Author Topic: Muslim cashiers at a Target refuse to scan pork products  (Read 2098 times)

Offline azrom

• Senior JTFer
Muslim cashiers at a Target refuse to scan pork products
« on: March 14, 2007, 01:58:08 PM »
How would you feel if a cashier made you swipe your own groceries because of his/her religious beliefs?

If you have an opinion on the matter, feel free to call me at (612) 673-4308.

I’m a reporter who covers Target for the Star Tribune and the other day, I got a call from someone who said that an employee at the Target store downtown refused to run his bacon through a scanning machine. He was mighty upset, arguing that the cashier had “no right to work as a cashier at Target” if she wasn’t prepared to swipe his groceries.

But he was a little vague on the details, so I decided to check it out myself. At the Target store on E. Lake Street, a cashier wearing a hijab looked uncomfortable when I showed up at the cash register with a frozen pepperoni pizza. She immediately called for help, and another employee rang up the pizza and placed it in the basket.

I asked her if it was because she was Muslim, and she nodded her head. “I can’t even touch it,” she said.

{snip}

http://inverted-world.com/index.php/news/news/some_muslim_workers_at_target_refuse_to_handle_pork/
"Negroes are a form of animal and it is against the will of God and nature to mate with such creatures. It is specifically forbidden in the Holy Bible. The Negro is still in the ape stage, actually a higher form of gorilla. They are retarded, 200,000 years behind the white race. They suffer from sickle-cell trait, a hereditary racial characteristic of negroes, and is found in no other race - Negroes have diseased blood". - Prof. Charles Carroll

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Muslim cashiers at a Target refuse to scan pork products
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 06:18:42 PM »
Thats not true! There is no where to say, you cannot touch it. Pigs are still Gods creation, we just can't eat them because they are dirty and have proven to cause many diseases. I hate these people who try to make an issue out of everything. They want welfare, yet bite the hand that gives it to them. Next they'll be saying they cant work in the shop that sells pork but they HAVE to be payed because its not fair.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 06:25:01 PM »
Also, the bacon is either in a box or wrapped in plastic, so it's not like they're directly touching it. 

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 06:38:39 PM »
They'll say that its been exposed to "bacon germs" or that the plastic is made from pigs fat. They make up loads of rumours about all the sweets containing animal fat and recently polos had to write "halal" on their sweet wrappers, to shut them up.