Author Topic: How to drive internet traffic to JTF  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
How to drive internet traffic to JTF
« on: January 14, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »
Here are two sites on how to drive more traffic to JTF.  One of these links is a called PAGE RANKER.  What you do is type in an internet address into the box given i.e. JTF.ORG and fill in the verification code given below and hit GENERATE.  What you will see is how the site is ranked from a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest in terms of the amount of web traffic that goes to that site.  JTF ranked 5 out of 10 last time I checked.

http://www.prchecker.info/pagerank-check-button.php

http://blog.serialentrepreneurs.com/2008/12/22/links-can-help-drive-traffic-to-your-web-site.aspx

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: How to drive internet traffic to JTF
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:41:20 PM »
Here are two sites on how to drive more traffic to JTF.  One of these links is a called PAGE RANKER.  What you do is type in an internet address into the box given i.e. JTF.ORG and fill in the verification code given below and hit GENERATE.  What you will see is how the site is ranked from a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest in terms of the amount of web traffic that goes to that site.  JTF ranked 5 out of 10 last time I checked.

http://www.prchecker.info/pagerank-check-button.php

http://blog.serialentrepreneurs.com/2008/12/22/links-can-help-drive-traffic-to-your-web-site.aspx

Page rank does not tell you how much traffic you get. It's like a "quality score" for websites.

If you want to drive more traffic to JTF you need to post links to the site everywhere you go.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:11 PM »
The Page Rank tells you how busy a site is on a scale of 1 to 10.  You want to strategically place them on sites that have a high magnitude of traffic, kind of like placing a billboard on Time Square as opposed to placing one on a dirt road in Pleasantville. 

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
The Page Rank tells you how busy a site is on a scale of 1 to 10.  You want to strategically place them on sites that have a high magnitude of traffic, kind of like placing a billboard on Time Square as opposed to placing one on a dirt road in Pleasantville. 

Yes that's true in a sense. A link from a high Page Rank site will give us a bigger boost than a low page rank link.

But if you want to know how much traffic a site has then you need to use alexa.com.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:39:50 PM by Lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »
The Page Rank tells you how busy a site is on a scale of 1 to 10.  <snip>

Not really, but i'm sure you know that. It's obvious what Google's page rank tells you

It tells you how high in the google search engine, the webpage is ranked. Obviously since google is popular, this gives sites more hits, makes them more "busy".

Your description was wrong because in theory, you can have "busy websites", lots of downloading, or lots of hits, but not on Google.   These wouldn't be ranked at all or would have a pagerank of 0. (That's obvious, you know that, surely).  You may as well be precise.

Your article suggests that google's algorithm looks at the pagerank of the pages that link to your website, and that may have a bearing on the pagerank of your site

"They look at inbound links as a vote of confidence," adds

It "recommends submitting your site to be listed in Web directories like the Open Directory (dmoz.org), GoGuides.org and Skaffe.com. Some directories like DMOZ are free, while others, like Yahoo Directory are fee-based. "
and use of facebook and twitter

I assume you knew that you were wrong, you should not do that knowingly. Even if your inaccuracy is of no practical significance.  It actually did cause lulab to correct you.  So you should get things right in the first place.

No issue with the article or your suggestion.. Just your attempt at an explanation was completely wrong.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
If we want people to take make this bigger, then debate Chaims and our adversaries on YouTube that are sticky at the top of this forum, by "peaceNEVER".
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »

Not really, but i'm sure you know that. It's obvious what Google's page rank tells you

It tells you how high in the google search engine, the webpage is ranked. Obviously since google is popular, this gives sites more hits, makes them more "busy".

Your description was wrong because in theory, you can have "busy websites", lots of downloading, or lots of hits, but not on Google.   These wouldn't be ranked at all or would have a pagerank of 0. (That's obvious, you know that, surely).  You may as well be precise.

Your article suggests that google's algorithm looks at the pagerank of the pages that link to your website, and that may have a bearing on the pagerank of your site

It "recommends submitting your site to be listed in Web directories like the Open Directory (dmoz.org), GoGuides.org and Skaffe.com. Some directories like DMOZ are free, while others, like Yahoo Directory are fee-based. "

I assume you knew that you were wrong, you should not do that knowingly. Even if your inaccuracy is of no practical significance.  It actually did cause lulab to correct you.  So you should get things right in the first place.

No issue with the article or your suggestion.. Just your attempt at an explanation was completely wrong.

Well if I'm wrong obviously I am not saying these things knowing I'm wrong.  I'm also not trying to pass myself off as an expert.  What I did was do some research and share what I found with the forum.   Of course if I'm wrong and/or there is more that needs to be explained, please correct me. 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »

Well if I'm wrong obviously I am not saying these things knowing I'm wrong.  I'm also not trying to pass myself off as an expert.  What I did was do some research and share what I found with the forum.   Of course if I'm wrong and/or there is more that needs to be explained, please correct me. 

I did correct you.. But you have the right idea - that JTF should get linked to from big sites / sites with a good pagerank.

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »

I did correct you.. But you have the right idea - that JTF should get linked to from big sites / sites with a good pagerank.
It sounds like you know more about how this works then me.  You should post, if you haven't already, instructions on how the members can do this.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 12:59:20 AM »
                                                                                                                                                         בס''ד

Thank you minuteman for the excellent thread. You opened a topic that is vitally important to the future of our movement.

If we listen to the great advice of our great members Lubab and Ashedina, our position on the search engines will get a major boost:

1. Live links - This boosts a web site's position on the search engines. Especially if the live links are placed on popular web sites like zootube/youtube. Which is why it is essential for everyone who has videos on zootube to place a live link in the Description section of the video. http://jtf.org is the link for our web site, and http://jtf.org/e is the link for our forum. You can also place these live links on other forums.

2. Responding with comments to the Peace Now videos boosts our position on the search engines. The more comments each video has strengthens that video's position on google. All of the videos on zootube appear in the google search engine and the other search engines like yahoo. When people search on google and yahoo for various terms, they will find these videos if there are numerous comments.

Shlomo is currently studying what can be done to enhance our search engine positions in both English and Hebrew. We should all pray to G-d that He give Shlomo the answers that we are seeking.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »
<snip>
It sounds like you know more about how this works then me.  You should post, if you haven't already, instructions on how the members can do this.

You did some great research. Regarding what to do, it's as you said, to get JTF linked to from major sites.  I don't know more of how to do that than anybody else. Members like Lisa and Masterwolf and I vaguely recall, Pheasant have done a great job in this.

I notice that the yahoo directory, requires a fee to consider it.

We are listed in DMOZ, though negatively

http://search.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/search?search=JTF&all=no&cat=Society/Issues/Race-Ethnic-Religious_Relations/Hate/Hate_Groups/Jewish&utf8=1&locale=en_gb
Jewish Task Force - Arguing in support of Israel's right wing extremist groups, and against Islam. Also expressing contempt for African Americans.
-- http://www.jtf.org   Society: Issues: Race-Ethnic-Religious Relations: Hate: Hate Groups: Jewish