Author Topic: Haredi Rabbi blesses National Union Leader  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Haredi Rabbi blesses National Union Leader
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:31 AM »
This is a very good sign!

In the afternoon, Ketzaleh visited Rabbi Chaim Kanievski, a leading figure in the hareidi-religious community. Rabbi Kanievski is the nephew of the famed rabbi known as the Chazon Ish and is married to the daughter of Rabbi Yosef Elyashiv, who is widely recognized as the leader of hareidi-religious Lithuanian Jews.

Rabbi Kanievski expressed his satisfaction that Ketzaleh and the Ichud Leumi (National Union) have pledged their dedication to Rabbinic guidance, and wished Ketzaleh “blessings and success” in the elections.

Full article: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/129861

Unlike he most Haredi rabbis, Rabbi Kanievski has a clear position on the Land of Israel and the struggle with the enemies of Israel.
He has also issued a halachic decree that forbids to employ Arabs in educational institutions. He was accused in racism by Israeli police for that.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Haredi Rabbi blesses National Union Leader
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »
Yes they are great Rabbis Yaacov Katz is the man to vote for
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »
A very interesting development. 

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »
This is indeed an interesting development. Unfortunately, most Lithuanian Rabbis in Israel support United Torah Judaism which is a gutter party. This is a brave move by the rabbi because I am sure he will be heavily criticized in the Bnei Brak, Meah Shearim and Geula neighborhoods. I hope people listen to him.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:48:02 PM »
Sounds like a very decent rabbi.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:58:46 PM »
Sounds like a very decent rabbi.

I don't know much about the man but he does indeed sound good. Maybe Chaim can chime in here with a post expressing his opinions of Rabbi Kanievski.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 12:05:10 AM »
It looks like he is putting Torah principles ahead of politics and personal philosophy, unlike Shas and Agudah rabbis.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 12:22:38 AM »
It looks like he is putting Torah principles ahead of politics and personal philosophy, unlike Shas and Agudah rabbis.

Exactly. I wish the Shas parties leaders were as principled. unfortunately, they would rather have nice clothes and beautiful homes than rescuing their fellow jews.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:50:14 AM »

True, Rav kanievski was also opposed to the Gush Katif expulsion and told people that it is forbidden to hire Arab workers after the Merkaz
HaRav Massacre.

He is starting to depart from the Haredi position, I hope this continues with other Haredi Rabbis.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »
Hopefully he will continue to see the light and encourage other Jews to see the light in particular self-defense, loving fellow Jews, and noticing real evil from real good.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein