Author Topic: A Question From Chaim: Is "Ask JTF" Too Long?  (Read 4885 times)

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
A Question From Chaim: Is "Ask JTF" Too Long?
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »
Chaim Ben Pesach has requested that I post this question because the latest program was nearly 3 hours long. Chaim would like to get some feedback from our posters on our outstanding forum. Here are the issues that have to be resolved:

Is the "Ask JTF" program too long?

If the program is too long, what should be done to shorten it?

Bear in mind that there were 45 posts on Ask JTF this week. There were probably about 80 questions that Chaim answered, and that takes time. If Chaim were to spend an average of just 3 minutes reading and answering each question, that would be a total of 240 minutes or 4 hours. On this latest program, Chaim's average time per question was about 2 minutes in addition to the reading of the questions.

Baruch HaShem (thank G-d), our forum is growing and becoming more and more active. So the number of questioners is going up. Should we limit everyone to one short question or comment? Or should we make it clear that Chaim will only read the first sentence or two? Or should we leave things as they are because this program is the only opportunity every week for people to directly communicate with Chaim?

Our sole concern here is what is best for the cause. Chaim really enjoys doing the programs, and he loves the great people we have on our forum. Our objective here is to create programs that will most inspire people to take action.

So please let us know what you think.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: A Question From Chaim: Is "Ask JTF" Too Long?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:04:24 PM »
I love listening to 'ask JTF' while I do chores around my house. For me, it's not long enough.

Whatever Chaim decides to do, I hope that he will still give quality answers to everyone. That will prevent people from losing interest in his shows and JTF's goals.

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:07 PM »
How about a short half-hour ASK JTF show every day.  That would give us 3 hours total a week.   ;D
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »
How about a short half-hour ASK JTF show every day.  That would give us 3 hours total a week.   ;D

Nah. I plan my Sunday-Monday around JTF. I can't do that every day. Besides we already have two shows on Wednesday.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:20:49 PM »
I hope we keep the same format.

It is long but it is always extremely interesting and educational.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »
If he loves it and we love it, what else is there to say, keep it, ITS FANTASTIC!
Plus its great waiting a whole week to listen to a substantial and interesting show, it makes it all the more worth while!

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 10:14:50 PM »
It's not too long. I look forward to it all week. Keep up the good work, Chaim.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »
I love the show, if it is too long for Chaim then he should do a shorter show. But I love the current format ;D
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 10:18:51 PM »
I remember when Chaim first started the Ask JTF, he was concerned about the length. As much as I LOVE JTF.org, and this forum, I rarely listen to the programs because of the length.  That said, I don't think it should change much.  If the majority of the members and guests like it, great.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 10:24:15 PM »
I remember when Chaim first started the Ask JTF, he was concerned about the length. As much as I LOVE JTF.org, and this forum, I rarely listen to the programs because of the length.  That said, I don't think it should change much.  If the majority of the members and guests like it, great.

You should listen to the programs. Perhaps put it on while you exercise or wash dishes.

Allen-T

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 11:19:04 PM »
I too don't think the show is long enough. I think Chaim should make the shows as long as he can. Why is this even a discussion? Listen as long as you want and go back later or another day and listen to the rest. I often listen to it in 2 parts, it's just a matter of remembering where on the timer you were when you cut it off ??? I also think Chaim should stop entertaining people who ask the same questions week after week like Tonycali99, I have never heard "Do you like fags" twisted around so many different ways!!! If jokesters like FOTL are original and creative, fine, but week after week, can I be fag,can my friend marry a fag,is my plant a fag,etc.   

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 11:32:10 PM »
I too don't think the show is long enough. I think Chaim should make the shows as long as he can. Why is this even a discussion? Listen as long as you want and go back later or another day and listen to the rest. I often listen to it in 2 parts, it's just a matter of remembering where on the timer you were when you cut it off ??? I also think Chaim should stop entertaining people who ask the same questions week after week like Tonycali99, I have never heard "Do you like fags" twisted around so many different ways!!! If jokesters like FOTL are original and creative, fine, but week after week, can I be fag,can my friend marry a fag,is my plant a fag,etc.   

Do you think that I am a joker?  I asked Chaim that question because it is a personal issue of mine.  Now I know that Chaim disapproves of it.  I agree that it degrades a person spiritually but so do many other things which aren't technically sinful (e.g. being single and unmarried for a long period of time).
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 11:33:36 PM »
I would listen eagerly to as many hours as Chaim can manage.  JTF is one of the only two or three sources of information I go to regularly.  I originally thought that it should be one comment/question per poster simply because Chaim sounds really tired out by the end of the show. 

Din Rodef

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 03:40:30 AM »
The only problem I have with ASK JTF is that I can't seem to keep up with the conversation if I miss an episode. (this could result in asking repetitive questions)

Even though it's possible to download the show to my hardrive and listen to it later...ASK JTF still gets so long that I can't listen to more than one episode in a week.

For example: I've missed about 2 ASK JTF shows and they are both saved on my computer's hardrive. The problem is...they are so long that I don't have the time to listen to them and still keep up with this week's show.

I've been able to keep up with the Jewish Task Force and Take America Back (for over 3 years) without missing a single episode.

If ASK JTF were only about 1 to 1-1/2 hours long then I think I could keep up with it every week with no problems.

Allen-T

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:07:23 AM »

Do you think that I am a joker?  I asked Chaim that question because it is a personal issue of mine.  Now I know that Chaim disapproves of it.  I agree that it degrades a person spiritually but so do many other things which aren't technically sinful (e.g. being single and unmarried for a long period of time).

Yes, I think you are a joker, you have been asking the same question over and over for a month. It's boring and monotonous. 

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 07:58:12 AM »
 ???

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »
If I only look at the fact that its three hours, yes it's too long.
If I include the fact that each question is about 2.5 mins,
it's not too long. The average is 5 mins per person.
I'd like to break it up in 1/2 hour sessions and somehow put
it on my car radio so I can listen to it on my painful drive
home. That's better than listening to Michael Weiner the Savage
or getting Hanitised by that "Great American" Sean Vanity.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »
why dont you put the mp3 version on CD and just listen to it in your car?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 05:17:54 PM »
I listen to it in bed so i fall contentedly to sleep. Buy an MP3 player, they're begining to get quite cheap and its worth it. It only takes 2 mins to download and you can stop, fast forward, rewind to any bit you want. Plus you can listen to it anywhere at anytime.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »
The Sunday questions show is just great. I think it really gives Chaim and the forum a great chance to interact. I have not missed one yet and learn something new each week. I put the show on while I am doing stuff in the house and keep a pad around to write down some of Chaim's more interesting points during the show.  The time the show runs now between 2 or so hours is fine I just hope it doesn't over burden Chaim's already busy schedule.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 10:33:28 PM »
It's like a really good radio show...Better than Howard Stern and a good Jewish version of Michael Savage's Savage Nation...

I only feel bad for Chaim if he gets impatient or tired from repetative questions.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 11:46:42 PM »
I do not feel it is too long.  I save it in my jump drive and listen to it whenever I can.  JTF should put all these questions and answers (audio format) in an archive section.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:54:30 AM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 12:47:48 AM »
Being as I'd gladly sacrifice any amount of sleep (on a worknight) to listen to Chaim and would with great relish listen to one of his shows for eight hours on end, I think you can guess what my answer to this question is.  ;)

(But I suspect Chaim would tire of this far faster than Chaimfan.)

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20:19 AM »
I exercise and walk dogs listening to JTF - not long enough!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot