Author Topic: Moslem cabinet member refuses to sing Hatikvah  (Read 4409 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Moslem cabinet member refuses to sing Hatikvah
« on: March 18, 2007, 06:54:53 AM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3377681,00.html

Majadele refuses to sing national anthem

Rightist MKs slam Israel's first Arab minister, who said in newspaper interview he would not sing anthem, because song was written 'only for Jews'

Amnon Meranda Published:  03.17.07, 23:37 / Israel News 

Rightist Knesset members strongly criticized Minister Raleb Majadele Saturday, after he said in an interview to Yedioth Ahronoth this weekend that he refuses to sing Israel's national anthem, Hatikva.

In the interview, Majadele said, "Of course I would not sing the anthem in its current form. But before we talk about symbols, I want 
to talk about equal education for my children. It's more important that my son would be able to buy a house, live with dignity… the Arabs are not in a mood to sing right now."

Majadele told Ynet following interview that, "As a government minister, I swore allegiance to the laws of the State of Israel, and I intend to honor them." Majadele noted that he expresses his respect to the national anthem by standing up whenever the song is being sung.

"To the best of my knowledge, the law does not require me to sing the anthem, but to honor it. I fail to understand how an enlightened, sane Jew allows himself to ask a Muslim person with a different language and culture, to sing an anthem that was written for Jews only," he added.

'Majadele must apologize' 

Majadele's statements prompted harsh responses among right-wing MKs. MK Arieh Eldad (National Union-National Religious Party) said that a man who refuses to sing the national anthem should not be a minister.

"I don't want to force Minister Majadele to sing the anthem, but I don't want to see as a minister a man who does not identify with Israel's character, and who declares he does not identify with the national anthem," he stated.

MK Zevulun Orlev (National Union-NRP) was also furious with Majadele's words and said that the prime minister should order the minister to apologize.

"Majadele's statements should raise deep concern. They represent a clear violation of his ministerial oath to be loyal to the State of Israel and its laws. I call on the prime minister to demand that he make it clear he is loyal to the State of Israel as a Jewish state," he declared.

Tibi: Attacks are hypocritical 

Meanwhile, MK Ahmed Tibi voiced his support for Majadele, and said that he too never sings the anthem.

"The attacks on him from the Right are hypocritical, self-righteous and ridiculous. Hatikva's words cannot be sung by any Arab citizen," Tibi said, adding that any reasonable Jew should sympathize with this sentiment, "Including honest rightists who have already accepted the fact that the words are aimed at the Jewish, not the Arab, soul."

"Lately we have witnessed a torrent of anti-Arab statements, and this should be understood in this context," he concluded.

I think Amir Peretz appointed him
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: Moslem cabinet member refuses to sing Hatikvah
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »
Just get the hell out of Israel!!!!!  We know what you are getting at, Arab traitor!  These enemies within the Israel government know that the leaders are so weak that they can get away with this bull [censored]!  same goes for here in the U.S.  We have elected a Muslime congressman, so I expect our Pledge of Allegiance to get spit on eventually.  Which reminds me, which affirmative action congresswoman refused to say the Pledge in congressional session????
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 08:34:37 AM »
Just get the hell out of Israel!!!!!  We know what you are getting at, Arab traitor!  These enemies within the Israel government know that the leaders are so weak that they can get away with this bull excrement!  same goes for here in the U.S.  We have elected a Muslime congressman, so I expect our Pledge of Allegiance to get spit on eventually.  Which reminds me, which affirmative action congresswoman refused to say the Pledge in congressional session????
This guy is a member of the cabinet,can you imagine the sect of defense or sect of the State not standing for the National Anthem
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 12:00:10 PM »
Of course it was written for Jews. Go to one of your 65 Muslim countries or your 22 Arab countries and you'll get a Muslim anthem.

Din Rodef

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 02:28:41 PM »
This year...the first muslim member of US Congress was sworn into office ON A KORAN
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,233983,00.html

Notice the parallel between Israel and the US?

Mexicans are flooding into America and saying that North America is theirs and that Gringos need to go back to Europe. Arabs are flooding into Israel and saying that the land is theirs and the Jews should go back to Europe

Notice the parallel?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »
Would you want him to sing it mord? Would Kahanists sing it if Israel is being currently lead in the wrong direction? ???

Din Rodef

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 05:23:17 PM »
Would you want him to sing it mord? Would Kahanists sing it if Israel is being currently lead in the wrong direction? ???

you've got a soft spot for the muzzies don't ya? ;D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »
Depends who they are. I have a soft spot for my family and all the people who give me presents, yeah ;D ........but not for the ones living on the other side of the world or advocating hatred.

My post before sounded rhetorical but i truly meant it, would the kahanists sing the anthem? Would you WANT the arab to sing the anthem as well?

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »
Depends who they are. I have a soft spot for my family and all the people who give me presents, yeah ;D ........but not for the ones living on the other side of the world or advocating hatred.

My post before sounded rhetorical but i truly meant it, would the kahanists sing the anthem? Would you WANT the arab to sing the anthem as well?

You have a soft spot for Muslims?  That's a problem you need to deal with.  Those 'people' are animals.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
You have a soft spot for Muslims?  That's a problem you need to deal with.  Those 'people' are animals

I don't see my mother and close family behaving like animals, so its not a problem. WTH i have to love my mama, dude! And when the most animal like thing those "people" do is eat a slice of pizza with their hands then i'm guessing i'm not dealing with very much.
They are muslim by name not muslim by nature.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 05:51:45 PM »
Re:  "...Mexicans are flooding into America and saying that North America is theirs and that Gringos need to go back to Europe. Arabs are flooding into Israel and saying that the land is theirs and the Jews should go back to Europe

Notice the parallel?..."

Yes; but what appears to be "a parallel" is, in actuality, a case of "action / reaction".

The U.S. has in recent years changed its official policies in regards to the State of Israel.

Today, its policies towards Israel are identical to that of the "Evil Empire USSR".

Where once, the U.S. publicly stated and stood by its policy of "no appeasement of terror / no negotiations with terrorists / no arming or funding of terrorists / no recognition of the PLO / no creation of a new Arab state in the Land of Israel";  today's policy has shifted in favor of Israel's return to pre-1967 borders, the immediate creation and recognition of a "Palestinian State by 2005", the funding, arming, and training of terrorist groups by the U.S., and the State Dept. policy of not counting attacks on Israeli citizens by Arab terrorists as "terror" in its annual "statistics report".

The domestic situation today in the U.S. is not a "parallel"; it is a punishment meted out "measure for measure", as G-d promised in Torah.

"I will bless them that bless thee; and curse them that curse thee."

As long as the U.S. continues with its current policies of selling out the Jewish People's Biblical Birthright in exchange for oil and Islamic terror, the status quo continues.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »
Sarah:  "...Would you WANT the arab to sing the anthem as well?..."

Well...he should at least hum along, or play it on the harmonica!