Author Topic: 6th Graders debunk Al Gore's Global Warming Lie  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
6th Graders debunk Al Gore's Global Warming Lie
« on: March 23, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »
LONGMONT — Humans don’t cause global warming, a jury of sixth graders at Trail Ridge Middle School concluded Thursday after hearing opposing arguments from their peers.

“They’re pretty young for this kind of thinking. They did great,” paleontology teacher Ken Poppe said after the 40-minute “trial” in his classroom

With Earth’s warming accepted as a tenet, pre-teen “lawyers” and “scientists” debated whether humans have caused it.

Eleven jurors listened intently as prosecutors and defendants flashed contradictory graphs tracking global temperatures, carbon dioxide levels, polar ice cap statistics, volcanic activity and sea surface temperatures — all of which were found Wednesday in the school’s computer lab.

“The earth has warmed and cooled over many years. If it’s caused by CO2, why haven’t the charts shot up?” Poppe’s son and lead prosecutor Caleb argued during a rebuttal.

In a climax that sent half the class to its feet and forced the judge to call for order, opponent Monique Nem slapped a contradictory graph onto the prosecution’s table.

“We’ve proven you wrong! The CO2 levels have shot up,” she said.

The jury responded more warmly, however, to Caleb Poppe’s response: The graphic cited a Hawaiian source; Hawaii has volcanoes; volcanoes emit CO2.

In closing arguments, Alexia Hegy said global temperatures actually decreased in the 1960’s, while the global population rose. Humans cannot be at fault, she concluded.

With the final word, defense attorney Sarah Steed countered: “It all comes back to us, the people — not the sun, not the weather. We need to turn off lights when we don’t need them. Bikes can work. The environment can be richer.”

Seven of 11 jurors decided humans are not to blame, but everyone agreed classroom debates make for fun learning.

“It was a hard decision, because both sides made good points,” said student Samantha Roberts.

Ken Poppe said he let students choose which side of the debate to argue. Poppe personally believes global warming is cyclical and not affected by humans, while his Colorado State University student aide David Richards believes the opposite. Both, however, said they presented both sides equally to the students leading up to Thursday’s debate.

“What I think is not the issue. It’s what the students dig up and how they present the case,” Poppe said.

Only one parent questioned Poppe’s decision to hold a global warming debate. That mother expected him to present Al Gore’s global warming movie “An Inconvenient Truth” as indisputable facts, Poppe said. After he explained his neutrality in the classroom, the mom allowed her child to participate in the debate, he said.

“You don’t understand someone’s position until you can argue it to their satisfaction,” Poppe said, quoting a famous physicist. “I don’t believe in Darwinism either, but I can argue it as well as any Darwinist.”

http://www.longmontfyi.com/print.asp?ID=15357
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:47:58 PM by חטיבת גולני »

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
Re: 6th Graders debunk Al Gore's Global Warming Lie
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »
These young folks had better watch themselves.  Having those kinds of 'incorrect opinions' will adversely affect their chances of being admitted to university later on.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Din Rodef

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 05:04:17 PM »
Longmont is a majority white working class town just north of Denver CO...and near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains

Chaim has said that the Southern Whites and Rocky Mountain Whites in America are some of the best Christian conservatives in the country. I agree, I went to college with some guys from Longmont and they were definately small town/red-blooded American patriot types.

Anyhow, I'm not surprised that the 6th grade kids in Longmont are pretty smart. I hope that town is able to stay nice...there are lots of illegal aliens moving into that part of the state. There are also a lot of university brainwashed liberals moving in from Boulder and Fort Collins

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:27:35 PM »
Longmont is a majority white working class town just north of Denver CO...and near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains

Chaim has said that the Southern Whites and Rocky Mountain Whites in America are some of the best Christian conservatives in the country. I agree, I went to college with some guys from Longmont and they were definately small town/red-blooded American patriot types.

Anyhow, I'm not surprised that the 6th grade kids in Longmont are pretty smart. I hope that town is able to stay nice...there are lots of illegal aliens moving into that part of the state. There are also a lot of university brainwashed liberals moving in from Boulder and Fort Collins

Notice how the teacher, who believes global warming is a croc, gave the other side a chance to debate. Liberal teachers don't do that. They say that if you deny global warming, it is like denying the Holocaust. Liberals can't stand debate or Chaim's famous 'facts and information.'

Now listen and repeat "Al Gore good, fascist conservatives bad, Al Gore good..." 

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »

I love smart kids, they're so endearing.  :D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:06:06 AM »

Its great to hear that their are still some nice places left in America. That class and that teacher makes me feel that America still has a chance. More and more I hear stories to the opposite how teachers  impose their crooked values on the class. I had always thought that part of the country was extremely liberal its nice to know I was wrong about that.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 08:49:16 AM »

I love smart kids, they're so endearing.  :D

Very good position.  Sadly, these seem to be fewer and fewer these days as Academia becomes more and more of a closed area solely engaged in the psychological conditioning of political and social agendas.
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 01:37:34 PM »
Here is a gem of a blogsite on the crime of global warming.  Enjoy: http://www.geokarras.org/
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.