Author Topic: 300 Is A Great Film  (Read 11172 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
300 Is A Great Film
« on: March 12, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
Just got out of the theater, at the end, the audience applauded! Western Civilization fights against the Persian Horde.  ;D

The lefty critics hate it, the unbiased critics love it. This film sends out the right message! It is a commentary on loyalty to your nation, and patriotism, and traitors during war time. This is why the lefties are taking objection to it it, they see themselves in it and the picture of the traitors ain't pretty, literally, the traitors are portrayed as deformed and loathsome retches.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:03:01 PM by NewYorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: 300 Is A Great Film
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:10:40 PM »
I am planning on seeing this movie. However, a truly great movie doesn't have a black and white message. In a great movie, the viewer finds meaning autonomously.

On a side note, I believe both sides were equally horrific. Remember the Persians=//=Muslims!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 07:15:42 PM »
The Greeks weren't horrific, the Persians were. The Greeks were the dawn of western civilization. The "Persians" were effing savage arabs, just like they are today, hell, thousands of years later and their colthing hasn't even changed from those times.

Din Rodef

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »
Cool - Thanks for the review

I've gotta see this film

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:19 PM »
The Greeks weren't horrific, the Persians were. The Greeks were the dawn of western civilization. The "Persians" were effing savage arabs, just like they are today, hell, thousands of years later and their colthing hasn't even changed from those times.

The Greeks were exceptionally cruel to the nations they conquered. They were first and foremost a militant society, constantly murdering and pillaging even amongst themselves.

Say what you want about the Persians, but they conquered the Arabs. They were every bit as modern as the Greeks and their empire at times exceeded Greek prestige.

It's been a while since I've studied either empire in detail but I distinctly remember cheering for the Ancient Persians as I was studying European history.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 07:34:14 PM »
Iranians outraged over hit movie ‘300’
Blockbuster depicting Persian siege called an ‘obvious insult’

TEHRAN, Iran - The hit American movie “300” has angered Iranians who say the Greeks-vs-Persians action flick insults their ancient culture and provokes animosity against Iran.

“Hollywood declares war on Iranians,” blared a headline in Tuesday’s edition of the independent Ayende-No newspaper.

The movie, which raked in $70 million in its opening weekend, is based on a comic-book fantasy version of the battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C., in which a force of 300 Spartans held off a massive Persian army at a mountain pass in Greece for three days.

Even some American reviewers noted the political overtones of the West-against-Iran story line — and the way Persians are depicted as decadent, sexually flamboyant and evil in contrast to the noble Greeks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17599641/?GT1=9145 

I told you it's a good film!  ;D

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »

TEHRAN, Iran - The hit American movie “300” has angered Iranians who say the Greeks-vs-Persians action flick insults their ancient culture and provokes animosity against Iran.

“Hollywood declares war on Iranians,” blared a headline in Tuesday’s edition of the independent Ayende-No newspaper.

The movie, which raked in $70 million in its opening weekend, is based on a comic-book fantasy version of the battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.E., in which a force of 300 Spartans held off a massive Persian army at a mountain pass in Greece for three days.

Even some American reviewers noted the political overtones of the West-against-Iran story line — and the way Persians are depicted as decadent, sexually flamboyant and evil in contrast to the noble Greeks.

This is a red-herring. The Muslims have no claim to the Ancient Persian civilization.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »

Yeah, whatever, it's a cool movie, and the ancient Persians are still ragheads. Are you always such a kill joy?

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:45:13 PM »

The movie, which raked in $70 million in its opening weekend, is based on a comic-book fantasy version of the battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.E., in which a force of 300 Spartans held off a massive Persian army at a mountain pass in Greece for three days.

Some nerve.  The Iranian sand nighers already declared war on us with their Iranian Revolution.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 07:55:08 PM »

Yeah, whatever, it's a cool movie, and the ancient Persians are still ragheads. Are you always such a kill joy?

How am I a kill joy?  I admit that it's a cool movie and I can't wait to see it. Still, I would be highly skeptical that this movie is delivering a political message instead of an artistic one.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:02:29 PM »

How am I a kill joy?  I admit that it's a cool movie and I can't wait to see it. Still, I would be highly skeptical that this movie is delivering a political message instead of an artistic one.

"The Greeks were exceptionally cruel to the nations they conquered."
"This is a red-herring. The Muslims have no claim to the Ancient Persian civilization."

You're killing the fantasy with your frikkin' facts!  ;)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:04:55 PM by NewYorker »

shimonchaim

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
the ancient persian empire was much more kind to the jews than the greek empire

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 09:36:46 PM »
the ancient persian empire was much more kind to the jews than the greek empire

I agree. Specific kings were indeed better to the Jews through their policy of local autonomy.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 11:30:42 PM »
I viewed the trailers on the official "300" Website.
Looks like a real winner in terms of entertainment.
I couldn't help but think that "300" is going to be the best recruitment tool for the U.S. Armed Forces we've had in our time.
Also found myself projecting our contemporary U.S. & Western Civilization vs Islamic barbarism situation on to the story line.
Very surreal film; everything in it very much "over the top", and is most definitely not a historical reenactment movie, nor is it even a factually correct story.
Even so, I have to admit that not only could I not take my eyes off of the preview trailers, but I went back and watched each one three times consecutively.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 08:11:09 AM »
What use is a political message to the average affluent cinema-goer of today?

