Author Topic: The great orator suddenly cannot read his teleprompter.  (Read 564 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
The great orator suddenly cannot read his teleprompter.
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:29:13 AM »
A little levity for your day:  The comments at the end of this story (if this link works) mentioned something in the ongoing battle between Obama and Limbaugh ..... As you may have heard, Limbaugh has an open challenge to debate Obama on his radio show.  Apparently, Limbaugh has modified that challenge to now involve a debate w/ Obama's teleprompter.

Can you imagine if GWB had pulled a bonehead play like this one?  Honestly, I don't grasp how this guy is considered as such a great intellect.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Barack-Obama-Thanks-Himself-In-Teleprompt-Blunder-During-Address-With-Irish-PM-On-St-Patricks-Day/Article/200903315243932?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15243932_Barack_Obama_Thanks_Himself_In_Teleprompt_Blunder_During_Address_With_Irish_PM_On_St_Patricks_Day

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: The great orator suddenly cannot read his teleprompter.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »
THAT WAS FUNNY THE IRISH PM MUST HAVE REALLY REALIZED OBAMAS AN IDIOT
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: The great orator suddenly cannot read his teleprompter.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »
Ithaca,

I don't know that Obama is considered a great intellect.

I do know a lot of people (Obama supporters and non supporters) consider him to be a great orator, because of the manner he speaks with deliberate pauses and tonal influxes.

Now, due to this article you have given a link to, we know he is not even a good orator even with a teleprompter.
As evident with this incident, that he does not know what he will be reading on the teleprompter and inturn, making a bonehead move and reading the wrong part on the teleprompter.

And one more item that I take issue with in this article, is when Obama made the comment that if his ancestry was traced we would find Irish blood in his heritage.

I have never seen a President that finds it so necessary to equate himself to any/every group of people he is dealing with at that particular moment.