Author Topic: House Considers Repealing 22nd Amendment  (Read 851 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
House Considers Repealing 22nd Amendment
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »
Earlier this month, Rep. Jose Serrano, D-N.Y. introduced H. J. Res. 5, a bill that would repeal the Constitution’s 22nd Amendment prohibiting a president from being elected to more than two terms in office, thus potentially paving the way to make Barack Obama president for life.

congress website:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.J.Res.5:

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual... (Introduced in House)

HJ 5 IH

111th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 5
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 6, 2009
Mr. SERRANO introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOINT RESOLUTION
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

`Article--

`The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.'.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Re: House Considers Repealing 22nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:15:54 PM »
They should limit the presidency to one, 6 year term. 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »
THis is sick.  Putin just passed a similiar law... and we know what his intentions are.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »
Back at dear Indonesia, Sukarno was the President for life.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »
This is one of the very few issues on which I disagree with Chaim. I am much more pessimistic about the U.S.'s future than he is. I do fear very much that we are witnessing the end of democracy and the beginning of Stalin-like gulag society, while Chaim seems to believe that democracy will go on. I do hope that I am wrong and he is right. He usually is, which gives me hope.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 02:35:19 AM »
Then we really will be just like Zimbabwe with our own Mugabe!  By the way, they're just about to issue their $100 Trillion Zimbabwe dollar bill.  I wonder how long it will be before we're close to that?

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 02:41:01 AM »
I think the brainwashed would have elected Obama "President for Life" if they could have.  My country has gone insane.