They are all brain dead.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 08:13:38 AM »
I loved the bit in the trailer when the Spartan kicked the schvartza off the cliff.

Did the woman whisper 'the curse of blackness'?

The Persians look like a bunch of schvartzas, is this deliberate?

Most white people would sooner imitate and worship schvartzas than push them off cliffs, sadly.

I was just thinking, it would probably be quite uncomfortable going to a cinema (where a lot of white girls take their black boyfriends) and then for the movie to display subtle white supremacist messages.  The blonde girls would probably laugh and giggle while their black boyfriends seethed with indignation.

Does anyone else here notice that a lot of inter-racial couples go to the cinema?
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
The movie sounds like white women making an ultimatum on white guys, 'Either kill the [censored] or we're all going to spread our legs for them.'

Isn't this an incitement to violence?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 12:31:04 PM »
Fruit asks:  "...Isn't this an incitement to violence?..."

Not at all, Fruit!

It's a merely a "demonstration of violence"; for which one must purchase a ticket.

I have always believed that "incitement to violence" was done for free!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 04:19:06 PM »
I loved the bit in the trailer when the Spartan kicked the schvartza off the cliff.

Did the woman whisper 'the curse of blackness'?

The Persians look like a bunch of schvartzas, is this deliberate?

Most white people would sooner imitate and worship schvartzas than push them off cliffs, sadly.

I was just thinking, it would probably be quite uncomfortable going to a cinema (where a lot of white girls take their black boyfriends) and then for the movie to display subtle white supremacist messages.  The blonde girls would probably laugh and giggle while their black boyfriends seethed with indignation.

Does anyone else here notice that a lot of inter-racial couples go to the cinema?

Oh yeah, didn't mention that, all the good guys in this film are white, and they are badasses, all the bad guys, are, ahem!.. "Multicultural". Another reason to like this film.  8)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 10:24:39 PM »
Re:  "...I loved the bit in the trailer when the Spartan kicked the schvartza off the cliff.

Did the woman whisper 'the curse of blackness'?..."

It sounded to me like she whispered "Now you've done it!...and just where am I going to find a new yardman?"

Offline islam_is_for_pedophiles

• New JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »
I'm not Greek, but for non-Greek whites to feel any pride in the story of Thermopylae is dumb. No stupid irish or italians played any part in this epic.

Offline indoeuropean87

• New JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 06:50:25 PM »

The Greeks were exceptionally cruel to the nations they conquered. They were first and foremost a militant society, constantly murdering and pillaging even amongst themselves.

Say what you want about the Persians, but they conquered the Arabs. They were every bit as modern as the Greeks and their empire at times exceeded Greek prestige.

It's been a while since I've studied either empire in detail but I distinctly remember cheering for the Ancient Persians as I was studying European history.

Yes Greeks were so bad, that they invented philosophy, drama, high forms of art, strong military improvements and Sparta was successful in keeping their people free of weaklings. I guess it's great for you to cheer persians who tried to ruthlessly take over Greece, oh and why is killing Arabs ok?? Killing Jews AND Arabs is wrong.

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
300 WAS a great film.

In terms of history however, one has to remember that yes...Greece was the cradle of Western civilization. (But modern Western Civilization has gotten its morals (Those it started out with anyway) from the Jews, carried on by the Christians after Rome officially became a "Christian" nation.)

Before that time...the Greeks and Romans were just as pagan as the Persians. The Greeks were in fact very much a homosexual society. Worse, they were pedophiles. They did not condone men sleeping with men, but rather men using boys for their sexual gratification. They were only expected to marry in order to reproduce and have offspring to further their civilization.

I have to wonder if ancient Persia had these same practices?

AND! For the wrong poster somewhere above...ancient Persians were not ever Arabs.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

TruthTyper

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 08:35:19 PM »

You act like whites are animals by saying we would push negros off cliffs. Actually that seems like something the negroids would do. Who created the Greek Empire, Persian Empire, Roman Empire, British Empire, Holy Roman Empire, etc... Oh yeah-- Whites!
Do not get me wrong, I love jews and have respect for them. But I can't let you insult the European race.

Before that time...the Greeks and Romans were just as pagan as the Persians.

Pagan Europe was great, IMO. The pagans allowed advancements in science, philosphy, mathematics, etc.. While Christian Europe would burn you at the stake for suggesting that other planets may have life on it (true story ;) ). Christianity hurt Europe and our race, you must admit.