Author Topic: Israel military condemns anti-Palestinian T-shirts  (Read 7491 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Israel military condemns anti-Palestinian T-shirts
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »
JERUSALEM – Israel's military condemned on Monday T-shirts worn by soldiers that depict scenes of violence against Palestinians as the army faces increasing domestic criticism over its conduct during the recent Gaza war.

The T-shirts, ordered by troops to mark the end of basic training and other military courses, were worn by a number of enlisted men in different units, the daily Haaretz newspaper reported. They were not made or sanctioned by the military.

One depicts a child in the cross-hairs of a rifle with the slogan, "The smaller they are, the harder it is," said one of T-shirts shown in Haaretz. Another shows a pregnant woman in the cross-hairs and the words "1 Shot 2 Kills." Others depict a soldier blowing up a mosque and Palestinian women weeping over a gravestone.

The Tel Aviv factory that made many of the shirts, Adiv, refused to comment.

The shirts "are not in accordance with IDF values and are simply tasteless," the army said in a statement. "This type of humor is unbecoming and should be condemned."

The statement said disciplinary action would be taken against troops wearing the T-shirts.

The Israeli military has been facing increased criticism at home for its conduct in Gaza in the aftermath of published testimony from several unidentified soldiers released last week.

The soldiers' testimony described troops killing Palestinian civilians, including children, by hastily opening fire under relaxed rules of engagement. The soldiers also reported the wanton destruction of civilian property.

The three-week Gaza offensive, launched to end years of rocket fire at Israeli towns, ended on Jan. 18. According to Palestinian officials, around 1,400 Palestinians were killed, most of them civilians. Thirteen Israelis died, three of them civilians.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090323/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_shocking_shirts

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Israel military condemns anti-Palestinian T-shirts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »
Tasteless to say the least.

These t-shirts should be banned.
The soldiers who wear/wore these shirts should also receive some sort of punishment.

I don't understand the mentality of these soldiers who want to draw negative attention to the army they serve in and the country they represent.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 12:05:09 PM »

The soldiers who wear/wore these shirts should also receive some sort of punishment.

I don't understand the mentality of these soldiers who want to draw negative attention to the army they serve in and the country they represent.
Are you crazy? Would you also object to shirts with dead SS members on them?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »

Where can I get one of those t-shirts?
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »

Depicting children in the crosshairs of a gun and joking about how hard it is to kill them...seems beneath decent people.  Even if it is a fact about a war on terror that children, do, and will die.
I know that won't be a popular sentiment here. 
As a mother...it's how I feel.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:40:27 PM »
I made my previous comment about the soldiers wearing the anti Palestinian shirts, with a different point in mind.

With all the recent reports coming out from Israeli soldiers stating how the Israeli armies were slaughtering civilians in Gaza.
I feel that it would be better not to add fuel to the fire.
Because as we all know, the unchained liberal media will latch on to this story, run with it, turning it into something it isn't, as well as validating the soldiers' accounts of inhumane treatment of the Gazan civilians.
And we all know that this will spread like wildfire throughout the world through every media outlet.
Making Israel look like the enemy and Hamas as the poor victims.

Anyone who has read any of my posts, knows I am against Arabs living in Israel and that I have extreme hatred for Islam in any form.

Just as Muslims use propaganda to their advantage, Israel should do the same, that's why I said the soldiers should not wear or use discretion when wearing these type of shirts.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:31:05 PM »
I made my previous comment about the soldiers wearing the anti Palestinian shirts, with a different point in mind.

With all the recent reports coming out from Israeli soldiers stating how the Israeli armies were slaughtering civilians in Gaza.
I feel that it would be better not to add fuel to the fire.
Because as we all know, the unchained liberal media will latch on to this story, run with it, turning it into something it isn't, as well as validating the soldiers' accounts of inhumane treatment of the Gazan civilians.
And we all know that this will spread like wildfire throughout the world through every media outlet.
Making Israel look like the enemy and Hamas as the poor victims.

Anyone who has read any of my posts, knows I am against Arabs living in Israel and that I have extreme hatred for Islam in any form.

Just as Muslims use propaganda to their advantage, Israel should do the same, that's why I said the soldiers should not wear or use discretion when wearing these type of shirts.
I think that goes without saying for most of us on this forum.

In my case, I don't agree with depicting any child in this way.  I would hope that is what makes me different then the terrorists in Palestine.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
Bullcat,

Exactly my point, I am glad you understand what I was trying to convey.

We are better than Muslims.
And it is important that we do not give them the amunition they want.
For them killing innocent women and children means nothing, no value.

We are far more humane as well as human about the value of life, especially our precious children.  Muslims are missing the emmpathy factor for children, that is what sets us apart from these animals.
There is no reason to stoop to their disgusting level.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »
A hundred thousand Muslim children, even unborn babies, aren't worth a Jewish (or righteous Gentile) hangnail. I can tell you that what the Tanach, or OT of the Bible, commands the Jews to do with Amalek is a lot more medieval than what is on those shirts.

I know what you are saying Bullcat, but the good people have been "better" than the terrorists for 60 years now and it's time to take the gloves off and respond to Amalek in the only language they can understand (and I don't mean Arabic).

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
The truth is, in the Gaza war, there were many instances of old fat arab women hiding explosives under their big islamic-duffel-bag clothing and these were realities that soldiers had to face of women and children being used as traps to lure in the soldiers to dangerous situations and become sabotaged if they had any compassion on what seemed to be not dangerous terrorists, but what really were part of the enemy forces.   I know from first-hand accounts that this happened.   This is a hamas/fatah Islamic terrorist tactic.   

And thus while the humor of the shirts may be tasteless and may make light of a very serious problem (ie, islamic civilians being used as booby traps in terrorist armed warfare against Jewish soldiers), nonetheless the messages are indeed true, it is harder to do, yet real soldiers were willing to follow their orders to do it in order to protect themselves and their fellow soldiers.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »
The reason Israel's existence is threatened is because more Israeli soldiers are willing to ethnically cleanse Jews than treat Amalek like the Bible commands them to.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 07:17:44 PM »
I don't think people on this board should judge these courageous men for having tshirts against our enemy, and furthermore, I don't think there should EVER be any sort of legitimization or humanization of an enemy that wants to destroy the Jewish people.  

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »
BEAUTIFUL SLOGANS!! MY FAVORITE IS THE PREGNANT WOMEN "1 Shot two kills"
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
I WANT ONE! Where can they be bought?!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »
A hundred thousand Muslim children, even unborn babies, aren't worth a Jewish (or righteous Gentile) hangnail. I can tell you that what the Tanach, or OT of the Bible, commands the Jews to do with Amalek is a lot more medieval than what is on those shirts.

I know what you are saying Bullcat, but the good people have been "better" than the terrorists for 60 years now and it's time to take the gloves off and respond to Amalek in the only language they can understand (and I don't mean Arabic).

I can't argue with anything in your post, C.F..

My heart still feels for the children though.
I bet they could have T-Shirts with the same impact, without going there.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »
Bullcat,

Exactly my point, I am glad you understand what I was trying to convey.

We are better than Muslims.
And it is important that we do not give them the amunition they want.
For them killing innocent women and children means nothing, no value.

We are far more humane as well as human about the value of life, especially our precious children.  Muslims are missing the emmpathy factor for children, that is what sets us apart from these animals.
There is no reason to stoop to their disgusting level.
I do understand what you were trying to say.
It is beyond my comprehension, how these terrorist can hate so much, that they destroy even their own children in the process.
I pray that I am never reduced to that level.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 12:09:53 AM »
These "children" would slit your throat and keep walking if they could. They are demons, not human beings.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 04:08:47 AM »
If a couple hundred Arab devilcubs were treated as the Bible commands, their parents would dreck their drawers.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 04:44:53 AM »
These "children" would slit your throat and keep walking if they could. They are demons, not human beings.
They would.  It doesn't change how I feel.  Target the adults.  Get to the real root of the problem. If they are caught in the 'crosshairs', oh well.  I still couldn't set out to kill them or joke about it.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 04:47:25 AM »
In my case, I don't agree with depicting any child in this way.  I would hope that is what makes me different then the terrorists in Palestine.

Where ??

