Author Topic: SC Governor: USA faces Zimbabwe-style economic collapse if it keeps spending...  (Read 914 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer

Makes sense, since we've got a Zimbabwe-style President.

S.C. governor evokes Zimbabwe in arguments against stimulus

updated 10:05 p.m. EDT, Wed March 11, 2009

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) -- The United States faces a Zimbabwe-style economic collapse if it keeps "spending a bunch of money we don't have," South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford said Wednesday.

Sanford, a Republican, has been an outspoken critic of the Obama administration's $800 billion stimulus plan. He said he'll turn down about a quarter of his state's $2.8 billion share unless Washington lets him use that money to pay down debt.

"What you're doing is buying into the notion that if we just print some more money that we don't have and send it to different states, we'll create jobs," he said. "If that's the case, why isn't Zimbabwe a rich place?"

Zimbabwe has been in the throes of an economic meltdown ever since the southern African nation embarked on a chaotic land reform program. Its official inflation rate topped 11 million percent in 2008, with its treasury printing banknotes in the trillion-dollar range to keep up with the plummeting value of its currency.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/11/stimulus.sanford/

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Oh I definitely agree!!!!  That's why I'm supporting him for the 2012 ticket.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
The only thing I could see happening is that the owners of many self hating companies like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, will use their billions to save the presidency of the first black man.  For example, look at Microsoft's unprecendented pledge to give free tech training to 2 million people.  Where was this last year?

Where was the hope that we would get through a recession before?  Now it has suddenly appeared to help Obama in every way possible by the media, businesses and liberals' volunteer time.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member

Sanford is a Jew-hating enemy of Israel. He wrote an article demanding an all-out effort to create a PLO-Hamas terrorist state, which of course, means national suicide for little Israel. His position on Israel is just as bad as that of Barack Hussein Obama, Jimmy Carter, Pat Buchanan and other notorious Jew-haters.

http://www.commongroundnews.org/article.php?id=897&lan=en&sid=0&sp=0

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn

Sanford is a Jew-hating enemy of Israel. He wrote an article demanding an all-out effort to create a PLO-Hamas terrorist state, which of course, means national suicide for little Israel. His position on Israel is just as bad as that of Barack Hussein Obama, Jimmy Carter, Pat Buchanan and other notorious Jew-haters.

This is exactly WHY Obamanation happened! People did NOT do any research before voting. How anyone can vote for someone that stands against their morals and principles is beyond me!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer

wow.  I knew there was something I didn't like about him.  When he says, "rightly or wrongly, the Arab world has grievances."  That was the most telling sentence out of the whole article.