Author Topic: This Israeli guy from the Ayn Rand inst is prety smart  (Read 898 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This Israeli guy from the Ayn Rand inst is prety smart
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:15:22 AM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: This Israeli guy from the Ayn Rand inst is prety smart
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:53:32 AM »
Yaron Brooke is very smart but unfortunately not smart enough to get past Ayn Rand's philosophy.  It is a tempting philosophy.  I myself was interested in it when I was in high school.  But like most people who are interested in it, I grew up and began to see that I was not in fact the centre of the universe.

Don't get me wrong, I like many of the individual things he advocates, but the overall premise of the philosophy is flawed.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
Yaron Brooke is very smart but unfortunately not smart enough to get past Ayn Rand's philosophy.  It is a tempting philosophy.  I myself was interested in it when I was in high school.  But like most people who are interested in it, I grew up and began to see that I was not in fact the centre of the universe.

Don't get me wrong, I like many of the individual things he advocates, but the overall premise of the philosophy is flawed.
Is he a pure libertarian?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »

I think he is.  Aside from repeating what Ayn Rand used to say, I have heard him saying atheistic statements.  He is a Zionist, but the secular kind.

But I find the term "libertarian" a little ambiguous.  Allan Dershowitz is also a libertarian, but there are considerable differences between Dershowitz and Brooke.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:57:02 AM »

I think he is.  Aside from repeating what Ayn Rand used to say, I have heard him saying atheistic statements.  He is a Zionist, but the secular kind.

But I find the term "libertarian" a little ambiguous.  Allan Dershowitz is also a libertarian, but there are considerable differences between Dershowitz and Brooke.
Allan Dershowitz calls himself a Libertarian WOW :)

Shot at 2010-01-03