluminium is a bit difficult, that ium, just far too hard. So many americans write aluminum (with funny syllabic stress too).

The "our" of colour and valour, vigour e.t.c. become "or" in america. Color, valor, vigor.

cheque(as in bank)  becomes check

You can't blame african americans for those!

I just hope you won't be writing "axe" too commonly in the future - as in I is go-in-a/goner axe a question!
The big one is "programme", dumbed down to "program". Creeps in everywhere. The biggest thing since Zero for Nought, and Truck for Lorry.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2009, 06:54:57 AM »
It's all for nought!  I have no money to put gas in the lorry. 
Please hand me that programme.  I want to see if they spelled my name correctly.

Doesn't sound so great in my accent and it took too long to write program with those extra letters.  8;)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »
Please hand me that programme.  I want to see if they spelled my name correctly.

Doesn't sound so great in my accent and it took too long to write program with those extra letters.  8;)

"petrol" instead of "gas"  :)
aka Someone Else

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 01:56:46 PM »

:::D Thanks xoce.  ;D
I'm off to the petrol station to fill up the lorry.   :o  :D  I didn't understand myself for a second there.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »

I'm off to the petrol station to fill up the lorry.   :o  :D  I didn't understand myself for a second there.

You know, I always find it real ignorant when I start a conversation and the others drift off into a completely different subject. Interesting, though...

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »
<snip>
The big one is "programme", dumbed down to "program". Creeps in everywhere. The biggest thing since Zero for Nought, and Truck for Lorry.

Well, for truck, they pay the price.. they now have a name for that terrible creation, the female trucker!

I guess we have a name too. Joe Brand.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »

You know, I always find it real ignorant when I start a conversation and the others drift off into a completely different subject. Interesting, though...

You've joined in on the side-topic as well, though!  As did I!

I tried to get it back on track, did you read this post of mine?

VERY interesting video about Yoga, and how SOVIET COMMUNISTS were fascinated with using Yoga to dupe the useful idiots who are quick to jump on such bandwagons into weakness and further brainwashing.

aka Someone Else

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »

You've joined in on the side-topic as well, though!  As did I!

I tried to get it back on track, did you read this post of mine?

They may have wanted to exploit Yoga, but not explore it..

Interesting, but it doesn't damn yoga. No doubt yoga has great health benefits.  Though not a particularly russian persuit! Russians are all about being tough. Winning. Not overall health.

Don't turn yoga into some evil KGB plot.

I can't remember the names, but somebody interviewed on Tamar Yonah once said that somebody high up told him that the Govt promoted feminism because they were only taxing half the population.  Obviously likewise, feminism has its bad aspects.. but when women are really abused, it is helpful.
Clearly too much yoga or too much feminism is bad.  As is too much  black civil rights. And I did read somewhere that the KGB funded all these things..
And the idea of criticising societies and structures and -opposing- them, but not offering any alternative  .  (a very liberal thing to do).

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2009, 05:23:20 PM »
When I was little I watched some shows on Nickelodeon that had  British voices in them and my mom told me I started speaking in a British accent.  ;D

Well I do like treacle sponge pudding.  :eat:

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2009, 05:47:39 PM »
When I was little I watched some shows on Nickelodeon that had  British voices in them and my mom told me I started speaking in a British accent.  ;D

You are just a gem Rubystars.  JTF is lucky to have you as a member.  ;D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »

Nice. Much better than the common british desert called "Spotted Dick"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_Dick

Apparently common in hospitals!
Spotted Dick back on menu
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2249273.stm

I remember it well from primary school (What you call elementary school).
sounds disturbing, doesn't it! poor suffering kids. I always refused it

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
Drifting conversation noted.  :nono: 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »
Drifting conversation noted.  :nono: 

well after 7 pages, if it hasn't drifted, then it'd show we really haven't got anywhere.

I wouldn't call it drifting, i'd say that there are some subthreads here consisting of only one node. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2009, 06:38:27 PM »

You are just a gem Rubystars.  JTF is lucky to have you as a member.  ;D

Thanks bullcat you're a wonderful member as well. :)

QQ that spotted dick stuff actually looks pretty good to try but I think that's a rather scary name for a food.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »

Nice. Much better than the common british desert called "Spotted Dick"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_Dick

Apparently common in hospitals!
Spotted Dick back on menu
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2249273.stm

I remember it well from primary school (What you call elementary school).
sounds disturbing, doesn't it! poor suffering kids. I always refused it

Our 6-year old gets Spotted Dick in school, served by a Miss Badcock.
He also gets Yoga once a week, and it spoils his day.