Author Topic: Will EU knock US out?  (Read 2609 times)

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
Will EU knock US out?
« on: March 24, 2007, 01:01:56 AM »
With the US crippled by a crisis of international credibility and legitimacy, must the EU take the lead?

A European moment

Din Rodef

Re: Will EU knock US out?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 03:46:30 AM »
Yes, but only for the short term

The EU has "feet made of clay"

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 05:26:15 AM »
With the US crippled by a crisis of international credibility and legitimacy, must the EU take the lead?

A European moment
I for one hope not since the big player in that picture is Germany. I don't have to remind folks what happens in the world when that country gets to much to say about things. I saw a few things last week about the receding dollar and the rising Euro and to be honest for a day or two I was disturbed. I came to the conclusion that their are just to many forces at play right now for it to be that simple. While true the American dollar and influence isn't what it use to be I don't the EU is all that they would have us believe they are either. The world is in transition and it will be a few years until we see the whole picture. Hopefully it will be a picture where a strong America is still the dominant player.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Din Rodef

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »
I for one hope not since the big player in that picture is Germany. I don't have to remind folks what happens in the world when that country gets to much to say about things.

Two days ago, I heard a radio news broadcast that said Germany now exports more than the US.

Don't know how true that is....but it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 06:54:56 AM »
I for one hope not since the big player in that picture is Germany. I don't have to remind folks what happens in the world when that country gets to much to say about things.

Two days ago, I heard a radio news broadcast that said Germany now exports more than the US.

Don't know how true that is....but it wouldn't surprise me.
To be honest it would not surprise me either. When you think about it it really is very sad that a country like the United States that supplied the rest of the world for so many years with some of the finest goods no longer produces much. It seems like Americans are happy to be a country of burger flippers (service based economy). It doesn't make the picture for Germany all that rosy since it would not take much to surpass America in export nowdays anyway. German people are much like Americans in the fact that they will not work for a bowl of rice and be happy. Anything that comes out of Germany usually cost plenty so in that respect they are fighting the same battle we are against the third worlds cheaper labor force. I honestly don't see how either the EU or America can compeat with economies like China and India where the people work for pennies.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years