Author Topic: Sen. Harkin: 'We need the Fairness Doctrine'  (Read 1109 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Sen. Harkin: 'We need the Fairness Doctrine'
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:23:22 AM »
briann,
No you are right, not a big shocker.  It all is part of Obama's ego trip and media domination.  Everything reported about him has to be positive and if it is not, he wants it eliminated.  And his party is more of the same.
What can I say bipartisan, no, not even close.  It just makes me want to scream!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 12:20:32 PM »
I seem to recall that Senator Harkin is an "alternative medicine" nut who promotes all sorts of quack medical treatments.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »
I seem to recall that Senator Harkin is an "alternative medicine" nut who promotes all sorts of quack medical treatments.

Was he the one who thought he was visited by E.T.?

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:08 PM »
Just imagine how pissed the libertarians are. Even though a lot are wackos, I wonder how many libertarians are going to admit supporting Hussein.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 01:11:47 PM »
Just imagine how pissed the libertarians are. Even though a lot are wackos, I wonder how many libertarians are going to admit supporting Hussein.

Why would libertarians support someone who wants to expand the intrusiveness and size of government to a level never before seen in the history of this country?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »

I am a libertarian and by no means support Obama.  Anyone who calls themself a libertarian and supports Obama, or the fairness doctrine, doesn't understand what the word means.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 07:45:35 PM »
Libertarians are the biggest frauds.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »
Libertarians are the biggest frauds.

And why is that?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
Fairness doctrine huh.  Too much conservatism on the radio, right?  What about all those conservatives on television?  Oh wait, there aren't any!  What about all those conservatives on campus?  Oops, there aren't any there either.  And shouldn't there be more fairness on campuses (especially public colleges) than in privately owned media?

Ahh, Leftism!  If it weren't for hypocisy, Leftists wouldn't have any identity at all.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »
Can you imagine the uproar if talk radio had real conservatives, not the current gaggle of frauds we have.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »

I think you're mixing up "Liberals" with "Libertarians", Liberals want a neo-communist government, Libertarians want what the founding fathers of America wanted, a very limited, very small Federal government, that stays out of peoples' lives, strickly sticks to the letter of the Constitution, and leaves the states to govern themselves. The only thing the two have in common is the "Lib" sound at the begining of their names, the "Lib" in Libertarian comes from Liberty. 

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »
Fairness doctrine huh.  Too much conservatism on the radio, right?  What about all those conservatives on television?  Oh wait, there aren't any!  What about all those conservatives on campus?  Oops, there aren't any there either.  And shouldn't there be more fairness on campuses (especially public colleges) than in privately owned media?

Ahh, Leftism!  If it weren't for hypocisy, Leftists wouldn't have any identity at all.

Lets see, the left have everything out of Hollywood, that means their message is included in some way in every movie made! Everything on Television! 99% of the TV News, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR. All the newspapers and other print media, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Newsday.. etc, etc!

Conservatives have a couple of popular talk shows on AM radio.

WHAT!!!!???? A COUPLE OF TALK SHOWS ON AM RADIO!!!!!!!? UNFAIR!!!! WE NEED A FAIRNESS DOCTRINE!!!!!!!

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
Mainstream media should be worried.  If this fairness doctrine returns, they have to give time to conservatives.

LIKE THAT'S EVER GONNA HAPPEN!

MSM isn't worried at all because it doesn't affect them.  It only affects people like us.  If I had my way, I would force MSM to have people like us on their shows.  Of course that would make me just as bad as them.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »

Lets see, the left have everything out of Hollywood, that means their message is included in some way in every movie made! Everything on Television! 99% of the TV News, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR. All the newspapers and other print media, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Newsday.. etc, etc!

Conservatives have a couple of popular talk shows on AM radio.

WHAT!!!!???? A COUPLE OF TALK SHOWS ON AM RADIO!!!!!!!? UNFAIR!!!! WE NEED A FAIRNESS DOCTRINE!!!!!!!

Hi NewYorker, the liberals will not stop until they get everything they want. Obama being President is not enough for them
Liberals want complete control. Decades ago Liberals had a saying: Live and let live.
Now Liberals say: do as we say or else!

Shalom - Dox