When you refer to occupied Jewish land as 'Palestine' the terrorists have already won an important battle.

I understand you want to differentiate yourself from the Arabs occupying Jewish land that gleefully murder children, but it's self-defeating to adopt their lexicon.

Using the term 'Palestine' only encourages the Arab mass murderers to kill more Jewish children in order to establish their mythical homeland.

Please refrain from doing so in the future.   

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:05 AM »

Where ??

When you refer to occupied Jewish land as 'Palestine' the terrorists have already won an important battle.

I understand you want to differentiate yourself from the Arabs occupying Jewish land that gleefully murder children, but it's self-defeating to adopt their lexicon.

Using the term 'Palestine' only encourages the Arab mass murderers to kill more Jewish children in order to establish their mythical homeland.

You can pick apart what I wrote MuckDeFuslims.  I may have misspoken...but I'm too old to have you tell me to refrain from anything.  Maybe my Mother could have done that once upon a time.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 05:30:38 AM »
I don't think people on this board should judge these courageous men for having tshirts against our enemy, and furthermore, I don't think there should EVER be any sort of legitimization or humanization of an enemy that wants to destroy the Jewish people. 
This is my last post in this thread.  I, speaking only for myself, would never sit in judgement of those courageous men and women for having a t-shirt against OUR enemy.  I was only commenting on the T-Shirt itself.  I would defend THEIR right to wear it, even if I disagreed with the sentiment.   So please don't make it sound like I was attacking the Israeli military men and women.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 06:02:44 AM »

Where ??

You can pick apart what I wrote MuckDeFuslims.  I may have misspoken...but I'm too old to have you tell me to refrain from anything.  Maybe my Mother could have done that once upon a time.

I'm not trying to be your mother.

I didn't tell you to do anything. I asked you to please refrain from using the term 'Palestine'.

Nor did I 'pick apart' what you wrote. I simply quoted you and explained why we shouldn't adopt the language of our enemies.

We're never too old to make mistakes or take good advice.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 08:04:43 AM »

There is no such nation as Amalek today. The descendants of Amalek are dispersed among all nations, including the Jews themselves.

That is why deliberate killing of so-called "Palestinians" or Germans of Nazi era JUST BECAUSE THEY BELONG TO THAT NATIONS is absolutely forbidden by Torah Law. Because there is a chance that same person is not Amaleki.

If an unarmed enemy is ACCIDENTALLY killed, it is not a murder. War is war, and no army in the world can perform without any accidental civilian loss. Any other army would kill much more civilians than IDF, just compare the civilian loss to that inflicted by American, Russian, etc. armies and you'll see the difference.

The same is true when armed enemy teenagers are killed by our soldiers. Soldier has a right and obligation to kill the enemy no matter how old he/she is. His/her life is not any more precious than that of the soldier. The responsibility for teenagers deaths is solely on those who use the - Hamas, Hizbullah, etc. Israel should start a campaign to charge these organizations in crimes against humanity for the use of teenagers  and children in their military operations and as human shield.

But deliberate killing of so-called "Palestinians", no matter what age,  JUST BECAUSE THEY BELONG TO THAT NATION is absolutely forbidden by Torah Law.

On the other hand, I do not think the soldiers should be punished for wearing such T-shirts. It is very easy to sit in New York or Los Angeles and to speculate about morality and good taste. When you are fighting in the enemy midst and see their ugly nature, when they kill your friends, it is very hard to control emotions. The soldiers are human beings, not angels, and evrey human being has evil inclination (yetzer hara in Hebrew). If you look at this case different, you'll understand that it is very good that the soldiers just wore stupid T-shirts and haven't actually done what is depicted on them.

But Haaretz newspaper is cynically using the soldiers' hard situation and acts in order to undermine the legitimacy of the Israeli Defence Forces. This newspaper is really evil and should be closed immediately, those who write such articles should be charged in treason.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:07 AM »

Where ??

I'm not trying to be your mother.

I didn't tell you to do anything. I asked you to please refrain from using the term 'Palestine'.

Nor did I 'pick apart' what you wrote. I simply quoted you and explained why we shouldn't adopt the language of our enemies.

We're never too old to make mistakes or take good advice.

:-X