Poll

Do you like Chess? Vote

Yes
21 (84%)
No
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you like chess?  (Read 6105 times)

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
Do you like chess?
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:59:16 AM »
Shalom JTF!

I'm curious, you know the most famous chess players were Jews. The Hungarian chess champions were mostly Jews too. And I played chess for 7 years. I was 5. of the International Chess Championship of 2003, here is my diploma:

And I was student of the legendary famous Lajos Portisch who is a Hungarian-Jew.  :dance: :-[
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:17:00 PM by Jasmina »
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Do like chess?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
ProudZ,

I like Chess, my grandfather taught me; but I am not very good.
I didn't have anyone to play or practice with, because he lived far away from me.

In my home with my parents, I played a lot of Backgammon with my Father.
I still play a lot of Backgammon.
Recently, I received a beautiful handcarved wooden Backgammon set from my friend when they returned from a trip to Israel.

I'm sure that there are sites online where I can start to practice and play Chess again.
I know there are sites for playing Backgammon, so there must be for Chess too.
I am going to check it out and give it a try.

Your diploma is quite impressive.
Chess is the thinking man's game, you must be a very good player.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »
ProudZ,

I like Chess, my grandfather taught me; but I am not very good.
I didn't have anyone to play or practice with, because he lived far away from me.

In my home with my parents, I played a lot of Backgammon with my Father.
I still play a lot of Backgammon.
Recently, I received a beautiful handcarved wooden Backgammon set from my friend when they returned from a trip to Israel.

I'm sure that there are sites online where I can start to practice and play Chess again.
I know there are sites for playing Backgammon, so there must be for Chess too.
I am going to check it out and give it a try.

Your diploma is quite impressive.
Chess is the thinking man's game, you must be a very good player.

Thank you for your post. You are right, I hope you will have more time for play chess.  :dance:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Dr. Yisrael

• Full JTFer
  • we are all the same
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »
I love chess.

I often beat people who I thought were better then me?

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 04:23:29 PM »
Yes I do  :)
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Dagger

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »
http://www.chess.com

Great place to play or practice... :)

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 04:40:04 PM »
I love chess.

I often beat people who I thought were better then me?

Congratulations.  :dance:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
When I was younger I was a good opponent. I have not really played a decent game in over 20 years. I try to play against the computer from time to time.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Do you like chess?
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 06:32:59 PM »
I am addicted to chess.  There are more possible positions on a chess board than there are atoms in the universe.  I study it.  I read games and theory and I play every chance I get.  Good opponents are hard to find.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 06:37:30 PM »
I like the game but I haven't had time to play it or practice it.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 10:56:18 AM »
Wants somebody play with me chess? :dance: Im bored.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »
I like cheese, especially on pizza... But as always I will wait about six hours before eating meat after I eat some cheese. I usually have a Large green pepper & onion pizza about once a week.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 11:26:40 AM »
I like cheese, especially on pizza... But as always I will wait about six hours before eating meat after I eat some cheese. I usually have a Large green pepper & onion pizza about once a week.

:o

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
Great game but can consume to much time which can be spent on more meaningful endeavors.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 04:32:34 PM »
Great game but can consume to much time which can be spent on more meaningful endeavors.

It is very interesting game, but was invented for the ancient Indian Kings who had lot of free time on this earth to learn the war tactics on the boards. It was much before the time of Muslamic invasion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_chess

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »
www.sakk.hu

We can play here, not must Hungarian knowledge (I can translate that few words what needs).  :dance: Who wants play with me?

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 09:48:47 PM »
YESSS, but I'm not very good at it... hehe, I'll ask my grandpa for help, he's a mastermind!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 11:24:08 PM »
My therapsit taught me Chess when I was 5 years old. Seriously. Great game

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 01:07:46 AM »
YESSS, but I'm not very good at it... hehe, I'll ask my grandpa for help, he's a mastermind!

Cool. Slavs are very good chess players too, especially Russians. I can play with your grandfather too.  ;D

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 01:16:35 AM »
I played chess with my father when I was little until I beat him.  He hasn't played me since  :::D :::D :::D

But before I laugh too hard, I was beaten by a child prodigy, and haven't really played since, either  :laugh:

I play Free Cell and Tetris now,  :::D :'( ???
aka Someone Else

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 05:31:56 PM »

Cool. Slavs are very good chess players too, especially Russians. I can play with your grandfather too.  ;D

Oh, yes, we really have good brains for it, don't you think?
Yeah. Could you win? LOL, I need much more practice..... :S

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »

Indians, Jews, Slavs are the greatest chess players. Especially the Hungarian-Jews.  :dance:

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 05:51:23 PM »

Indians, Jews, Slavs are the greatest chess players. Especially the Hungarian-Jews.  :dance:

Such as yourself?

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »

Such as yourself?

Hehe...I am not the best, lol. I meant Judit Polgár(Jewish), Sándor Orgován, Portisch Lajos(Jewish), Lajos Abel(Jewish), Eszter Dudás (Jewish), Zsófia Polgár(Jewish, live in Israel), Péter Lékó (Hungarian from Vojvodina)  :) :dance:

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »

Such as yourself?

Hehe...I am not the best, lol. I meant Judit Polgár(Jewish), Sándor Orgován, Portisch Lajos(Jewish), Lajos Abel(Jewish), Eszter Dudás (Jewish), Zsófia Polgár(Jewish, live in Israel), Péter Lékó (Hungarian from Vojvodina)  :) :dance:

Zsofia Polgar is an amateur when compared to her sister Judit.  But don't forget the eastern Eurpoean Jewish chess players.