Author Topic: The Self Hating Traitor "Conservative Rabbi" Arthur Hertzberg  (Read 768 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Check out the Wikipedia article on this man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Hertzberg

Here are some paragraphs that caught my eye:

...He participated in the 1943 Rabbis' March, walked with Martin Luther King, Jr., in the 1963 March on Washington and Bloody Sunday at the height of the American civil rights movement, and also served as an intermediary between the American Jewish Community and Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. Hertzberg played a major role in some of the most significant issues the world Jewish community faced in the decades following World War II, including discussions with the Roman Catholic Church over the still unresolved conflict over the Vatican's release of documents pertaining to Pius XII and the Holocaust, as well as his outspoken criticism of the policies of Israel toward the Palestinians.

{snip}

Never one to eschew unpopular stands when it came to core issues that impacted on the Jewish community, Hertzberg's reputation as a maverick was perhaps most in evidence in the aftermath of the Six-Day War in 1967 when he called for the creation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel, a position that was anathema among most America Jews. He had recounted his public battles with both Golda Meir and Menachem Begin over their policies toward the Palestinians:

I was largely in opposition to the dominant policies. I found myself restating this view year by year, as repeated attempts were made to silence me in Jerusalem and by its lackeys in New York and Washington. I insisted that we in the Diaspora could represent the best interest of the Jews worldwide — never mind the political and moral foolishness that governments in power might be proclaiming … I also had no fear that I was committing treason by denouncing what I knew was wrong and foolish, and I laughed off the label "maverick".

Hertzberg's early support for accommodation with the Palestinians, coming from a leader of the American Jewish establishment, subsequently added credibility to the Israeli peace movement.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: The Self Hating Traitor "Conservative Rabbi" Arthur Hertzberg
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »
His pompous fat behind is burning in hell at the moment :::D :::D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:59:50 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »
Maverick = Traitor >:(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »

I would not make that equation... In last Novembers election McCain was constantly pointing out he was a Maverick... I voted for him..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »

I would not make that equation... In last Novembers election McCain was constantly pointing out he was a Maverick... I voted for him..

I voted against Hussein, and for Palin in the election.

McCain is a traitor.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 04:27:43 PM »

I voted for McCain as well.  But it was a vote against Obama more than anything else.  McCain has made a career out of spitting in the faces of conservatives.  Also, I don't like the way he treated Sarah Palin after the election.