Author Topic: More Dangers Of Pork  (Read 12283 times)

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
More Dangers Of Pork
« on: March 15, 2009, 09:40:19 AM »
I want to emphasize that Kashruth has proven biological basis and is not on a par with catholics not eating meat on Fridays.

See the work of Doctor David Macht. He proved that treif food has a far higher level of toxicity than Kosher food. This man made many strides in the field of medicine and was one of the best doctors of the last century –

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/hollymick/Macht1953.pdf

Its common sense that the pig is not something you should eat. Why is pork the cheapest type of meat? If you ever saw pigs you would never dream of eating them. Here are some videos of pigs. You might want to keep a bucket nearby! –

(please excuse the islamic religious content. This is the best the internet has to offer and gets the point across anyway)

Heres a good article on the dangers of pork by Doctor John Harvey Kellogg the inventor of corn flakes –

http://www.giveshare.org/Health/porkeatdanger.html

One of my favorite quotes. Wise guys who say “pork is alright if cooked at 70 degrees celsius” take note –

“Surely, dead worms cannot kill any one; but it must be delightful for the pork-eater to contemplate his ham or sausage with the reflection that he is partaking of a diet of worms. The Frenchman sometimes eats earthworms; the African relishes lizards; and one philosopher so far overcame his natural prejudices as to eat spiders. "How disgusting!" you say, and you shut your eyes and swallow a million monsters at a meal, because they are cooked and so cannot bite. The louse-eating Patagonian cannot equal that. But it should be remembered that in order that the parasite should be killed, every part of the meat must be subjected to a heat of at least 2l2° which is quite difficult to do, and is seldom accomplished. A whole family was poisoned by eating pork-chops, which were well cooked upon the outside.”

There are wise guys that point out that chickens eat excrement and worms too yet they are Kosher. True but unlike the pig the chicken has a unique crop and gizzard digestive arrangement which adequately purifies everything it eats. The pig has only one stomach and the bigger quantity of excrement and worms it eats is turned into flesh after only 4 hours. Also unlike pork, chicken is far healthier and has far less fat.

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

http://www.youtube.com/user/SefardicPanther

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
Re: More Dangers Of Pork
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »
Unlike all of the Kosher animals pigs are biologically similar to humans. Therefore they are among the few animals that can spread diseases to humans. As the recent swine flu pandemic clearly demonstrates.

In pig farms dozens and dozens of pigs are packed closely together. The pigs must be constantly feed medication to minimize the spread of disease which is a high risk when so many pigs are crowded together. Influenza (the common cold as well as swine flu) is one of the most famous  diseases which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer and affects pigs and humans in the winter. Pork sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat sausages tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza.

It is a known fact that the Jews in europe were largely unaffected by the black death. The black death happened long before the so called “haskalah” so its interesting to note that all Jews in europe at that time kept Kosher.

Does anyone here know that Rabbeinu Bahya Ben Asher who lived in the middle ages knew about trichinosis? I was told that in Kad HaKemah he specifically said that treif damages the body.

This is a very interesting question for any baalei teshuva here. Did you get ill more often when you ate pork?

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:13:58 PM »
Unlike all of the Kosher animals pigs are biologically similar to humans. Therefore they are among the few animals that can spread diseases to humans. As the recent swine flu pandemic clearly demonstrates.

In pig farms dozens and dozens of pigs are packed closely together. The pigs must be constantly feed medication to minimize the spread of disease which is a high risk when so many pigs are crowded together. Influenza (the common cold as well as swine flu) is one of the most famous  diseases which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer and affects pigs and humans in the winter. Pork sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat sausages tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza.

It is a known fact that the Jews in europe were largely unaffected by the black death. The black death happened long before the so called “haskalah” so its interesting to note that all Jews in europe at that time kept Kosher.

Does anyone here know that Rabbeinu Bahya Ben Asher who lived in the middle ages knew about trichinosis? I was told that in Kad HaKemah he specifically said that treif damages the body.

