Author Topic: Do i really look jewish?  (Read 9056 times)

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: Do i really look jewish?
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2009, 01:24:12 PM »
Most American Jews have similarities, but you can't look Jewish. That's like looking Christian. You cant do it.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 01:31:51 PM »
I have no idea what "look Jewish" is? IS there a certain trait?  There are Jews with blond and dark hair, very fair skin almost albino to very dark.  I have no idea what "look Jewish" means can you explain that one.

There is no certain trait for all the Jews, because Western (European, American and Russian) Jews look different from Eastern (those of Arabic countries and Iran) Jews.

When people in the West speak about "looking Jewish", they mean the Western Jews. In this thread you can find some photos.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »
Jews are a religiuos group and an ethnicity, but not a race. So there is no Jewish physical look. Since Jews are mostly Semitic, there maybe some physical features which are common to many Jews. Jews may be also recognisable because of their look when they wear beards. But many Gentiles may look like Jews for their face or what they wear and they are as Gentiles as others. Looking Jewish, even if having in fact Jewish ancestors, means nothing. Except if your mother is Jewish.
And regarding converts, they don't have to LOOK Jewish, they must live as Jews (and only after having converted in front of a valid Beis Din).

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »
I have no idea what "look Jewish" is? IS there a certain trait?  There are Jews with blond and dark hair, very fair skin almost albino to very dark.  I have no idea what "look Jewish" means can you explain that one.

Look at the photo of Theodor Reik on the previous page. He looks VERY Jewish. So Jewish that he couldn't be anything but Jewish. He is one of several Ashkenazi Jewish types.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »
Jews are a religiuos group and an ethnicity, but not a race. So there is no Jewish physical look. Since Jews are mostly Semitic, there maybe some physical features which are common to many Jews.

You are wrong. There is such a thing as a Jewish look, just as there is an English look, Swedish look, Russian look, etc... Within every group there is a limited number of recognizable types. One particular person may not look as a recognizable type, but when you have a group of 100, you could tell their ethnicity by the way they look.

It's a misconception also that Jews are Semitic. They have adopted a Semitic language and they have doubtlessly mixed with Semites, and some of them do look Semitic, especially the Sefardic Jews, many of whom were very possibly converted Arabs, but the core genotype is Sumerian. Jews came from Ur. Sumerians were not Semites.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
The best way, and the way I go about it, to look Jewish is to wear the JEWISH UNIFORM which consists of a Head-covering {either a kippah, yarlmulkah, or black hat} and by wearing TzitTzits so they hang out of the pants. When I see a fellow Jew wearing the Jewish uniform it makes me happy and I know that I am in an area where fellow Jews are. I wear Kippah and TzitTzits every day. Plus I let my beard grow and my side-curls are very pronounced. People can "SEE" Im a Jew from across a football field.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »

You are wrong. There is such a thing as a Jewish look, just as there is an English look, Swedish look, Russian look, etc... Within every group there is a limited number of recognizable types. One particular person may not look as a recognizable type, but when you have a group of 100, you could tell their ethnicity by the way they look.

It's a misconception also that Jews are Semitic. They have adopted a Semitic language and they have doubtlessly mixed with Semites, and some of them do look Semitic, especially the Sefardic Jews, many of whom were very possibly converted Arabs, but the core genotype is Sumerian. Jews came from Ur. Sumerians were not Semites.

Jewish tradition says that Jews ARE Semites. Accoring to Judaism, Jews, Arabs and some other peoples have the common ancestor, Shem - Son of Noah. In Greek language, the name is pronounced Sem, hence the origin of the word "Semite".

Also, Hebrew language is definetely Semitic. Its grammar and many word roots are close to Arabic and some extinct Semitic languages.

The cases of conversions of Arabs to Judaism are VERY rare.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »
The best way, and the way I go about it, to look Jewish is to wear the JEWISH UNIFORM which consists of a Head-covering {either a kippah, yarlmulkah, or black hat} and by wearing TzitTzits so they hang out of the pants. When I see a fellow Jew wearing the Jewish uniform it makes me happy and I know that I am in an area where fellow Jews are. I wear Kippah and TzitTzits every day. Plus I let my beard grow and my side-curls are very pronounced. People can "SEE" Im a Jew from across a football field.

So you are a G-d fearing Ashkenazi Jew :dance:
Nice to meet you brother!

Do you know that G-d fearing Sefardi Jews wear their TzitTzits so they DO NOT hang out of the pants?

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »
You look Mexican.

Yes, he looks Mexican. Mexicans are not bad looking either, but I dont even see a picture. So, I'm pretending.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2009, 03:12:49 PM »

So you are a G-d fearing Ashkenazi Jew :dance:
Nice to meet you brother!

