Author Topic: Space Age Iran  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
Space Age Iran
« on: February 03, 2009, 06:02:10 PM »
Here is why the need to combat Iran's Nuclear Progam is so Urgent -

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran Tuesday successfully launched its first satellite into orbit, a step hailed by Iran's president as a "source of pride" for the Islamic republic, according to state-run news outlets.

Reported satellite launch took place on the 30th anniversary of the Islamic revolution in Iran.

U.S. Department of Defense officials confirmed the launch, and the State Department expressed "grave concern."

"Developing a space launch vehicle that could ... put a satellite into orbit could possibly lead to development of a ballistic missile system," State Department acting spokesman Robert Wood told reporters. "So that's of grave concern to us."

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is expected to discuss Iran in meetings Tuesday with British Foreign Secretary David Miliband and German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier.

On Wednesday officials from the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China will meet in Germany to discuss next steps on Iran. Wood said that Undersecretary William Burns, who is representing the United States, will seek input and discuss some ideas the Obama administration has about how to move forward.  Watch Iran launch its first satellite »

Two U.S. officials confirmed that Iran had launched a low-earth orbit satellite, CNN Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr said.

There were no indications of any weapons activity on the two-stage rocket, although the rocket is capable of launching long-range weapons, the officials said.

"I wouldn't think of this in terms of highly advanced technology," one U.S. official said. But it does suggest Iran's two-stage rockets are increasingly reliable.

The Pentagon said Tuesday the launch is "clearly a concern of ours."

"Although this appears to be satellite, there are dual-use capabilities that could be applied to missiles, and that's a concern to us and everybody in region," Department of Defense spokesman Geoff Morrell said.

The launch of the satellite Omid -- which means "Hope" in Farsi -- was timed to coincide with the 30th anniversary celebrations of the Islamic revolution in Iran, according to Iranian media reports.

Iran said the satellite had already completed its first mission -- to transmit a message from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who spoke at the launching ceremony Monday night.

In his message, Ahmadinejad congratulated the nation and said the successful launch improves Iran's status in the world, the Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

He stressed that both the satellite and the Safir rocket used to launch it were made entirely by Iranian technicians.

Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar said that despite the small size of the Omid satellite, it will open the way for an Iranian space program. He said Tehran plans to launch another satellite in the future.

In August, Iran performed a test of a rocket capable of launching a satellite into orbit. Iranian officials declared that mission a success, but U.S. officials disputed that.

Senior U.S. officials had expressed concerned about the test of the rocket, saying Iran could use the rocket to deliver warheads.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
Re: Space Age Iran
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:26:39 PM »
  Did you see how they praised their A.....h???? That was shocking!!!!!!!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:56:49 PM »
Wouldnt it be great if we could remove this piece of drek from orbit and examine it to see what kind of technology it contains. I would think that with the space station and recent advances in orbital reconnaissance we just may be able to do this. I can imagine the little monkey jumping around because we messed with his space balls.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:29:19 PM »
Wouldnt it be great if we could remove this piece of drek from orbit and examine it to see what kind of technology it contains. I would think that with the space station and recent advances in orbital reconnaissance we just may be able to do this. I can imagine the little monkey jumping around because we messed with his space balls.

Unfortunately, the space station is in far too low an orbit and is not equipted to capture satellites. The Space Shuttle is only capable of low orbit as well around 240 miles max.

Most satellites are in a much higher orbit. For example communications satellites orbit at around 22,000 miles. I don't know the exact orbital pathway of this Iran launch, but I would assume that it is too high for capture.

However High res pictures of it as well as other scans might be very useful.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »

Unfortunately, the space station is in far too low an orbit and is not equipted to capture satellites. The Space Shuttle is only capable of low orbit as well around 240 miles max.

Most satellites are in a much higher orbit. For example communications satellites orbit at around 22,000 miles. I don't know the exact orbital pathway of this Iran launch, but I would assume that it is too high for capture.