This is a very interesting question for any baalei teshuva here. Did you get ill more often when you ate pork?

I would think that the laws of Lashon Hara would prevent a righteous Baal Teshuva from discussing his aveirahs in public lest he be reminded of his nefarious past.

I must be a lucky Baal Teshuva because although I can say I have witnessed much sin I have never had a taste for pork, as in ham or sausage. I do know that the smell of bacon is very enticing and I have tasted it. We currently get kosher Turkey bacon which is a good substitute.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
I do not intend to remind any baalei teshuva of their past. My only question is are baalei teshuva healthier now that they keep Kosher? Asking baalei teshuva is the only possible way to know this and I am actually speaking in the present tense.

I think this ia a far less inappropriate before and after question than the before and after question that male converts are often asked.

I did’nt know you were a Baal Teshuva muman613. Mazel tov!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »
I do not intend to remind any baalei teshuva of their past. My only question is are baalei teshuva healthier now that they keep Kosher? Asking baalei teshuva is the only possible way to know this and I am actually speaking in the present tense.

I think this ia a far less inappropriate before and after question than the before and after question that male converts are often asked.

I did’nt know you were a Baal Teshuva muman613. Mazel tov!!!

I was Bar Mitzvahed in Conservative shul and went off the derek for almost 20 years.

I had a threesome of catastrophy back in 2003 when I had lost a job, got divorced, and suffered the loss of my brother in 9/11. All three things virtually sent me into a serious depression and back to a life of disrepute.

Thank Hashem that I found a shul where I live and established connections with the Orthodox community in this remote {from Jewish life} town near Napa, CA.

I have turned my life back around and feel much better spiritually. I have been increasing Mitzvah observance year after year, although there is still much progress to be made. I did start with outward manifestations such as tzittzits, peyot & beard, and kippah. Once I started to do that, it forced me to go kosher and put up mezzuzahs and daven with tefillin more regularly. I also attend Shabbat minyan and enjoy Torah services with my group.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I would be interested to know your story, were you born frum or are you a BT too?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »
May G-d avenge the murder of your brother.

Sefardim are either observant or hiloni there is no “conservative” or “reform” or whatever.

I called myself “Sefardic Panther” on this forum because I supported the Israeli Black Panther party. I was going to call myself Black Panther but I don’t think that would have went over well!

I take it you are a Breslaver. I also study the writings of Rebbe Nachman and say the Tiqun Ha Klali.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »
May G-d avenge the murder of your brother.

Sefaradim are either observant or hiloni there is no “conservative” or “reform” or whatever.

I called myself “Sefardic Panther” on this forum because I supported the Israeli Black Panther party. I was going to call myself Black Panther but I don’t think that would have went over well!

I take it you are a Breslaver. I also study the writings of Rebbe Nachman and say the Tiqun Ha Klali.

My family, from my fathers side, came from Uman and I believe they were religious when they came to America. My family has mostly assimilated yet Ive been called back. I am so lucky that my parents had the need to give me and my brother Bar Mitzvah. Unfortunately my brother rejected his heritage when he was old enough. I hope that he would have done teshuva had he lived.

I am very inclined for Breslev chassidus. Unfortunately I do not come in contact with any Breslev rabbis. I do enjoy holidays and Shabbat sometimes with Chabad Lubavitch Chassidus. One of my favorite Rabbis I listen to is Rabbi Lazer Brody who is the english Rabbi for Rabbi Shalom Arush the leading rabbi for a branch of Breslev. I am sure you are aware of http://www.breslev.co.il/default.aspx .

One of these days I will make the journey to Uman for Rosh Hashana. My last name is Uman and I am reminded of the holy Rabbi every day.

