Author Topic: Good N.Y. Post opinion piece Chas of Arabia  (Read 652 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Good N.Y. Post opinion piece Chas of Arabia
« on: March 06, 2009, 09:50:41 AM »
 :::D :::D     

By RICH LOWRY

Last updated: 1:23 am
March 6, 2009
Posted: 1:18 am
March 6, 2009

NEVER let it be said that America isn't a country of remarkable openness. You can go directly from effectively working for the Saudis and Chinese to the country's top intelligence analyst. This is the career trajectory of Chas Freeman.

The Obama administration intends to make the ex-diplomat the chairman of the National Intelligence Council. Freeman was ambassador to Saudi Arabia - the world's most lucrative diplomatic posting, because the ambassadors usually end up in Saudi employ after leaving public service.

Sure enough, Freeman is president of the anti-Israel Middle East Policy Council, which might not exist without Saudi largesse. In a 2006 interview with a Saudi news outlet, he explained that the council couldn't continue without an endowment it had set up through "the generosity of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz.
"

Whatever you think of the Saudis, they spare no expense in rewarding their lap dogs.

Before he became ambassador to Saudi Arabia (and then, basically, a Saudi ambassador to the US), Freeman served in China. He parlayed his expertise to membership on the international advisory board of the China National Offshore Oil Corp. - think Exxon, except owned by a dictatorial government. CNOOC is, as Eli Lake of The Washington Times has reported, notorious for its connections to the world's nasty regimes, besides the one it serves in Beijing.

Not that that would bother Freeman. He's from the school of foreign-policy realists who think pandering to and making excuses for the world's dictators and terrorists is the sine qua non of sophistication.

The Weekly Standard unearthed an e-mail from Freeman about the Tiananmen Square massacre in which he regretted only that the Chinese hadn't cracked down faster and noted, "I do not believe it is acceptable for any country to allow the heart of its national capital to be occupied by dissidents intent on disrupting the normal functions of government." How charming.

But it's Israel that is the most intense object of Freeman's ire. He blames the Jewish state for the deadly hatred directed at it, and at us. He thinks we have paid for our support of Israel "with the blood of our citizens here at home," a reference to 9/11. After the attacks, he urged that we "examine ourselves" as we consider "what might have caused the attacks" (perhaps the worldwide export of Saudi radicalism had something to do with it?).

Whether you consider these views odious (right answer!) or courageous, Freeman is a committed partisan in the war over US foreign policy - exactly the wrong profile for a job requiring dispassionate analysis.

At the National Intelligence Council, Freeman would supervise the crafting of the National Intelligence Estimate that represents the consensus of the 16 US intelligence agencies. Whoever controls the extremely influential NIE has a large say in determining US policy.

For years now, Democrats have brayed about the "politicization" of intelligence. Their only real evidence for this charge was that Dick Cheney asked the CIA a few questions. Now, they are about to put a blinkered ideologue in the most important intelligence-analysis job in the US government, and congratulate themselves on their commitment to even- handedness and neutrality.

But the director of national intelligence, Dennis Blair, didn't tell the White House ahead of time of his intention to appoint Freeman, and even New York Sen. Chuck Schumer has qualms - giving the White House a ready excuse to dump the appointment. And it should.

Don't worry about Freeman: Presumably, his friends will take good care of him. 

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03062009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/chas_of_arabia_158203.htm
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:56:03 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Good N.Y. Post opinion piece Chas of Arabia
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »
Yeah I have seen Rich Lowry on tv and I heard him vigorously supporting israel in the face of a massive anti israel barrage by alan comes. He used to fill in for Hannity once in awhile.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:01:51 AM »
Yeah I have seen Rich Lowry on tv and I heard him vigorously supporting israel in the face of a massive anti israel barrage by alan comes. He used to fill in for Hannity once in awhile.
Me too although alan comes really just had to play the part of a leftist foil.He was a comedian
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »
Me too although alan comes really just had to play the part of a leftist foil.He was a comedian

Yes but Alan colmes truly hates Israel. I have had the unfortunate experience of hearing him on the radio and he bashes Israel every night.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:18:54 AM »

[/quote]

Yes but Alan colmes truly hates Israel. I have had the unfortunate experience of hearing him on the radio and he bashes Israel every night.
[/quote]

That is terrible. I never liked Alan Colmes EVER and am glad he's gone from Hannity's show. Why do people "bash" things they don't even KNOW anything about? Really boggles my mind, how so many people "know it all" yet know nothing. It's as if the liberals only have to yell and scream to get people to sway to their side. They act like spoiled rotten brats if you asked me, I can't stand that.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »
Spoiled brats only begins to describe liberals.

Everything is divert blame, whine, and cover up anything that might be perceived as negative about them.

It makes me want to scream!!!!!!

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 11:50:11 PM »
Spoiled brats only begins to describe liberals.

Everything is divert blame, whine, and cover up anything that might be perceived as negative about them.

It makes me want to scream!!!!!!

LOL ag, I have screamed! From now on, when they start on me, I give it right back. As long as Obamanation is doing as rotten as he is, the more they are going to pick on Rush or whatever conservative says something wrong in their eyes. When will people wake up to their tactics??????? They talk, yet nothing makes sense! >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 11:54:59 PM »

Correct. Alan Colmes is a pro-muSSlim Nazi Fakistine supporter and also truly hates Israel. He probably also is anti-Serbia and supports Kosovar muSSlim Nazi Independence.