Author Topic: Learning about Islam  (Read 3924 times)

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
Learning about Islam
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »
Shalom!

I'm new to the forum  :dance: so I thought I could introduce myself here and ask a question. My name is Moshe, and as my name says, I'm a Zionist of coarse. I'm 18 years old, and I really don't know much about G-d's enemies. How do you guys suggest I begin studying about Islam? What are some books to read? If I read the Koran, will it give me the proper weapon of knowledge against Moslem claims?

-Moshe

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Learning about Islam
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:59:09 AM »
This would be helpful as well            http://sahihalbukhari.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm?scn=contents
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 01:39:42 PM »
There's really nothing to learn unless you see it yourself in person...... There's reading, but then there's EXPERIENCEING.

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »
This would be helpful as well            http://sahihalbukhari.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm?scn=contents

Thank you. That is an interesting page. Can you tell me what it is exactly though? What is Sahihbukhari? It really doesn't look so bad on there. It is a lot of technical stuff. I read a lot of it, and so far, mostly I've just found rules and stuff like that. I'm going to read more later. I've also began reading the Koran.

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
There's really nothing to learn unless you see it yourself in person...... There's reading, but then there's EXPERIENCEING.

And what are your experiences? I've personally only known one moslem and that was a few years ago. His family was pretty nice, and so was he. They didn't care that I'm Jewish. So if we base this purely on experience, then I would say moslems are great- but I know this is not the case. We need to learn, to understand what is wrong with Islam. Also, I do not think all Moslems are bad. That is like saying all Jews are money-hungry because a few might be, or that all Jews are communist because some were. You cannot sterio-type people like that. But hating a religion is something different...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:03:50 AM »

Thank you. That is an interesting page. Can you tell me what it is exactly though? What is Sahihbukhari? It really doesn't look so bad on there. It is a lot of technical stuff. I read a lot of it, and so far, mostly I've just found rules and stuff like that. I'm going to read more later. I've also began reading the Koran.
Your welcome this section may be of Interest            http://sahihalbukhari.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm?scn=searchresults
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:43:39 AM »
Some Suras of interest               

* "Do not take the Jews and Christians for friends" (Surah 5:51)

* "fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness" (Surah 9:123)

* "fight those who do not believe in Allah" (Surah 9:29)

* "and fight them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah" (Surah 8:39)

* "fight them; Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace" (Surah 9:14)

* "Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them" (Surah 9:30)

* "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" (Surah 8:12)

* Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him. (Sahih Al-Bukhari 9:57)

* Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. (Koran 9:5)

* Take him and fetter him and expose him to hell fire. (Koran 69:30-37)

* I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them. (Koran 8:12)

* They (the unbelievers) should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides. (Koran 5:33)

* "Know that paradise is under the shades of swords." (Sahih al-Bukhari Vol 4 p55)

* And abasement and humiliation were brought down upon them [The Jews], and they became deserving of Allah's wrath; this was so because they disbelieved in the communications of Allah and killed the prophets unjustly; this was so because they disobeyed and exceeded the limits (Sura 2:61)

* Ignominy shall be their portion [the Jews'] wheresoever they are found... They have incurred anger from their Lord, and wretchedness is laid upon them... because they disbelieve the revelations of Allah and slew the Prophets wrongfully... because they were rebellious and used to transgress. [Surah 111, v. 112]

* They [the Jews] are the heirs of Hell.... They will spare no pains to corrupt you. They desire nothing but your ruin. Their hatred is clear from what they say ... When evil befalls you they rejoice." Ibid. [Surah 111, v. 117-120]

* And thou wilt find them [the Jews] the greediest of mankind....[Surah 11, v. 96]

* Allah hath cursed them [the Jews] for their disbelief. [Surah 4, v. 46]

* They [the Jews] spread evil in the land .... [Surah 5, v. 62-66]

* [The Jews] knowingly perverted [the word of Allah], know of nothing except lies ... commit evil and become engrossed in sin. [Surah 2, v. 71-85]

* And they [the Jews] took riba (interest on loans) though they were forbidden to do so, and they devoured the wealth of mankind wrongfully - We have prepared for those among them who are rejecters of truth, a grievous chastisement." (4:161)

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 08:49:25 AM »

And what are your experiences? I've personally only known one moslem and that was a few years ago. His family was pretty nice, and so was he. They didn't care that I'm Jewish. So if we base this purely on experience, then I would say moslems are great- but I know this is not the case. We need to learn, to understand what is wrong with Islam. Also, I do not think all Moslems are bad. That is like saying all Jews are money-hungry because a few might be, or that all Jews are communist because some were. You cannot sterio-type people like that. But hating a religion is something different...
If all your experiences are good, and you don't care about what happens in the world, then what else is there to learn? If your life is good, then why change it? However, if you are disturbed by what goes on in the world, then by all means, find out more.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »
I think we learned enough to say pIsSlam is a death cult! They want to dominate the world. As long I live they will not dominate the world!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:43:04 PM by German Kahanist »

Offline Dr. Mabuse

• New JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »
Hi--I am very new here, but if you want to get a glimpse into what islam has to offer for muslims, this is a very good place to start.

http://islamqa.com/en

"What do you think of the youth going to hair salons, and getting western hairstyles such as Versace, French and Caporia, or treating the hair to make it smooth so that it looks like a woman’s hair?."

"Praise be to Allaah. 
Going to hair salons includes many evil things which must be avoided and to which attention should be drawn. These include:

1-     Western haircuts which involve imitating the kuffaar. Whoever imitates a people is one of them.

2-     Messing about with the hair and going against the texts of sharee’ah, such as al-qaza’ which means shaving part of the head and leaving part of it; al-namas (plucking) and trimming the eyebrows, which some men do, unfortunately; shaving the beard, which is wrong; and so on.

3-     Exposing oneself to the temptation of the so-called “third sex” or homosexuals who come very close to the people sitting in the hairdresser’s chair, or press themselves against them, or do what is called “massage”, which is a great evil and abhorrent action, and a means that leads to the sin of homosexuality, Allaah forbid.

4-     Spending money on sin and wasting a lot of time because what the hairdressers do of washing and drying the hair takes too long; they even put make up on men, may Allaah protect us.

And Allaah knows best."

The religion of tolerance, and peace--bah.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »
Another book that you might find extremely interesting is "Sword Of The Prophet" by Serge Trifkovic. I believe it is still available on amazon.com. It has extremely detailed history of Islam and it's followers worldwide.

on a quick note about "Sword Of The Prophet", please go to amazon.com, do a search for the book and then just look at the reviews that readers of the book have left.....please take a close look at the names of reviewers: those who found that the book was racist and inaccurate and gave it poor reviews just happen to always be arabic names. Gee, I wonder why?