Here is a link to a memorial for my brother : http://www.legacy.com/Sept11/Story.aspx?PersonID=121758 .
http://books.google.com/books?id=xbkp-ocNfIwC&pg=PA210&lpg=PA210&dq=jonathan+uman&source=bl&ots=H6D2ciGdVF&sig=vneW92935VaSrnGP9vOnjI-l8Wg&hl=en&ei=vQn6Sae8AoeGtgPpg7XWAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#PPA210,M1

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »
A few Kosher ingredients: margarine, artificial flavor enhancers, petroleum based 'food' (ie chewing gum), deep fried food, MG, all sort of E-xxx 'food grade' chemicals.

Pig meat got nothing on them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
A few Kosher ingredients: margarine, artificial flavor enhancers, petroleum based 'food' (ie chewing gum), deep fried food, MG, all sort of E-xxx 'food grade' chemicals.

Kosher does not imply healthy at all. But there is good reason for pig to be unkosher. You just are looking for excuses to mock kashrut.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 05:32:53 PM »
Unlike all of the Kosher animals pigs are biologically similar to humans. Therefore they are among the few animals that can spread diseases to humans.

Oh really?  Does that mean birds can't spread diseases to humans since they are so dissimilar while pigs are of course so similar to humans?  LOL.    In case you're not sure what I'm referring to, think avian bird flu.

You shouldn't just type stuff you don't understand in order to try to draw people to Judaism.  There is a fine line between kiruv and sheker.  In the end, sheker is what drives people AWAY from Judaism, not towards it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 05:36:41 PM »

Margarine is horrible for one's health.   Butter isn't healthy either, but it's healthier than margarine if you're going to use one or the other.   You're right in what you're saying, that kosher food does not necessarily mean "healthy" food by default.  One has to have daas.   Rambam wrote at lengths about keeping a healthy diet and recommending people to do so.  If kosher food magically did this for us, he wouldn't have had to say anything.   But he knew better, and so do we.    If you make kosher fried foods all the time, you're damaging your health. 

And it is not necessarily so that the TREIF foods are treif because they are "unhealthy."  Not necessarily so, I would tend to think, NOT the reason at all.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »
The next war will be fought with Bacon. 

There is a muzzie school in Alpharetta and it is located in a strip mall right next to the McDonalds that I stop at every morning. I get my iced coffee and an order of bacon. I then drive past the school and throw the bacon out on the sidewalk in front of the school. They hate me as well because I have a large Israeli flag on the back window of my truck. Life it good.

God is just way to good to us.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »

There is a muzzie school in Alpharetta and it is located in a strip mall right next to the McDonalds that I stop at every morning. I get my iced coffee and an order of bacon. I then drive past the school and throw the bacon out on the sidewalk in front of the school. They hate me as well because I have a large Israeli flag on the back window of my truck. Life it good.

G-d is just way to good to us.

I would hate you too if you did that in front of my house, or my shul. I used to love bacon but because I have been kosher for six years I try hard to avoid it. The only respite is Turkey bacon which is close but not quite the taste of the real thing.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »
Well if you eat pork you could get swine flu. I hope Obama is having Pork Chops right now. That Uppity [censored] can't resist.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 11:24:22 PM »
Well if you eat pork you could get swine flu. I hope Obama is having Pork Chops right now. That Uppity schvartza can't resist.

You will not get swine flu from eating pork

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 11:24:50 PM »
God willing he will
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 12:49:59 AM »
Well if you eat pork you could get swine flu. I hope Obama is having Pork Chops right now. That Uppity schvartza can't resist.

You might get Tricky Noses...

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 03:16:12 AM »

Margarine is horrible for one's health.   Butter isn't healthy either, but it's healthier than margarine if you're going to use one or the other.   You're right in what you're saying, that kosher food does not necessarily mean "healthy" food by default.  One has to have daas.   Rambam wrote at lengths about keeping a healthy diet and recommending people to do so.  If kosher food magically did this for us, he wouldn't have had to say anything.   But he knew better, and so do we.    If you make kosher fried foods all the time, you're damaging your health. 