Possibly it could be used to test our laser-bullet...

http://www.questia.com/library/book/airborne-laser-bullet-of-light-by-robert-w-duffner.jsp
http://cndyorks.gn.apc.org/yspace/articles/laser20.htm

Back in 1984 we retrieved a satellite from orbit:

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/04/dayintech_0411

1984: Shuttle astronauts retrieve the malfunctioning Solar Max astronomy satellite, fix it and send it back into orbit. It's the first time a satellite has been repaired in space.

The Solar Maximum Mission had been launched Feb. 14, 1980. But it was having trouble with its attitude-control system (like some people we know), and the electronics in the coronagraph instrument were wonky.

Space shuttle Challenger launched from Cape Canaveral, Fla., on on April 6. Five days later, astronauts George Nelson and James van Hoften used the Remote Manipulator System robot arm to retrieve the buggy satellite from orbit and place it on a workbench in the aft end of the Challenger's open cargo bay.

There, they replaced Solar Max' altitude control and main electronics box, then redeployed the Solar Max to orbit. The refurbished satellite continued to observe the solar-activity cycle for another five years, before it re-entered the Earth's atmosphere and went down in flames Dec. 2, 1989.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:58:44 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:14:15 PM »

Possibly it could be used to test our laser-bullet...

http://www.questia.com/library/book/airborne-laser-bullet-of-light-by-robert-w-duffner.jsp
http://cndyorks.gn.apc.org/yspace/articles/laser20.htm

Back in 1984 we retrieved a satellite from orbit:

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/04/dayintech_0411

1984: Shuttle astronauts retrieve the malfunctioning Solar Max astronomy satellite, fix it and send it back into orbit. It's the first time a satellite has been repaired in space.

The Solar Maximum Mission had been launched Feb. 14, 1980. But it was having trouble with its attitude-control system (like some people we know), and the electronics in the coronagraph instrument were wonky.

Space shuttle Challenger launched from Cape Canaveral, Fla., on on April 6. Five days later, astronauts George Nelson and James van Hoften used the Remote Manipulator System robot arm to retrieve the buggy satellite from orbit and place it on a workbench in the aft end of the Challenger's open cargo bay.

There, they replaced Solar Max' altitude control and main electronics box, then redeployed the Solar Max to orbit. The refurbished satellite continued to observe the solar-activity cycle for another five years, before it re-entered the Earth's atmosphere and went down in flames Dec. 2, 1989.

There are some launchs that are put into a low orbit so they can be upgraded, this is true. I should have included that in my post. Also it does seem that from what I have read online, the Iran launch is in a low orbit. So it might be done.

Now you have me curious...ill have to see what the specs look like in the next few weeks,

The Doctor

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 11:18:07 PM »

_______.___________.   ___     .______       ____    __    ____ ___     .______          _______.
    /       |           |  /   \    |   _  \      \   \  /  \  /   //   \    |   _  \        /       |
   |   (----`---|  |----` /  ^  \   |  |_)  |      \   \/    \/   //  ^  \   |  |_)  |      |   (----`
    \   \       |  |     /  /_\  \  |      /        \            //  /_\  \  |      /        \   \   
.----)   |      |  |    /  _____  \ |  |\  \----     \    /\    //  _____  \ |  |\  \----.----)   |   
|_______/       |__|   /__/     \__\| _| `._____      \__/  \__//__/     \__\| _| `._____|_______/   

:dance:

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 11:48:19 PM »
  Did you see how they praised their A.....h???? That was shocking!!!!!!!

Hi Jasmina, the Moslems scream allah's name out loud while they cruelly behead people.
When a Moslem homocide bomber is about to kill hundreds of people, he shouts out allahs name.
Jasmina, these barbaric people are not made right...it is horrifying.

Shalom - Dox

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 06:41:29 AM »
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is portrayed as a nut-case, and he probably is.  There were some on the left who were brimming with HOPE that there would be CHANGE in Iran.  In reality, this launch is only the latest in a string of successes for Iran and Ahmadinejad since November.

Apparently, not everybody is buying into the Mulatto Messiah.  Let's pray that the cost of naivete is not too high.