Author Topic: Has The Lost City Of Atlantis Been Found?  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Has The Lost City Of Atlantis Been Found?
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:58:47 AM »
Has The Lost City Of Atlantis Been Found?

A British aeronatical engineer claims a grid he discovered on the ocean floor off the coast of west Africa could be the fabled lost city of Atlantis.

But cold water has been poured on the idea by internet search giant Google, which says it is highly unlikely.

The grid is situated about 620 miles off west Africa in an area called the Madeira Abyssal Plane.

It consists of a series of cross-cross lines within a rectangluar boundary about 3.5 miles down.

It was spotted by Bernie Bamford from Chester using a underwater exploration tool Google Ocean.

Mr Bamford says the image looks like a "man-made aerial map" of a city.

Dr Charles Orser, curator of historical archaeology at New York State University has described the find as "fascinating."

He said: "The site is one of the most prominent places for the proposed location of Atlantis, as described by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato.

Even if it turns out to be geographical, it definitely deserves a closer look."

However, Google are adament the grid-like image has nothing to do with Atlantis.

A spokeswoman, said: "It's true that many amazing discoveries have been made in Google Earth.

"In this case, however, the image is an artifact of the data collection process, not the city of Atlantis.

"Boats use sonar to take measurements of the seafloor and the lines shown reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data."

According to Plato's account, written around 355 BC, the city of Atlantis sank to the bottom of the ocean in around 9,700 BC after a huge earthquake.

Many people believe Plato's story is historically accurate but claim he has got the location wrong.

As a result, the search for the fabled city has spanned the globe. Other suggested sites include the Mediterranean, the Black Sea and the Caribbean.

Source: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Lost-City-Of-Atlantis-British-Man-Using-Google-Search-Tool-Claims-To-Have-Found-Off-West-Africa/Article/200902315226373?lpos=World_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15226373_Lost_City_Of_Atlantis%3A_British_Man_Using_Google_Search_Tool_Claims_To_Have_Found_Off_West_Africa
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Has The Lost City Of Atlantis Been Found?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »
Atlantis can be a very controversial subject on these sacred Jewish forums, as my following findings may indicate.

CAUTION: THIS IS NOT JEWISH AND MAY BE POSSIBLY READ ONLY FROM RESEARCH POINT OF VIEW.

http://rajesh403.blogspot.com/

Please delete or lock it, if found so.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »
Atlantis can be a very controversial subject on these sacred Jewish forums, as my following findings may indicate.

CAUTION: THIS IS NOT JEWISH AND MAY BE POSSIBLY READ ONLY FROM RESEARCH POINT OF VIEW.

So now everything has to be Jewish???

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

So now everything has to be Jewish???

Mo, he meant it nice.   :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 02:00:12 PM »
Science is cool, though.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »
Depending how deep it is, I wonder if it can be reached by a scuba diver or if a sub would be needed? I am scuba certified :)

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 02:06:45 PM »
Depending how deep it is, I wonder if it can be reached by a scuba diver or if a sub would be needed? I am scuba certified :)

If I have understood the report rightly, it lies 3,5 miles under the sealevel.

You will need some special equiptment to travel there. But who knows  :)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 02:07:42 PM »

Well, scuba is out of the question. I just need a couple hundred million for a private sub.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »

We'll make our next JFT meeting there 8)

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 02:19:04 PM »

Well, scuba is out of the question. I just need a couple hundred million for a private sub.

I have heard, that there are special air tanks that contain a liquid, that you have to let into your lungs. Then you can dive very deep. But I don't know how this works exactly.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
I have heard, that there are special air tanks that contain a liquid, that you have to let into your lungs. Then you can dive very deep. But I don't know how this works exactly.

I've been wondering about that ever since I saw the Abyss movie.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 03:40:09 PM »
Those stories like this of "Atlantis" only shows that there was a global Flood and destruction of amoral civilization described in the Bible.

Where ever you look,in every corner of the world,you can see the same-parts of civilizations buried under the ground or waters.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 03:42:16 PM »

Ruby, I have read about this here: http://tauchen.nullzeit.at/Content.Node/wissenswertes/infopoint/fluessigatmung_perfluorkarbon.php

Even the movie "Abyss" is mentioned. They put a mouse in the liquid and it didn't drowned.  :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »
I feel kind of sad because I wonder how many mice they drowned before they got the solution right. On the other hand it would be interesting if maybe one day something like that could allow people to live under water.

This is the Babelfish translation:

At the latest since the film Abyss is the topic liquid respiration in diver circles an eternal Mysterium and in all mouth. It admits less is that the research constantly progresses over it. The concept of the liquid respiration was invented in the 60's in the USA. Since the lung of humans grows so long it in the mother body, is filled with liquid, already for some years American scientists accepted that the gas exchange would have to be possible over liquids also, which - enriched with oxygen - are filled into the lung.

First the professional world smiled. That changed however, when a mouse was shown, which drowned in a container filled with liquid not, but swam for several minutes without signs of difficulty in breathing under the water surface. Now the liquid artificial respiration becomes a new medical option in cases offering no prospects.

