Author Topic: What's The Big Deal About The Super Bowl?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
What's The Big Deal About The Super Bowl?
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »
Seriously, who cares? 

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Re: What's The Big Deal About The Super Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:07:34 PM »
"Who cares"? Corporations doing commercials and supermarkets selling food, also bookies. They make and spend a fortune today.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:09:50 PM »
All we need are more Americans eating more Doritos and fried cheese.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:09 PM »
(As I see it), It's all about people needing diversion from their real problems.  It's a salve for their misery.  This isn't to say that I think this is even a problem.  That is, I think it's good thing that people can compartmentalize their lives in this way.  People have much too much weight on their minds these days. so being able to focus on some game can possibly bring a few hours of relief. 

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
Since Obamanation has happened, I have no desire to have any enjoyment at all and am having a hard time of it.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:14:39 PM »
The money for the commercials is such a waste!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »
I've never understood football, or the fascination men have with that sport. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 10:05:18 PM »
In Texas, football is more like a religion. I don't understand it either. It's kind of silly. They run one way, then they run the other way. People cheer.  I don't like sports in general though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »
Come on...

Who doesn't love sitting around drinking beer while watching a bunch of men bending over and passing balls between each other. It is every mans greatest dream...

But really... I used to celebrate it because before the leagues expanded the Superbowl always was held on the weekend of my birthday and I used to believe everyone was partying because of my special day. Now it is held on the weekend of my brothers birthday and it always reminds me of his absence.

Back in the old days when the sport was filled with real athletic talent I used to like football a little.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 10:32:32 PM »
Since Obamanation has happened, I have no desire to have any enjoyment at all and am having a hard time of it.

arksis, thats b/c YOU ARE NORMAL.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 10:39:24 PM »
btw guys, the Pittsburgh Steelers WON!  >:(

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
  It was sickening to see NBC ( I realize that they are a leftist news outlet )  have an interview with Barack Hussein Obama on their Super Bowl pre-game show.     And when interviewed after the game,  right away  Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney mentioned Obama.     Rooney campaigned with and for Obama.   Below is one of many of Rooney's efforts for Obama.      To say the least,   I lost the respect for Rooney that I once had.   

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »
I was for the Cards but I am not a football fan whatsover. It's only hockey for me. GO DUCKS

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 12:22:01 AM »
Fascination with sports goes back as far as civilization itself.  The superbowl is grandiose, big business, big names, lots of fireworks.  I find it to be a fascinating cultural phenomenon.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 12:25:34 AM »
I couldn't tell you Ranter, I was watching Ghost Hunters.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 12:53:51 AM »
i've never been big into football, even in highschool, the jocks used it as an excuse to bully other kids because we were forced to play it. I was always naturally big so I wasn't picked last, but some of the nerds got it pretty bad, no one wanted them on their team and would get tackled in "smeer the queer". I felt quite bad for them really. I like sports, just not really big into football.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 11:37:20 PM »
Muman, so sorry that now the Superbowl reminds you of such a sad time. I love football, but just didn't have the heart for it this year.

Thank you AsheDina, you have already made me feel better!

eb22, all the more reason I'm glad I didn't watch! I didn't even watch halftime, if anything at all.

CF I love hockey too! Go Wings! LOL
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 11:40:54 PM »
Muman, so sorry that now the Superbowl reminds you of such a sad time. I love football, but just didn't have the heart for it this year.

Thank you AsheDina, you have already made me feel better!

eb22, all the more reason I'm glad I didn't watch! I didn't even watch halftime, if anything at all.

CF I love hockey too! Go Wings! LOL

Thank you very much... Tomorrow would have been my brothers 41st B-day... It is tough and I will call my mother tomorrow. He was a victim on 9/11 because he worked in the 1st tower of the WTC. It is because of his fate which caused me to fight against Islam.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »
It happens on my b-day weekend lol. I'm not really a football fan, but I love sports.... to each his own.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »
It happens on my b-day weekend lol. I'm not really a football fan, but I love sports.... to each his own.

Indeed.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
Mo2388, Happy (belated) Birthday!

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 12:59:44 PM »
Seriously, who cares? 

Hi Ranter, Sports are a big deal because men need diversions from their everyday life.
Women go shopping or keep busy with different activities and men are not much different,
they too need a break from the stress of providing for their families so they watch football
and other sports to keep their minds stress free...a few hours break from daily worries
can be beneficial for relaxing.
That is my take on it anyway.

Shalom - Dox

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 02:47:30 PM »
The what?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774