Author Topic: A local businessman offered me to do this kind of business  (Read 925 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
A local businessman offered me to do this kind of business
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
Because of my English knowledge (thanks JTF) he says I could sell for him different commodities, like oil, diesel, currencies etc.

If I understood it rightly, he explained me, that there is a "provider", who wants to sell this commodities.

Now he has to find a customer.

First he looks now for an agent. If I understood correctly this businessman is an agent of this agent.

This means, that I would be the agent of the agent of the agent.  :o

He said if a contact I would find would bring a contract I would get paid a provision.

But I have some serious questions about this business.

Why did the provider didn't bring his commodities to a normal stock/commodity exchange?

Why did the "master" agent didn't employ i.e. ten people, that work regulary for him?

I asked him this questions too, but he said only, that this is not possible.

Althrough I know the guy personally I think here is something fishy.

Do you can give me an advise and explain this whole business modell to me?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:53:59 AM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: A local businessman offred me to do this kind of buisiness
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:57:54 AM »
Because of my English knowledge (thanks JTF) he says I could sell for him different commodities, like oil, diesel, currencies etc.

If I understood it rightly, he explained me, that there is a "provider", who wants to sell this commodities.

Now he has to find a customer.

First he looks now for an agent. If I understood correctly this businessman is an agent of this agent.

This means, that I would be the agent of the agent of the agent.  :o

He said if a contact I would find would bring a contract I would get paid a provision.

But I have some serious questions about this business.

Why did the provider didn't bring his commodities to a normal stock/commodity exchange?

Why did the "master" agent didn't employ i.e. ten people, that work regulary for him?

I asked him this questions too, but he said only, that this is not possible.

Althrough I know the guy personally I think here is something fishy.

Do you can give me an advise and explain this whole business modell to me?
Fishy is not the word. Sounds like they are looking for a patsy (fall guy). Someone who will be left holding the bag after the big guys (money  people) make their money and are long gone. You say you know the guy that approached you?  Anyway be careful I would not get to deep into anything like this. At the most you could end up behind bars or least have people looking to you for restitution when they pay for something they don't get.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: A local businessman offered me to do this kind of business
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:01:38 AM »
Business i know nothing about
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
Business i know nothing about
Your New York street smarts has to raise a red flag with that scam mord. Its really hard to totally know but when agents are looking for agents its a red flag for me.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »
CJD, it is the brother of a customer of me. He said he made this kind of business since years.

But you are right, the business modell makes in first place really no sense, althrough you are not allowed to bring your commodities to the regular commodity exchanges.

It really could be, that the "provider" will not ship after receiving the payment or the "commodities" are stolen.

I think I remember that he says that the "provider" is in Russia.

It is not the best to be the last man in this line of so called "agents".

So far, I won't do it.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 11:58:10 AM »
CJD, it is the brother of a customer of me. He said he made this kind of business since years.

But you are right, the business modell makes in first place really no sense, althrough you are not allowed to bring your commodities to the regular commodity exchanges.

It really could be, that the "provider" will not ship after receiving the payment or the "commodities" are stolen.

I think I remember that he says that the "provider" is in Russia.

It is not the best to be the last man in this line of so called "agents".

So far, I won't do it.
The second to last sentence in your post above says it all. The fact that the provider is in Russia only makes me more uneasy. It could be completely on the level however something tells me its not.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 12:43:55 PM »
Please take great care not to get too deep without full details. Try calling the Better business Bureau or the state attorney and see if there is a record on this person.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 03:07:30 PM »
Russian business is a question mark. It should be ensured that the commodities have been acquired legally and shall be sold legally.

You should not collect any advance payment. Rather preferably the delivery should be made along with the payment. Here your investment anywhere at any time should not be more than what you can not afford to lose at that time.

In such cases, the Big Boss is certainly a winner and the fate of the chain below depends upon the individual work and luck combined together. Risks are certainly involved but shrewd persons may mostly succeed in such types of ventures.

BTW I have never done any personnel business in my life, but have seen a lot and that too in different manners.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »
Thank you all for your advise.  :)