And it is not necessarily so that the TREIF foods are treif because they are "unhealthy."  Not necessarily so, I would tend to think, NOT the reason at all.
You understood my point exactly. I am not mocking Kashroot. ANd I am not looking for excuses. In fact I keep Kosher by default since I am vegan. 

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 06:10:27 AM »

I would hate you too if you did that in front of my house, or my shul. I used to love bacon but because I have been kosher for six years I try hard to avoid it. The only respite is Turkey bacon which is close but not quite the taste of the real thing.

Muman, I would only throw flowers in front of your house.   ;D

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 08:19:17 AM »

You might get Tricky Noses...

:::D That's funny. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »

Muman, I would only throw flowers in front of your house.   ;D

I would appreciate that... I love flowers... It is such a beautiful spring up here in NorCal and my yard is blooming now. I also love the fragrance of Lilac which I smell on my drive to work each day. Springtime is always so beautiful it is an inspiration.

Thank you

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 09:27:38 PM »
Kahane-Was-Right BT Torah repeatedly says that the pig is the ultimate symbol of treif and now the pig is proven to be flooded with all kinds of deadly diseases. Do you think this is a coincidence?

And yes I do know about avian bird flu but the diseases from Kosher animals are not as common or as lethal as the diseases from treif animals.

Since you mention avian bird flu here are articles that say bird flu may have originated from pig farming –

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/aug/24/health.birdflu1

http://www.planetark.org/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/34207/story.htm

I am sick and tired of hearing atheist ignorami saying that “it is so weird to let a religion tell you what you can and can’t eat” and “why don’t you move into the 21st century and eat some pork?”. Remember not so long ago everybody smoked cigarettes and anyone who did’nt was looked down on. But that soon changed! Just as there is now published scientific findings linking smoking with lung cancer in years to come there may be more published scientific findings linking pork consumption with influenza, obesity, arthritis and cancer. Look at how the Americans and the British are obsessed with weight loss. Is it a coincidence that they eat more pork than any other meat and they have such a big problem with obesity?

No one has answered my question yet. Do baalei teshuva get colds or any other illnesses less often now? A few answers would help settle this debate either way.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 06:21:37 PM »
Torah repeatedly says that the pig is the ultimate symbol of treif

REALLY?  The ultimate symbol of treif ?  Where does it say that exactly?   Can you quote me the pasuk (verse)?  Perhaps you are confusing our religion with l'havdil of all l'havdil's the satanic cult, Islam.

I am sick and tired of hearing atheist ignorami saying that “it is so weird to let a religion tell you what you can and can’t eat”

You may be sick and tired of hearing their arguments, but that doesn't give you license to just type whatever you want in order to refute them.  Refute them honestly and with knowledge rather than ignorance.

No one has answered my question yet. Do baalei teshuva get colds or any other illnesses less often now? A few answers would help settle this debate either way.

Do you really think there's been a study?   How could someone make such a claim?  How could they prove it?   Even if this was true, why SHOULD this be true?   A righteous person's reward is not limited to solely in this world.   There are plenty of good people who still suffer here.  People who do teshuvah, and even people who are righteous all their life.   But their reward will come in the next world.   And someone succeeding here or "getting fewer colds" is not necessarily a sign that they are in any way favored or righteous.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »
I do agree that it would not make sense that Kashrut is intended for health benefits. I think it is good that in many cases Kashrut has led to more healthy eating. I am glad it is not Kosher to eat bugs and creeping things as I am sure they probrobly carry a lot of germs. But it is said that Kashrut is very, very important to the divine soul.

