Author Topic: The Golden Calf  (Read 2210 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
The Golden Calf
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:40:55 PM »
Although people have "free choice", aren't there right and wrong choices?  For example, didn't the "Golden Calf" represent the worship of idols? 

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Golden Calf
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:41:19 PM »
Re:  "...For example, didn't the "Golden Calf" represent the worship of idols?..."

Well...yes...and no!

Sallie "Big Sid" Tortorini, renowned entrepeneur, actually opened Golden Calf West, in Santa Monica; and also Golden Calf East, in Atlantic City.

The west coast club promoted idolatry by having pole dancers wearing thongs.  This club made the most money.

The east coast location offered a split showroom...steak dinner & no smoking on one side; thonged pole dancing on the other.  It was a "free will" strip club, because you could actually choose.

Eventually, "Big Sid" sold his Golden Calf East to highroller "Brother" Bennie Scarducci.

What started out as a "good thing", just didn't work out!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
This thread is supposed to be about those who were worshiping a "Golden Calf" in Egypt.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 01:13:52 AM »
Re:  "...This thread is supposed to be about those who were worshiping a "Golden Calf" in Egypt..."

OH!
My apologies.
I misread the original post; for some reason I thought it said something about "Little Egypt"-the dancer at "Golden Calf East".

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 09:10:22 PM »
What are you trying to say?

Have you ever seen the "Ten Commandments" movie and how some were listening to Nathan, the Egyptian while Moses was on Mt.Sinai?