Author Topic: Should one be afraid to show his face on YouTube?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Should one be afraid to show his face on YouTube?
« on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:28 AM »
I have often been reticent to do so.

But then again, Chaim shows his face. So maybe we should not be afraid either.

Please give me your thoughts.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Should one be afraid to show his face on YouTube?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
It's a bigger picture..Chaim is a lifetime activist...he should put up his picture.  Others aren't or it's simply not in their best interest to show their face for other reasons.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:58:38 AM »
It's a bigger picture..Chaim is a lifetime activist...he should put up his picture.  Others aren't or it's simply not in their best interest to show their face for other reasons.

Yes the bolschewists will make you suffer in business or at your working place. In addition to this Nazis and Muslims could, althrough the chance is only small, going after you.

It is a very difficult decision and I didn't know if I would have the guts to accept all difficulties that would come after it.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:30:40 AM »

Yes the bolschewists will make you suffer in business or at your working place. In addition to this Nazis and Muslims could, althrough the chance is only small, going after you.

It is a very difficult decision and I didn't know if I would have the guts to accept all difficulties that would come after it.

I'm more worried about the bolsheviks than the Arab Muslim Nazis. I live in Judea surrounded on all sides by Arab villages. They can come and kill me anytime they like anyway.

But if we are all afraid to show our faces, isn't that like throwing in the towel and surrendering to Islam?

I mean the Muslims are unafraid to show their faces on YouTube. If we are afraid, doesn't that show our fear and doesn't that mean that we will definitely lose?
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »

I'm more worried about the bolsheviks than the Arab Muslim Nazis. I live in Judea surrounded on all sides by Arab villages. They can come and kill me anytime they like anyway.

But if we are all afraid to show our faces, isn't that like throwing in the towel and surrendering to Islam?

I mean the Muslims are unafraid to show their faces on YouTube. If we are afraid, doesn't that show our fear and doesn't that mean that we will definitely lose?

Good points. Chaim is making a big sacrifice. But not all of us are ready to do it.

I think everybody should do it, like he is ready for and can account for.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:32:37 AM »
I could understand if someone didn't show their face.  But a video has more impact if you do.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:00:42 AM »
Get a gun!

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
I don't think it's necessary to show your face on youtube.

Then why do I show my face? Because I am the main spokesman, and the main spokesman has to show his face. But other spokespeople in the movement can do programs that only have audio.

Why are Muslim Nazis not afraid to show their ugly faces? We already know the answer to that question. In this evil generation, nothing is going to happen to Muslim Nazis who preach genocide and terrorism on zootube.

Why are self-hating leftists not afraid to show their ugly faces? Same reason as the Muslim Nazis.

But righteous Jews and righteous Gentiles who tell the truth can lose their jobs. Because the economy is controlled by evil people.

So there is nothing wrong with making voice-only videos. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to get fired or blacklisted simply because you are exposing a "politically incorrect" truth.

And in Israel, you can even face harassment from the Bolshevik government for telling the truth.

Eventually, when we become a powerful mass movement someday, G-d willing, all of this will change.

But right now, more and more members are doing excellent videos publicizing us. This is a very positive trend. Those who do voice-only videos should be proud of what they are doing. Because it takes guts to do voice-only videos as well.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 12:18:01 PM »
It's better no to show one's face because enemies may identify you, or even copy you photo and use it. However I have my pictures and address in the pro-Falkland video.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »

Keep anything personally identifiable secret, your name especially, with your full name the littlest effort searching could reveal your home address, phone number place of work, etc, if you want two way communication, a throw-away email address with no connection to your identity is also a good idea (don't enter your real name when setting up that account, should go without saying).

Now with your address and name secure, I don't know how bad it is to show your face on a video, it's not like people will see the video, then head out into the world looking to pick you out of a crowd, I doubt they could.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »
You have to careful because as Chaim said so well, we live in a society where what Muslims and leftists say is encouraged by modern day society.  When you say something that's dangerous to the establishment and point out something about Obama, blacks, Muslims, etc. that really bothers them, they will often take action against you.  Look what happend with California's prop 8 where gays discovered some guy involved in the theater gave money to the propostion.  He had to give more money to the gay groups when he was uncovered and eventually resigned.  It was total extortion and you can be sure that they will never be prosecuted for this.  There was some famous Mexican restaurant where one of the old waitresses was found to have donated money to Prop 8. She cared for some gay coworkers when they were sick and helped some who had AIDS but was against gay marriage.  The gays found out about her from some list and they yelled at her until she quit and left the restaurant crying.  The restaurant got scared about a gay boycott and donated $10000 to gay causes to make the controversy go away. 

If you're financially independent or work in an industry where they don't care, like construction, then don't worry about it.  People like Muman or myself, who work in places like San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Portland, Atlanta or Boulder have to be extremely careful.  I have to be extra careful as I have bosses who are gay, Muslim and diversity obsessed people.  If they saw a JTF video of mine I'd probably be fired very quickly. Even if you own a business, especially a restaurant or bar in a liberal area, you have to ve very, very careful.  They can and will ruin you if possible. 

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 01:58:15 PM »
I think some people have done videos where you can use images and write messages on the screen.  I wish I knew how to do this though, I have ideas but I don't even know hat software to buy to do this. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 02:04:01 PM »

It takes effort to become a murderer ( I woudl assume)...it is very highly unlikely anyone will bother to come and kill a person for having an opinion...unless you were a highly decorated leader of a country, I would doubt that could happen.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »
I think that just showing the web address for JTF adds more to the debate than showing my face. I know that for myself, when someone is on screen, often I might miss a web address because I am focused on them. I would rather have the address in printed than me.

Also, some people might have some type of disability that might make them feel unsafe by exposing their identity due to being less able to defend themselves. (the thought has crossed my mind from time to time, although I am sure that nobody has me in mind, I do understand the concern.)
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »
<snip>

We are not going to lose to bolsheviks for showing fear. (and it doesn't show fear that much to do a video without showing your face.. maybe you have a mic and no webcam. Or face is not relevant to the message anyway)

The israeli govt don't attack people that are scared.  The israeli govt doesn't think like the arab world

They will be beaten by the growing number of charedim.. and please G-d as you described.. be dragged out of the supreme court in handcuffs!!

These charedim will then run the country and be more "religious zionist" than the charedim themselves hoped for.

With the absense of reform, maybe charedi dropouts will become religious zionists.  There must be many charedi dropouts!

Netanyahu cut welfare.. that hurt charedim and arabs.. But the charedim are still having 8 or 9 children..,  and you'd know, but apparently the arabs have dropped way down around the israeli average - prob 2 point something.

We can take a page from the muslims.. When strong, don't ask for peace! religious jews are getting stronger naturally , from babies, and there isn't much the israeli govt can do about it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:01:16 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 01:33:07 AM »
I think some people have done videos where you can use images and write messages on the screen.  I wish I knew how to do this though, I have ideas but I don't even know hat software to buy to do this. 

If you are using windows you can use windows movie maker. With that it allows you to take any picture and put it on the screen and its a free program.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 06:22:26 AM »

If you are using windows you can use windows movie maker. With that it allows you to take any picture and put it on the screen and its a free program.

Really?  So I just go to Microsoft.com and download it??

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »
I like to use PowerPoint and then convert the PowerPoint to video using another program.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »
Thanks.  I know how to use Powerpoint at least.  What program would I need to look for to convert it to video?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 02:26:20 PM »
I show my face but my camera has the option to show a black screen while still giving audio I do it out of choice. It's up to you.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh