Author Topic: Israel's Election, Netanyahu or Lieberman?  (Read 1432 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Israel's Election, Netanyahu or Lieberman?
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:52:33 PM »

From what I'm hearing, I want Lieberman to win. What's your take on the candidates.

Israeli populist's hardline message draws voters

ASHKELON, Israel (Reuters) - Avigdor Lieberman does not appeal to the finer instincts of Israeli voters.

The right-wing party leader seems to be gaining support for Tuesday's election by campaigning on populist anxieties, such as the enemy within and how to expose him by challenging his loyalty.

He wants Israel's 20-percent Arab minority to prove they love the country, or leave it. He would re-divide Israel and the West Bank so some Arab towns would pass to the jurisdiction of a future Palestinian state, while Israel "annexes Jewish areas."

"Israel is under combined terror attack, from within and without the country," Lieberman says. "The internal terror threat is more dangerous than the external and we should understand that and react correspondingly."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKTRE5170SV20090208
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Israel's Election, Netanyahu or Lieberman?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
I agree with Avigdor Lieberman, the Arabs must prove they love Israel, or leave.  The leaders have to take a hard line here.   NO Appeasement for the sake of Israels people, and right to exist.   

There may be those within the Israeli borders who will initiate new plots to go against the government, if they are not identified.   Tough leadership is needed in Israel and in America.  Israel has a change to get the edge, unfortunately America's chances are not as good.   We made a big mistake in the last election, and we are seeing some of the outcomes, henceforth.

I will pray that Israel gets the right leaders!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 03:03:20 PM »
I wish it was Chaim Ben Pesach on this list and forget the phonies
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »
I wish it was Chaim Ben Pesach on this list and forget the phonies

I AGREE. WTH is the matter with Israel that they DONT want a STRONG LEADER RIGHT NOW- ARE THEY insane?!?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »
I would take Lieberman over Netanyahu simply because Lieberman is not an elitist, wealthy guy like Netanyahu. Of course, the real solution is to have Chaim ben Peach running as well. I hope Chaim gets into Israel and is Israels next prime minister.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »
Avigdor Lieberman is a huge fraud. It has already been explained in other threads on this forum.

He has some populists suggestions that really have nothing in them. What if an Arab agree to swear allegiance to the state, will that turn him into a loyal citizen ? The Islamonazi Kneset members  are swearing it already that doesn't stops them. And the same go to demanding national service from Arabs- what will that achieve- Arabs will receive yet more funding from the government like free land, free housing (things they take anyway).

Lieberman also wants to give up about 95% of Yesha to the quranimals. As for the rest- he wants to make a land swap, they get some Arab occupied lands from pre-1967 Istrael and we get to keep a few settlements. He claims that should solve our demographic problem but this is nonsense- First- the Arabs that he wants to give away with the land will keep their citizenship and migrate inside the shrinking borders he offers. Second- His offer only applies to about 200,000 Arabs, what about the >=1,100,000 other Arab citizens ? I guess they are going to be good model citizens who swear loyalty and serve the country...

A third aspect is that the borders that such a retreat would create means the Arabs can freely snipe at passing vehicles in Israel's most important transportation lines, they could fire mortars at Jerusalem, as well as many other parts of Israel central districts, all that from the comfort of their homes.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »
Avigdor Lieberman is a huge fraud. It has already been explained in other threads on this forum.

He has some populists suggestions that really have nothing in them. What if an Arab agree to swear allegiance to the state, will that turn him into a loyal citizen ? The Islamonazi Kneset members  are swearing it already that doesn't stops them. And the same go to demanding national service from Arabs- what will that achieve- Arabs will receive yet more funding from the government like free land, free housing (things they take anyway).

Lieberman also wants to give up about 95% of Yesha to the quranimals. As for the rest- he wants to make a land swap, they get some Arab occupied lands from pre-1967 Istrael and we get to keep a few settlements. He claims that should solve our demographic problem but this is nonsense- First- the Arabs that he wants to give away with the land will keep their citizenship and migrate inside the shrinking borders he offers. Second- His offer only applies to about 200,000 Arabs, what about the >=1,100,000 other Arab citizens ? I guess they are going to be good model citizens who swear loyalty and serve the country...

A third aspect is that the borders that such a retreat would create means the Arabs can freely snipe at passing vehicles in Israel's most important transportation lines, they could fire mortars at Jerusalem, as well as many other parts of Israel central districts, all that from the comfort of their homes.

So you're for Netanyahu?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 03:44:12 PM »
No he is as bad as Lieberman. I will vote for the National Union.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »

I agree with you 100% but are you sure Netanyahu is better?
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »
Netanyahu is 'better' in the sense that Lieberman is completely corrupt, a bribe taker, a bigger demagogue and a bigger liar. Neither of them should get a vote. As I said, I vote for the National Union.

Netanyahu is actually a good economic leader. Of course it doesn't justify traitorous policies.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 04:14:35 PM »
Lieberman proposes a bad soultion to the Arab problem.
Netanyahu suggests not to do anything.

Better not to do anything than to spoil. Therefore, Netanyahu is better.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 04:25:26 PM »

I just Wikipedia'ed the National Union, they sound good.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 06:42:50 PM »
I don't believe there is a great difference between Bibi and Lieberman.   Both are frauds and believe in two-state solutions.   But Bibi has said that only with the right  "partner" can that be done.  Maybe he won't surrender to Abbas since hamas has the public support and will overtake him if he is dealt with as anyone can see clearly.  Lieberman might commit regardless.     Both are more rightwing than Kadima and Labor.   Bibi has promised to keep the Golan.   I don't trust his promises, but nonetheless that is a huge move.   There is a chance he could fulfill that promise.   I haven't seen Lieberman promise anything along those lines.   And with Kadima and Labor, they basically promise to give it away.   So you're left with a choice between guaranteed giveaway to the terrorist enemies, or a liar who promises not to give it away and may or may not end up doing so.   I'll take my chances with Likud, given the choices.

At the end of the day, each additional vote for Lieberman by a rightwing person choosing between he and Bibi is only strengthening Kadima and one step closer towards landing Likud in the opposition of a Kadima led govt that might actually include Lieberman in coalition.   That would be a disaster.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 12:11:13 AM »
IMO the Kadima party led by Tzipi Livini must be stopped.  Kadima would give up the Golan heights, Judea, Samaria and East Jerusalem to the muslims. 

Chaim is the ideal candidate but unfortunately we do not have that opportunity.  As long as Kadima loses it would be "okay" for Israel for this time and season.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 04:05:05 AM »
For an Arab to swear allegiance to Israel would be like Roseanne Barr swearing allegiance to dieting.