Author Topic: Saudi cleric 10 yr old girls fine for marriage  (Read 744 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Saudi cleric 10 yr old girls fine for marriage
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:45:18 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479878,00.html 

Senior Saudi Cleric OKs 10-Year-Old Girls for Marriage

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia  —  A pan-Arab newspaper quotes Saudi Arabia's most senior Muslim cleric as saying it is OK for 10-year-old girls to marry.

The London-based Al-Hayat newspaper also quotes Sheik Abdul-Aziz bin Baz, the country's grand mufti, as saying that those who believe women should not marry before the age of 25 are following a "bad path."

His comments during a lecture Monday come as Saudi human rights groups are fighting to put an end to marriages involving the very young. The groups are pressing the government to define the minimum age for marriage.

On Sunday, the government-run National Human Rights Commission condemned marriages of minor girls, saying such marriages are an "inhumane violation.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Saudi cleric 10 yr old girls fine for marriage
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:25:04 PM »
Perfectly fine ...  :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »
SHould I be outraged or happy?

I'm outraged because no young girl should ever go through that.

I'm happy because these are muslim rodfim girls...Should I careless?

Someone explain to me if we really should care?  I care more about Jewish women and children..I care more about Israeli women and children. I care more about righteous women and children.  and not the enemy's women and children.  In paticular and enemy that dances around and gives candy out for every innocent Jew who is killed thanks to their husbands...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »
SHould I be outraged or happy?

I'm outraged because no young girl should ever go through that.

I'm happy because these are muslim rodfim girls...Should I careless?

Someone explain to me if we really should care?  I care more about Jewish women and children..I care more about Israeli women and children. I care more about righteous women and children.  and not the enemy's women and children.

I feel the same.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »
neither.

It's an example of human rights abuses in the arab world.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
neither.

Human rights are an invention by man.

Imo there are civil rights the people of a country have agreed on and of course divine laws.

I give a damn about this madup so called laws.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 05:41:46 PM »
neither.

Imo there are civil rights the people of a country have agreed on and of course divine laws.

The point is that if they want to talk about israel's human rights abuses, then we can remind them about their human rights abuses (which are far worse, blatantly immoral)

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
neither.

The point is that if they want to talk about israel's human rights abuses, then we can remind them about their human rights abuses (which are far worse, blatantly immoral)

Yes this is true. If they take the benchmark, we should measure them with it.  :)

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 08:16:13 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479878,00.html 

Senior Saudi Cleric OKs 10-Year-Old Girls for Marriage

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia  —  A pan-Arab newspaper quotes Saudi Arabia's most senior Muslim cleric as saying it is OK for 10-year-old girls to marry.

The London-based Al-Hayat newspaper also quotes Sheik Abdul-Aziz bin Baz, the country's grand mufti, as saying that those who believe women should not marry before the age of 25 are following a "bad path."

His comments during a lecture Monday come as Saudi human rights groups are fighting to put an end to marriages involving the very young. The groups are pressing the government to define the minimum age for marriage.

On Sunday, the government-run National Human Rights Commission condemned marriages of minor girls, saying such marriages are an "inhumane violation.

Two of them, whenever possible.