Do you know that G-d fearing Sefaradi Jews wear their TzitTzits so they DO NOT hang out of the pants?

Well, I wear hats a LOT of the time, I did since I was a kid. People dont even know WHAT I am. Most just call me fearless or the avenger, or like I said up on the other thread a Jewish Joan of Arc.  I DO NOT fight WITHOUT G-d, PERIOD. I am VERY MUCH a humanitarian, and 100% LOYAL, I CANNOT tolerate DISLOYALTY, it will DESTROY any friendship I have ever had.  I am just a tough person. I am 100% FIGHTER, and a fearless person.  I am ALWAYS ALWAYS quoting and referring to the scriptures. I do NOT see ANY way in this life without the L-rd MY G-D.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM »
I read that Israelis typically have smaller faces than Europeans. It was mention in an article about sunglasses businesses in Israel.

Jews typically don't have a convex nose (especially males), and the tip of the nose is usually rounder and lower. The base of the nose is not very narrow. The Chick bones are not very pronounced. The lower lip is never very thin. The forehead is not high and does not bulges. This is just my scientifically unbased  observation.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2009, 03:20:05 PM »

That's a very good way to be. Be proud to be a Jew.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »
hmm

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »
You look like a Greek who ate one to many Gyros.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »

:laugh:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2009, 03:30:30 PM »
lol...  :::D

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
I had one for dinner last Night. It was fantastic.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2009, 03:34:01 PM »

Its one of my favorite food too.  :dance:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2009, 03:42:58 PM »

Greece food and Italian (Spaghetti, Pizza, Ice Cream) are really good. I love them

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

Greece food and Italian (Spaghetti, Pizza, Ice Cream) are really good. I love them
You got good taste then.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »

Jewish tradition says that Jews ARE Semites. Accoring to Judaism, Jews, Arabs and some other peoples have the common ancestor, Shem - Son of Noah. In Greek language, the name is pronounced Sem, hence the origin of the word "Semite".

Also, Hebrew language is definetely Semitic. Its grammar and many word roots are close to Arabic and some extinct Semitic languages.

The cases of conversions of Arabs to Judaism are VERY rare.

I was thinking mostly of Yemenite Jews.

Ethiopian Jews mostly descend from Ethiopian Africans who converted to Judaism, but may also be related to a lesser extent to Yemenite Jews. Yemenite Jews descend from Arabs and Israelites.
http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/abstracts.html

Sumer was conquered later by the semitic Accadian tribes, but Abraham was definitely not accadian. His family was Sumerian. Sumerians were not semites. The fact that Jews adopted a Semitic language is not unusual. It happens all the time when people adopt a language of another genetic group based on historical cirumstances. Think of the British and the English language. Or even the French. They speak a Romance language, but their stock is much more Frankish and Gaul (Celtic) that Roman. The language doesn't prove anything.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »
Here is some interesting stuff (with links to genetic studies):

http://forums.contracostatimes.com/topic/jews-are-from-israel-so-called-%E2%80%9Cpalestians%E2%80%9D-from-saudi-arabia

Here’s GENETIC PROOF that not only are Jews descendants of the Jews who were exiled from Israel by Romans, but Jews of today have more Israelite genes than Arabs have genes of ancient Arabs. Furthermore, SO-CALLED “palestinians” are originally from Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
The study also says that while Jews are partially the product of mixed-marriages and converts, Jews have about 70% to 80% blood of ancient Israelites, while Arabs have only 50% blood of ancient Arabs.
If we assume 80 generations since the founding of the Ashkenazi population, then the rate of admixture would be <0.5% per generation.
 Jews really are a single ethnic group coming from the Middle East. Even if you look like another European with blue eyes and light skin, your genes are telling that you’re from the Middle East.
The "palestinian Arabs as cousins" MYTH"
When the same research team conducted a follow-up study comparing Jews and Palestinian Arabs to Kurds, Armenians, Turks, Syrians, Jordanians, Lebanese and Beduin, they saw a very different picture. Although all Middle Eastern populations have broad similarities, "Jews were found to be more closely related to groups in the north of the Fertile Crescent (Kurds, Turks and Armenians) than to their Arab neighbors."

It's official: Jews and Arabs are not cousins!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

lmao  :laugh:

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »
Let's stop making jokes about him. I am sure he only want to know if he looks jewish and not that he is chubby.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2009, 06:16:20 PM »
Ashkanazi Marine Corp officer Killed by sniper in Iraq   z'l'

Sisters youtube memorial tape

http://www.jewsingreen.com/2006/11/another-jewish-marine-kia/

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:49:12 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03