Author Topic: Happy Statehood and Serbian Army Day  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Happy Statehood and Serbian Army Day
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:02:20 AM »
I've just found out that February, 15 is Serbia's Statehood and Serbian Army Day.

It's a week late, but still, congratulations to our Serbian friends!

:fireworks:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:15:37 AM by Spectator »
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
Re: Happy Statehood and Serbian Army Day
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 05:11:29 AM »
  Very nice of you! Thank you!!!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 05:41:00 AM »
Nice of you...TY.

But,I can tell you that no one celebrate it in Serbia.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 05:48:14 AM »
Happy Statehood and Army Day to all the Serbs on this forum. :)

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 05:50:41 AM »
Really? What about that link?

http://www.srbija.gov.rs/vesti/vest.php?id=43179&q=statehood+day
Are you sure you understood it properly? :)
Gov. made the decision to create a council for national security.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 05:56:25 AM »
The article says that it coincides with the Orthodox holiday. I think the events are somehow related.

I looked at he picture in the article and saw a crowd of people at its background. As far as I understand, the ceremony is dedicated to all events related to February, 15 :)

Here's the source:

Celebration of Serbian Statehood Day begins in Orasac

Orasac, Feb 15, 2008 - The celebration of February 15 - the Serbian Statehood Day has begun this morning in Orasac with a liturgy in the Vaznesenja Gospodnjeg Church, attended by Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica, Minister of Religion Radomir Naumov and Minister for Kosovo-Metohija Slobodan Samardzic.

The liturgy, held by Metropolitan of Montenegro and the Littoral Amfilohije, will be followed by a procession and memorial service in the honour of leader of the First Serbian Uprising Djordje Petrovic Karadjordje in Orasac. The celebration will be concluded with the laying of laurel wreaths at the sarcophagus of Karadjordje in the Sveti Georgije Church in Oplenac.

The Serbian Army also celebrates February 15 as its holiday.

The Day of the Serbian Army will be marked with a demonstration of manoeuvres by members of the ground forces, special brigade and air force in Nis, under the name "Sretenje 2008".

Today, on the Day of Sretenje Gospodnje (the Visitation of the Virgin Mary), Serbia celebrates its Statehood Day and the Day of the Army for the second time since it became an independent state again on June 5, 2006, after 89 years.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 05:59:51 AM »
The article says that it coincides with the Orthodox holiday. I think the events are somehow related.

I looked at he picture in the article and saw a crowd of people at its background. As far as I understand, the ceremony is dedicated to all events related to February, 15 :)
I can't see it in the text.Are we speaking about the same text?

I see this one on the link you gave.
Влада донела одлуку о образовању Савета за националну безбедност

Београд, 12. јануар 2006. године - Влада Републике Србије донела је на данашњој седници Одлуку о образовању Савета за националну безбедност, као и Одлуку о образовању Секретаријата Тима за политичке разговоре о будућем статусу Косова и Метохије који ће пружати административно-техничку подршку Тиму.

У Савету за националну безбедност су председник Владе Републике Србије, председник Републике Србије, потпредседник Владе Србије, председник Народне скупштине, републички министри унутрашњих послова и правде, министар спољних послова СЦГ, министар одбране СЦГ, директор Безбедносно-информативне агенције, начелник Генералштаба и руководиоци војних служби и службе СИД Министарства спољних послова.

Председник Владе и председник Републике заједнички сазивају седницу Савета и предлажу дневни ред седнице, а наизменично председавају седницама овог тела.

Влада је на данашњој седници утврдила Предлог закона о рачуноводству и ревизији.

На седници су донете и Уредба о утврђивању програма мера за подстицање развоја пољопривредне производње за 2006. годину, Уредба о утврђивању програма изградње, реконструкције и одржавања водопривредних објеката, као и Уредба о спровођењу интерног и јавног конкурса за попуњавање радних места у државним органима.

Влада је донела Одлуку о изменама Одлуке о привременом увећању износа акциза на деривате нафте из члана 9, став 1, тачке 1. и 2. Закона о акцизама, којима се предлаже повећање износа акцизе за све врсте моторног бензина и дизел горива за по 0,3 динара по литру.

Донета је Одлука о образовању Радне групе за координацију и контролу спровођења уговора о пружању консултанских услуга приватизационог саветника за "НИС" Нови Сад.

На данашњој седници дата је сагласност на Одлуку о изменама и допунама Статута Републичког фонда за пензијско и инвалидско осигурање пољопривредника.

Влада је усвојила Информацију о донацији Европске агенције за реконструкцију за финансирање Програма подршке приватизацији и реструктурирању предузећа.

На данашњој седници усвојена је Информација о меморандуму о разумевању између Владе Републике Србије и Владе Краљевине Норвешке за примену годишњег Програма помоћи Владе Краљевине Норвешке Републици Србији за 2005. и 2006. годину.

На седници је усвојен Програм о расподели и коришћењу средстава субвенција јавним нефинансијским предузећима и организацијама у области рударства у 2006. години.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 06:00:58 AM »

Here's the source:

Celebration of Serbian Statehood Day begins in Orasac

Orasac, Feb 15, 2008 - The celebration of February 15 - the Serbian Statehood Day has begun this morning in Orasac with a liturgy in the Vaznesenja Gospodnjeg Church, attended by Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica, Minister of Religion Radomir Naumov and Minister for Kosovo-Metohija Slobodan Samardzic.

The liturgy, held by Metropolitan of Montenegro and the Littoral Amfilohije, will be followed by a procession and memorial service in the honour of leader of the First Serbian Uprising Djordje Petrovic Karadjordje in Orasac. The celebration will be concluded with the laying of laurel wreaths at the sarcophagus of Karadjordje in the Sveti Georgije Church in Oplenac.

The Serbian Army also celebrates February 15 as its holiday.

The Day of the Serbian Army will be marked with a demonstration of manoeuvres by members of the ground forces, special brigade and air force in Nis, under the name "Sretenje 2008".

Today, on the Day of Sretenje Gospodnje (the Visitation of the Virgin Mary), Serbia celebrates its Statehood Day and the Day of the Army for the second time since it became an independent state again on June 5, 2006, after 89 years.

I can't see this text...

P.S.
I see it here on the forum,but not on the link.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:37:17 AM by Kerber »

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 06:04:25 AM »
Serb history is interesting, i look forward to making some Serb Nationalist friends on this forum

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 06:38:47 AM »
Serb history is interesting, i look forward to making some Serb Nationalist friends on this forum
And you are from India?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 06:43:22 AM »
yes i'm

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
Serbian soldiers are very good guerilla fighters when unified and fighting for a common cause. If US sent ground troops into Serbia proper during the Kosovo campaign, even Vietnam would look like paradise.

There has been a lot of talk by the traitorus Boris Tadic to make the military service voluntary again rather than mandatory. In my opinion, that is a very very bad idea. Mandatory military service was first introduced after WW I because Serbs lost almost 1/4 of their male population because they were unprepared for a modern war. However, if you have a large army reserve, the chance of another repeat of 1914-1918 are much smaller.