Author Topic: A Word About Racism  (Read 2637 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
A Word About Racism
« on: February 08, 2009, 11:38:12 PM »
Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, but I like to use words accurately.  I think it does a great disservice to the English language to simply throw about words, solely for the effect of creating an emotional response.  One word that is used far too liberally these days is 'racism'.  It has become fashionable to describe as racist anything negative that is projected against any ethnic group.  I've noticed this on the forum too.

We are accused of being racist because we have grievances with Islam and often with the black community also.  This by itself is not racism.  Racism is when you hold that groups are stratified in worth solely by race.  We don't do that here.  A white racist will hate blacks regardless of how they behave (whether good or bad), solely because they are blacks.  A Jew can be considered a racist if he hates all arabs because of their race and not because of what they do.  We don't do that here either.

Racism is a quasi-scientific concept that has been disproven time and again since the mid 20th century.  It is a preposturous, antiquated notion of the 19th century that has only led to evil.  G-d has given all men of all races free will.  A person's worth may be calculated by how he exercises his free will.  Racism will say that a person's inferiority is caused by his blood and the blood of his ethnic group. 

For those who have come to our forum and charged us with racism, I ask if you have ever heard anyone on this forum charge that a particular group is inferior (or superior for that matter) because of any predetermined ethnic qualities?  I can say for sure that you have not.  We may attack the practices or the culture that leads to certain practices among a particular ethnic group, but that is a different matter entirely.  Noticing trends among particular groups of people and condemning those trends is not the same as saying that those trends are caused by some ethnic blood inferiority.

So to anyone who wishes to label and libel our group as racist, if you truly care about racism (which I suspect you don't) then know that you are not helping your anti-racist crusade by charging racism falsely.  In fact, labelling a group as racist, when they are not actually racist, sets back the cause of eliminating racism.

I would like to see no racism anywhere.  It certainly is not on this forum.  A good start in eliminating racism is to first only label as racist that which is racist.  And start using language properly.  You won't impress me by using emotionally charged language for shock value.  This is a trick of the Left and it works in scaring the weak minded (other Leftists), but it won't work on me.  And to other members of the forum, who perhaps feel somewhat indignant at being labelled as racists, when you clearly are not, don't feel that you have to defend yourselves so vigorously against such slander.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: A Word About Racism
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »
 :clap:
aka Someone Else

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 11:56:34 PM »
Thank you!  :usa+israel:
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:59:45 PM »
Very nice post Zachor.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 02:46:35 AM »
Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, but I like to use words accurately.  I think it does a great disservice to the English language to simply throw about words, solely for the effect of creating an emotional response.  One word that is used far too liberally these days is 'racism'.  It has become fashionable to describe as racist anything negative that is projected against any ethnic group.  I've noticed this on the forum too.

We are accused of being racist because we have grievances with Islam and often with the black community also.  This by itself is not racism.  Racism is when you hold that groups are stratified in worth solely by race.  We don't do that here.  A white racist will hate blacks regardless of how they behave (whether good or bad), solely because they are blacks.  A Jew can be considered a racist if he hates all arabs because of their race and not because of what they do.  We don't do that here either.

Racism is a quasi-scientific concept that has been disproven time and again since the mid 20th century.  It is a preposturous, antiquated notion of the 19th century that has only led to evil.  G-d has given all men of all races free will.  A person's worth may be calculated by how he exercises his free will.  Racism will say that a person's inferiority is caused by his blood and the blood of his ethnic group. 

For those who have come to our forum and charged us with racism, I ask if you have ever heard anyone on this forum charge that a particular group is inferior (or superior for that matter) because of any predetermined ethnic qualities?  I can say for sure that you have not.  We may attack the practices or the culture that leads to certain practices among a particular ethnic group, but that is a different matter entirely.  Noticing trends among particular groups of people and condemning those trends is not the same as saying that those trends are caused by some ethnic blood inferiority.

So to anyone who wishes to label and libel our group as racist, if you truly care about racism (which I suspect you don't) then know that you are not helping your anti-racist crusade by charging racism falsely.  In fact, labelling a group as racist, when they are not actually racist, sets back the cause of eliminating racism.

I would like to see no racism anywhere.  It certainly is not on this forum.  A good start in eliminating racism is to first only label as racist that which is racist.  And start using language properly.  You won't impress me by using emotionally charged language for shock value.  This is a trick of the Left and it works in scaring the weak minded (other Leftists), but it won't work on me.  And to other members of the forum, who perhaps feel somewhat indignant at being labelled as racists, when you clearly are not, don't feel that you have to defend yourselves so vigorously against such slander.