Here is some Chochma concerning Kashrut

Whosoever eats forbidden foods…
1) Is judged as a despised person since Hashem loathes him in this world and the world to come. (Zohar-part III, 41.)
2) Defiles his soul (ibid) (Reishis Chochma)
3) Will suffer much since all of a man's suffering in this world is because he was not scrupulous in the observance of kashrut. (ibid, 42)
4) Attaches his soul to the forces of impurity and a spirit of defilement rests upon him. (Ibid)
5) Leaves the sphere of holiness and enters a sphere of impurity. (ibid, 42)
6) Woe unto him and woe unto his soul. He has not attached himself to those of the eternal life. (ibid, 41)

IT IS AS IF HE WORSHIPS IDOLS
7) Is as though he has a worshipped idols G-d forbid. (ibid,)
8) Has no part of the G-d of Israel (ibid, 41)
9) Will have his face take on the appearance of a wild animal. (Zohar part II, 125)
10) Is as though his soul has left him and he remains a living corpse and is considered evil. (Chasam Sofer Parshas Shmini)
11) Has entered within him thoughts of atheism and heresy. (Rambam)
12) Unintentionally defiles his soul; with intent – his soul becomes like that of a lizard. (Or Hachayim Shmini)

HE PROLONGS THE EXILE
13) Prolongs the coming of the Mashiach, (Bris Mateh Moshe)
14) Does not belong to Hashem (Rashi on the verse A Holy Nation")
15) Forces his soul to become subservient to the body and its physical environs. (Sefas Emes, Parshes Shmini) 36) even though he merely is lenient in something which requires stringency, defiles his soul and is unable to comprehend the ideas of the Torah. (Meor Veshemesh)
16) Will see his children turn to evil ways. (Igre D pirke 126)

HE WILL COMMIT OTHER SEVERE SINS
17) Will commit other severe sins and will fall prey to the evils of the gentile world. (Divrei Yoel Parshas Shmini).
18) Even rabinically forbidden foods, brings one to further sins (Kav Hayashor, Avot D'rabeinu Noson chap. 15)
19) Creates an impurity in his heart and soul (Mesilat Yesharim)
20) Feeds his body with prohibited objects. Eventually his body will become filled with all types of impurity. (Nidchai Israel chap. 29)
21) Will have impurity become another limb on his body. (Reishis Chochmo Shar Hakedusho chap. 17)

HE CAN NEVER BE PURIFIED AND DESTROYS HIS SHARE IN THE WORLD TO COME
22) Can never be purified and destroys his share of this world and the world to come. (Yesh S'char pg. 42)
23) Because of minimal impurity one can be brought to the depths of Gehinomm. (Arugath Habosem)
24) Most apikorsim (heretics) have become so due to eating neveilos and treifos. (Chasam Sofer Kdoshim)
25) Because of unsuitable shochtim, Jews are unable to earn a livelihood. (Likutei Moharan)

ENTIRE JEWISH COMMUNITIES HAVE BEEN LOST THROUGH THIS SIN

26) There is no sin so severe as forbidden foods, since entire Jewish communities were lost and turned to evil ways because of eating treifos and neveilos. (Divrei Chayim-Yoreh Deah)
27) Will find it impossible to pray with the proper devotion and intention (Or Haganuz - Parshas Toldos)

THOSE WHO STUMBLE THROUGH FORBIDDEN FOODS BECOME INSOLENT PEOPLE AND ARE THOSE WHO DON’T FEAR G-D

28) The majority of insolent people in every generation, failing in yiras shomayim (fear of Hashem) and non-acceptance of rebuke come about by eating forbidden foods. (Pri Chadash -Yoreh Deah 81)
29) Will become a heretic and evil. (Shulchan hatohor quoting the Ari z.l)
30) Is held captive by his own impurity and is thus unable to ascend to holiness. He is unable to separate himself from his impurity until he is buried in the grave or through consistent penitence and fasting. (Sefer Tfila Lemoshe, chap. 68)
31) Even unknowingly, needs to repent for the wrong he has done. (Sifrei Chasidim in the name of the holy Baal Shem Tov)

The whole matter of death in this world came about because of the sin of eating something that was forbidden, the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge As it is written (Bereshit 2:17): “But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it; for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die”. As a direct result of it, death was brought onto the world to all men for all generations.
The Ramban

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 10:03:10 PM »
I eat pork every now and then, but I eat a lot of oatmeal.