Author Topic: Arnold: I'll take govs' money  (Read 549 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Arnold: I'll take govs' money
« on: February 21, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »
Fresh off a grueling budget battle in his state, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Saturday that if fellow Republican governors threatening to turn down stimulus funds follow through on their pledge, he'd be happy to have their share.

"Everyone has their own way of thinking," Schwarzenegger said of those governors in an interview with POLITICO at the National Governors Association's annual meeting. "I just hope they give me their funding."

Schwarzenegger supports President Barack Obama's $778 billion stimulus, but four Republican governors have said they may reject some of the stimulus funds.

The governor said he was "feeling good" after several late night sessions with California lawmakers trying to pass the budget. "I think everyone had to stay up late a little bit, but we were able to make it work," he said.

Schwarzenegger signed California's $130 billion budget on Friday. To help make up for a massive shortfall, the budget reduces most of the state's expenditures by 11 percent. California state employees were also required to take days of unpaid leave from work.

Despite the cuts, Schwarzenegger said the state has not staved off further economic hardship. But the governor said he hopes the new budget will help California bridge the gap until the economy recovers.

"What we've done is create an economic stimulus package that addresses some of the main things, the economic crisis and some self inflicted wounds," he said. "We were not going to be able to motivate people to take these cuts without addressing some of these main things."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090221/pl_politico/19121

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Arnold: I'll take govs' money
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:11:03 PM »
I can not say that I am surprised.  I live in California and Arnold had been scraping the ground, waiting to pounce on any opportunity to get his hands on some cash the moment it was available to him. 

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
H'es not Conservative in any meaning of the word. He's a Kennedy Republican, a Ronald Reagan wannabe.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 07:40:23 PM »
Schwarzenegger has real money problems in his state and I guess if the federal government is handing out cash he has little choice but to take the money. This is all well and fine for now however its only pushing off the ultimate collapse that will soon come to California and many other states that are living on the fiscal edge. If anything the shvartza President's pork bill most likely is opening California's grave even faster.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »
Schwarzenegger has real money problems in his state and I guess if the federal government is handing out cash he has little choice but to take the money. This is all well and fine for now however its only pushing off the ultimate collapse that will soon come to California and many other states that are living on the fiscal edge. If anything the shvartza President's pork bill most likely is opening California's grave even faster.
Obama is oblivious.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2