Author Topic: Venezuela's Chavez calls Obama 'ignorant'  (Read 628 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Venezuela's Chavez calls Obama 'ignorant'
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Sunday called President Barack Obama "ignorant," saying he has a lot to learn about Latin America.

The Venezuelan leader said he had been ready to name a new ambassador in Washington when Obama took office, but put that on hold after the new U.S. president accused him of "exporting terrorism" and being an obstacle to progress in the region.

"At least one could say, 'poor ignorant person,'" Chavez said on his weekly television and radio program, adding that Obama "should read a little bit so that he learns about ... the reality of Latin America."

U.S. National Security Council spokesman Mike Hammer declined to comment on Chavez's statements.

Chavez's relations with Washington grew increasingly strained under former President George W. Bush. The Venezuelan president expelled the U.S. ambassador and withdrew his envoy from Washington in September. Top diplomats have yet to be restored at either embassy.

Chavez and Obama both plan to attend a summit of leaders from across the Americas next month in Trinidad and Tobago. There, Chavez said he will make a case for Cuba to be included in regional talks, saying "we can no longer continue to accept the impositions of the U.S. empire."

"We ask only for respect for Venezuela, nothing else," Chavez said. "If Obama respects us, we'll respect him. If Obama tries to keep disrespecting Venezuela, we will confront the U.S. empire."

Chavez said he showed some of the U.S. administration's critical remarks about him to U.S. Rep. William Delahunt when the Massachusetts Democrat visited Caracas last week.

"They keep pointing to me as the bad boy, as the one who attacks," Chavez said. "Who started the attack first? Obama."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090323/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_venezuela_us

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
Re: Venezuela's Chavez calls Obama 'ignorant'
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:49:42 PM »
This man might be crazy, but there are some things I do agree with him.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:44 PM »
They are two pees in a pod.  They are both Marxists.  One is just a bit more open about it.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 10:19:10 PM »
Chavez is right about one thing.
Obama is not only ignorant about Latin America, but he is ignorant about everything else.
He is clueless about world cultures, governments, and reality.

For all of Obama's schooling, he hasn't learned anything of use to be a qualified leader of a country.
He is a buffoon, no class, no tact, and no morals.
His affirmative action schooling did not teach him anything of realistic or practical use.

I don't like Chavez, but he has a point "Obama is ignorant" in every sense of the word.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:20:59 PM »
Obama is not only ignorant about Latin America, but he is ignorant about everything else.

For all of Obama's schooling, he hasn't learned anything of use to be a qualified leader of a country.
His affirmative action schooling did not teach him anything of realistic or practical use.

I don't like Chavez, but he has a point "Obama is ignorant" in every sense of the word.

On this subject... I have had REALLY bad experiences with blacks in the medical field.  I assume they all got their positions out of drastic affirmative action.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:53:56 AM »
They are two pees in a pod.  They are both Marxists.  One is just a bit more open about it.

Very true.    The worst part of the situation relates to what ag337.     Barack Hussein Obama is incompetent.   

The combination of Obama being incompetent and being a marxist is a recipe'  for disaster for the United States of America.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 03:28:07 AM »

On this subject... I have had REALLY bad experiences with blacks in the medical field.  I assume they all got their positions out of drastic affirmative action.

Wait, I thought they were all geniuses like on E.R. ???

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 03:34:49 AM »
This is an interesting story.  Obama would only criticize Chavez to fool the dumb moderates that he is actually pro American.  This was all for show but it may have backfired because Chavez is unpredictable and has a fragile ego.