Hi Zachor, now that is an excellent quote. I agree with you! I don't despise Moslems because of the clothes they wear, or the color of their skin.
I don't despise them for what they eat. I despise them and wish for their death because Moslems are NAZIS. Moslems are determined to take over the World and commit mass murders ( genocide ) against all of Humanity. This is a fact about Islam! Islam is a hideous death and destruction cult.
I have been called racist by those who are the truly racists.
Some people that come to the forum as guests or members, are so quick to point out that we are racists....but the truth of the matter is this:
Liberals and Moslems are the most intolerant of all living people on earth! It has come to a point where Islam is seeking blood on a Global scale.
Liberals are extremely tolerant of Islam's quest for blood...in fact Liberals close their eyes to the autrocities that Moslems commit on a daily basis worldwide, yet they have the dammed nerve to call us racists....this is outrageous because in reality, the Liberals are going out of their way to appease the radical racists.
It makes no sense to me...Liberalism is as deadly as Islam.

G-d help us!                                                                   Shalom - Dox

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 02:53:37 AM »

I would like to see no racism anywhere.  It certainly is not on this forum.  A good start in eliminating racism is to first only label as racist that which is racist.  And start using language properly. 

Some members here stereotype all romas as criminals and some even call them animals. Thats clearly racist, i didnt expectet that from jews since we have a similar history of suffering and persecution i thought we are friends.
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 03:33:58 AM »

I would like to see no racism anywhere.  It certainly is not on this forum.  A good start in eliminating racism is to first only label as racist that which is racist.  And start using language properly. 

Some members here stereotype all romas as criminals and some even call them animals. Thats clearly racist, i didnt expectet that from jews since we have a similar history of suffering and persecution i thought we are friends.

If anything, racism has come from the Liberals and the Blacks towards Jews.

Affirmative Action is a nice little example. Like you, I was once a Liberal, until I was the victim of AA when I tried to get into a Grad program. When I protested the reason that I was "Privileged and Advantaged" by Dr. Larry Z. leslie of U/South Florida (a self-hating white convert to Islam), I was branded a racist and was then expelled ftom a anti-racist srudent group I was a member of at my school (not USF, but word got back to them). THAT opened my eyes and to what a self-hating fool I was and who the REAL racists were. In fact, I believe I was the only white member of that group. I should have know better.

Ler me ask YOU something. How will YOU feel when you lose YOUR job to AA? And don't say you'll just get something else. You WILL have your eyes opened when you get crapped on by your Black "friends."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 07:36:41 AM »
ChaimbenMordechai, your story sounds very familiar to me. I was never exactly a liberal, but I did fall hook, line, and sinker for all that stuff about how being "racist" was so bad. Then I was up for a promotion at my job and instead of promoting me, for three times the boss put in negroes, two of which I'd trained and one of which was taken from another company. Other people who had the job I wanted supported me, and wanted me to work alongside them, and even said so to the boss.

None of that mattered, all that mattered was that I wasn't black.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »

Look IM,

you are no bad person and of cause it is true, that the Roma suffered terrible in the times of the Nazi terror, like the Jews did.

But I think you cannot expect, that people will like you only because of your family background. I think if you will proof yourselve as a friend, it will return to you.

I think too the wast majority of members disagree with the animal & criminal defamation.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 10:01:19 AM »
This is a very accurate post, and I agree.

A TRUE racist hates ALL members of a given group, even the GOOD ones. To me that is ridiculous and stupid.

I hate blacks that commit crimes, act like morons, and prove what RACISTS THEY ARE by voting for someone JUST because he is black.

I don't hate Pastor James Manning; in fact if I knew more of his views I might even support him for President.

But to hate an ENTIRE group JUST because of skin color is really ignorant, IMO.

And if you think about it, the word PREJUDICE means to PRE-JUDGE.

I do not PRE-JUDGE anyone. I judge based on what I KNOW of them and SEE them DO.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »
The word 'Racism' is often used by the leftist phony liberals to try and shut us out from jobs and other things.  Why?  Because they can't get the job without assassinating our character.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »
I have friends of all backgrounds i must admit though almost all are Caucasian but i do have Black friends puerto rican friends my brother had a Lebanese Girl he was friends with although she was born in the U.S. and was a Christian. I don't have any Islamic friends and about that i really don't care.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »
I actually used to have a number of black friends, but when I asked them who they voted for after the election, I found that all but one voted for Obama.

So now, by my choice, I only have one black friend.

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »
The word 'Racism' is often used by the leftist phony liberals to try and shut us out from jobs and other things.  Why?  Because they can't get the job without assassinating our character.

Like I said...

Let's see how LIBERAL they staye when they get a job taken away from them!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 11:10:39 AM »

What are Romas and why do you claim that (all) "jews" are racist? I'm a Jew...I"m not racist against romas in that I particularly don't know what one is...So quit stereoptyping that all jews are racists against romas...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 11:12:06 AM »
wait a second a roma is a romanian...