The first adult patient, to who with liquid respiration in Europe the life was saved, was in the year 2000 that meanwhile 49 years old Muhrad Bukitch in the citizen of Berlin Charité hospital. Thereby the means Liquivent of the American manufacturer Alliance (maximum's group) from San Diego was used. After the conventional artificial respiration had remained unsuccessful before, it five days of long two litres of Liquivent were filled into the function-unfit lungs and thus the life was saved.

Employment in the clinical research In the department Neo Nathologie in the citizens of Berlin Charité researches for a long time a group of physicians. Their goal is the employment of the liquid artificial respiration with new ones and earlyborn. Because for the tiny lungs of newborn children the artificial respiration with high air pressures often represents a strong load for the lung and a risk. In special individual cases the liquid artificial respiration could offer a careful solution here, because thereby the artificially respirating printing could be lowered immensely.

That again makes it possible or at least probable the fact that also for very small, unreife children an employment under the aspect is possible that one late damage of this artificial respiration - one speaks of the so-called associated lung illness by artificial respiration, which bronchiopulmonalen Dysplasie - to reduce or avoid would know. Perfluorkarbon machts possible The substances used for the liquid respiration are Perfluorkarbone, relatively simple chemical compounds, which have the characteristic to have a very low surface tension. That is, they spread very well in the lung and are about twice as heavy like water. The high specific weight of the liquid substance is the secret of the artificially respirating method. Beyond that the Perflourkarbone, can take up a Kohlanwasserstoffverbindung to a considerable degree the inhaled gases oxygen and carbon dioxide. Perflourkarbone lower themselves alone by their weight without large pressure into the lung, distribute themselves there very fast into the damaged alveoli and activate them to new life. If the gas exchange is disturbed in the lung, normally conventional artificial artificially respirating respiration are used. During total lung failure has however borders. The pressures, which would have to be applied then, are so large that the lung threatens to burst. In this case the liquid artificial respiration can be used with specific disease pictures. It is beyond that also a careful method. Liquid in the lung is an unusual sight. Normally a disease picture, is it here a welfare method.

With patients with a lung failure a large part of the lung is not any longer ventilated. If one fills in a very heavy substance such as Perfluorkarbon, succeeds, opening the closed, to win not air-filled areas again for the artificial respiration thus. Already one minute immersed the American laboratory mouse into the liquid. She got accustomed to breathing under water and/or the Perfluorkarbonat completely obviously fast. What however do these results mean for dipping? At first sight regarded relatively little, there the employment of this technology so far (officially) only in the passive condition, thus under anaesthesia, to take place could. Rumor way experiment the Russian and the American military for decades also with the spontaneous respiration, thus the active liquid respiration. Since to date however still no positive results were pointed out, one must probably assume none of these test persons survived the test. As problematic in practice prove the compatibility of the liquid, which oxygen photograph capacity of the liquid, which CO2-Aufnahmekapazität of the liquid, which feeling of drowning as well as paradoxes the thorax movements as well as read but emergency leases increased flow resistance, which causes again a increased breath achievement. An application in practice is thus at present - at least on the sport dipping sector - still in far distance. How far it removes however in the military sector is, over it everyone may form its opinion.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »

Ruby, I have read about this here: http://tauchen.nullzeit.at/Content.Node/wissenswertes/infopoint/fluessigatmung_perfluorkarbon.php

Even the movie "Abyss" is mentioned. They put a mouse in the liquid and it didn't drowned.  :)
Is there any link on English?I understand very little German,although I learned it for 2 years...

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »
I feel kind of sad because I wonder how many mice they drowned before they got the solution right. On the other hand it would be interesting if maybe one day something like that could allow people to live under water.

They didn't mention the quantity of mice they used until it works. But the article mentions that the USA and the Russians tried it with humen.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »

Is there any link on English?I understand very little German,although I learned it for 2 years...

No, I didn't know an English link. But the name of the liquid is perfluorcarbon.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 03:52:08 PM »
Looks like the gist of it is that it isn't ready for divers yet but it may have military applications and it currently has some medical uses like saving people with compromised breathing or newborns with breathing difficulty.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 03:53:46 PM »
Looks like the gist of it is that it isn't ready for divers yet but it may have military applications and it currently has some medical uses like saving people with compromised breathing or newborns with breathing difficulty.

Ruby, kannst Du den Artikel verstehen?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 04:02:52 PM »
Well, if plato was right and Atlantis did sink almost ten thousand years ago, it really wasn't that long ago.
Considering the Jewish Talmud came thousand of years ago and the Jews had recorded history for about five thousand years.
They dug up Egyptians buried over four thousand years ago and the Egyptians were already advanced for their time.
What's another five thousand years before that?
Humans have been making stone tools and living in caves long before.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 04:05:10 PM »

I can only understand "Can you" and "article". I don't know what else you're saying :( I wish I did. I want to learn but I haven't had time to study it yet.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 04:06:40 PM »

I can only understand "Can you" and "article". I don't know what else you're saying :( I wish I did. I want to learn but I haven't had time to study it yet.

Ruby, you little scallywag, you have used googlr translator  :::D :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »

Ruby, you little scallywag, you have used googlr translator  :::D :::D

:laugh: :::D