Author Topic: Cheney says no one saw financial crisis coming  (Read 683 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Cheney says no one saw financial crisis coming
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »
WASHINGTON – Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday that he sees no reason for President George W. Bush to pre-emptively pardon anyone at the CIA involved in harsh interrogations of suspected terrorists. "I don't have any reason to believe that anybody in the agency did anything illegal," he said. In an interview with The Associated Press, Cheney also said that Bush has no need to apologize for not foreseeing the economic crisis.

"I don't think he needs to apologize. I think what he needed to do is take bold, aggressive action and he has," Cheney said.

"I don't think anybody saw it coming," he said.

During a wide-ranging interview lasting about 25 minutes in West Wing office, Cheney also said Iran remains at the top of the list of foreign policy challenges that President-elect Barack Obama will face. He said an "irresponsible withdrawal" from Iraq now would be ill-advised. And he said he's confident that North Korea helped Syria build a reactor — a site that Israel suspected of being a nuclear installation and bombed in 2007.

After Obama takes the oath of office on Jan. 20, the 67-year-old Cheney plans to possibly write a book and spend time with his wife, Lynne, their two daughters and six grandchildren. He and his wife will split their time between their house in Virginia and their hometown of Casper, Wyo.

An avid angler, Cheney said the first river he wants to fish is the South Fork of the Snake River on the Wyoming-Idaho border.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090109/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_interview

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Cheney says no one saw financial crisis coming
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
What a complete retard.   Politicians never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »
Send Cheney and Obama Quail hunting ;D

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »
In all fairness to Cheney I don't think the nations finances were what he was spending time on. I think after 911 he spent most of his time on national security. Moreover I think that the GOP saw it would be painted as the party that picks on the downtrodden if they tried to expose the subprime crises and avoided the issue like a case of aids.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »
Wow, amazing, i've got lots of friend's who saw it coming, years ago now.... :laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 10:45:14 PM »
Cheney is lying dirtbag. 

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 02:02:14 AM »
Funny, I've been reading reports from guys like Peter Schiff and Max Keiser who've been calling this meltdown for years.  I'm glad I pulled my money out of the stock market. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 06:05:39 AM »
Somebody should send this to Cheney before his next heart attack.  I'll introduce him to the one who saw it coming years in advance and is as wise as Solomon and bold as David, one of the few people who truly grasp how the economy functions, the incomparable Peter Schiff:

The networks put him on as a goof thinking he was like a loon in the woods.  Turns out everything he predicted came true and this video has gone viral with nearly a million views.  All the stockbrokers on the floor of the NY stock exchange have seen it and how prescient he was.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »
Cheney is a man never to be trusted.  He's had more heart attacks in his life than moments of truth.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »
Cheney is a man never to be trusted.  He's had more heart attacks in his life than moments of truth.

HaShem keeps trying to get his attention I think....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל