Author Topic: 'State-assisted actors carried out Mumbai attacks'  (Read 452 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
'State-assisted actors carried out Mumbai attacks'
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:57:11 PM »
India's home minister has challenged Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari's claim that the Mumbai attackers were carried out by 'stateless actors'.
Somebody who is familiar with intelligence and who is familiar with commando operations has directed this operation, Palaniappan Chidambaram said in an interview with NDTV news channel on Sunday.

"I presume they are state actors or state-assisted actors unless the contrary is proved," Chidambaram noted.

“It was too enormous a crime and required much elaborated planning, communication networks, financial backing,” he said.

Chidambaram's comments are at odds with Pakistan's insistence that non-state actors were behind the coordinated strike by 10 gunmen that killed at least 179 people in Mumbai last year.

Chidambaram said he would travel to Washington this week with evidence linking Pakistan to the deadly Mumbai attacks.

He said the 'detailed dossier' included telephone transcripts, communication intercepts and interrogation reports.

India, US and Britain hold a Pakistan based militant group named Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) responsible for the attacks that killed at least 179 people including nine militants that carried out the terror spree.

Islamabad says it has not received any concrete proof justifying claims that militants who attacked Mumbai were Pakistani nationals.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=80618&sectionid=351020402

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: 'State-assisted actors carried out Mumbai attacks'
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »
India got it's own 9/11, and now they have their own 9/11 conspiracy theorists.  Before you know it they'll have their own Ron Paul.
Rama Lama Ding Dong