There are some nice ones and some terrible ones out there...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
as far as racism is concerned. The only reason why certain things sound racist to some people is that we have been raised in a politically correct society and trained to view certain comments to be racist.  However, the reality is that racism is specifically something  people say against one's genetics as inferior or superior.

Judging behavior even if predominantly found in a certain racial group is not racism...

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »

What are Romas and why do you claim that (all) "jews" are racist? I'm a Jew...I"m not racist against romas in that I particularly don't know what one is...So quit stereoptyping that all jews are racists against romas...

Romas are also called gypsies.
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »

I don't think a Roma is the same thing as a Romanian. Roma are originally from India. Romanians are white Europeans.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »

I don't think a Roma is the same thing as a Romanian. Roma are originally from India. Romanians are white Europeans.

The Roma and Sinti people are both families of Gypsies, who were persecuted by Hitler (ym"sh).  This article explains:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinti

I have known Jews who have been against the Gypsy people.  My father's lady friend is a Hungarian Jew who considers the Gypsies to be a bunch of thieves.  She never claimed that they are this way because they are racially inferior though.  So you can say that she has a bias against this group of people, and it might be an unfair bias, a bigotry even, but it's not based on race.

Do Jews in general have a particular bias against the Roma?  I don't know, I doubt it.  But I would bet that any existing biases of this kind would not be based on assumptions about racial inferiority.  Therefore it is not racism.  Let's call bigoty bigotry and racism racism.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »

So what's your point? that Jews are racists against Gypsies?  I'm not...I judge people based on behavior and not where they're from...although..if a large group of gypsies are known, let's say for example, for theft, I might at first be vigilent...but not because he is genetically a Roma.  But because the people he comes from have been known and have been frequently seen to practice that sort of behavior.  If that Roma proves himself trustworthy and honest, those walls of vigilence gets removed.

THe same goes with any other racial group or nationality.  Blacks have been observed to follow a certain undesirable behavior.  IT's not because they are black skinned..but more what they accept culturally.  Therefore, vigilence is necessary..one who practices vigilence towards blacks is not a racist...he's normal.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »

As someone with Romanian blood, i'd feel pretty insulted if someone called me a Roma, that'd be like calling a British person Irish or something.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »

And a good chunk of those "Romas" are muslims.

The Muslim Gypsies in Romania are Sunnites of the Hanafitic rite

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 03:00:07 PM »

The Roma and Sinti people are both families of Gypsies, who were persecuted by Hitler (ym"sh).  This article explains:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinti

I have known Jews who have been against the Gypsy people.  My father's lady friend is a Hungarian Jew who considers the Gypsies to be a bunch of thieves.  She never claimed that they are this way because they are racially inferior though.  So you can say that she has a bias against this group of people, and it might be an unfair bias, a bigotry even, but it's not based on race.

Do Jews in general have a particular bias against the Roma?  I don't know, I doubt it.  But I would bet that any existing biases of this kind would not be based on assumptions about racial inferiority.  Therefore it is not racism.  Let's call bigoty bigotry and racism racism.

I had an experience last year that distressed me.

My youngest daughter attends a Chabad Hebrew school, and she came home one day and asked me "why do gypsies steal babies?" And I said, "Where in the world did you get such a crazy idea?" She said, "Morah (teacher) told me it."

I went to the school and it turned out to be a teacher from Eastern Europe...I had a LONG talk with her, and gave her some printed info about the history of the Romani people, showing how THEIR children were often kidnapped (esp. in Bohemia) by non-Roma!

I told her that we of all people should not spread false stories like that, because that kind of stuff has often been done to US.

It would be one thing if what she said was based on a TRUE story, but the idea of Roma stealing babies is so old and so untrue...its like the one about all Jews being commuunists or moneylenders!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 03:07:49 PM »

I had an experience last year that distressed me.

My youngest daughter attends a Chabad Hebrew school, and she came home one day and asked me "why do gypsies steal babies?" And I said, "Where in the world did you get such a crazy idea?" She said, "Morah (teacher) told me it."

I went to the school and it turned out to be a teacher from Eastern Europe...I had a LONG talk with her, and gave her some printed info about the history of the Romani people, showing how THEIR children were often kidnapped (esp. in Bohemia) by non-Roma!

I told her that we of all people should not spread false stories like that, because that kind of stuff has often been done to US.

It would be one thing if what she said was based on a TRUE story, but the idea of Roma stealing babies is so old and so untrue...its like the one about all Jews being commuunists or moneylenders!

I understand your point, but you should know that there are in fact a large number of Jews who were and who are communists.  Also, Jews were money lenders.  In this they had no choice--it was often the only profession that they were allowed to engage in.  So to condemn Jews for being money lenders is absurd, as they were forced into it.  Also, to condemn Jews for being communists in the early part of the 20th century is absurd.  Nobody could have known what kind of disasters communism would lead to.  But Jews who are communists today should know better.