Author Topic: Is Obama Using Hypnosis Techniques in Speeches?  (Read 691 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Is Obama Using Hypnosis Techniques in Speeches?
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
Judging by the vacant/mesmerized look in the faces of obamabots, it would not surprise me.

Originally posted by: livingonplanetZ
www.youtube.com/livingonplantZ
------------------------------------

"Is Barack Obama a brilliant orator, captivating millions through his eloquence? Or is he deliberately using the techniques of neurolinguistic programming (NLP), a covert form of hypnosis developed by Milton Erickson, M.D.?

A fundamental tool of "conversational hypnosis" is pacing and leading - a way for the hypnotist to bypass the listeners critical faculty by associating repeated statements that are unquestionably accurate with the message he wants to convey.
In his Denver acceptance speech, Obama used the phrases "thats why I stand here tonight," "now is the time," and "this moment" 14 times. Paces are connected to the lead by words such as "and," "as," "because," or "that is why." For example, "we need change" (who could disagree?)"and that is why I will be your next President."

Techniques of trance induction include extra slow speech, rhythm, tonalities, vagueness, visual imagery, metaphor, and raising of emotion. Hypnotists often have patients count. In a speech after the primaries closed, Obama said: "Sixteen months have passed (paused) "Thousands" (pause) "of miles" (pause) "Millions of voices".

Hypnotists call this a distraction technique: sending the dominant hemisphere on an assignment involving linguistic processes, thus opening the nondominant hemisphere to suggestion."
aka Someone Else

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: Is Obama Using Hypnosis Techniques in Speeches?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:46 PM »
Their faces are vacant because he says uh uh uh uh all the time and are waiting for him to SAY something! Still makes me sick to see his face on TV!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:48:48 PM »
Their faces are vacant because he says uh uh uh uh all the time and are waiting for him to SAY something! Still makes me sick to see his face on TV!
:::D
aka Someone Else

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:27:56 AM »

Same here but I want to see him do a speech where there is no teleprompter

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 01:35:13 AM »
The thing about hypnosis is that it only works on people who are willing to be hypnotized.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:41:01 AM »
The thing about hypnosis is that it only works on people who are willing to be hypnotized.

Of cause you are right, but on the other hand this issue remembers me at another person whom people today also accuse that he hypnotized the masses.

:o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 05:50:28 AM »

Maybe that's why I seem unable to see what the allure of the guy is.

Every day I feel like screaming: "THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES!!!"
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 06:04:38 AM »
Also, I do not know a thing about hypnosis, but I am aware of hypnotic-like mesmerized emotion-based irrational evil lulling to support an ideology/movement/cause.  (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Che, etc)

Does hypnosis require visual as well as audio?

For example: conservative talk radio apparently is successful, while liberal talk radio is not.

Is this because when one is listening to words, unaccompanied by moving graphics, symbols, photos of dead bloody children, etc, one is less likely to be sucked into propaganda?
If this is the case, liberal talk radio would be very unpersuasive, not to mentioned unappealing to the type of people who prefer to have their heart strings tugged at as opposed to their rational minds being exercised.

Or

Is it because television is so saturated with left-wing propaganda that conservatives rally around their radio shows to hear what they want to hear.  That is, with the monopoly that liberals have of TV driving away conservatives, the conservative audience turns to radio and makes up a high percentage of political radio listeners.
aka Someone Else

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 08:39:58 AM »
He sounds like an ape on drugs.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:17:53 AM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03