Author Topic: A moral stance taken at an American university!!! Protesting against Obama  (Read 545 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
I guess there's always a first time. 

Obama was invited to speak at the Notre Dame university graduation commencement.  The students are protesting because Notre Dame is a Catholic university and the students don't want to have a pro-abortion speaker.

It was the dean of the school who invited Obama (shame on him).  At least the students are more morally grounded than he is.

This makes me very happy.  Anytime I see young people taking a moral stance, I get really jazzed.  Here is the link to the video where I heard this:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?rn=222561&cl=12666873&ch=

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Bishop's letter to ND President Jenkins: Inviting Obama is "public act of disobedience"

Also,

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2009/03/notre_dame_nucl.html#more
March 26, 2009
Notre Dame: exercise nuclear option?

UPDATE, 10:20a: Petition signatures at NotreDameScandal.com just topped 160k.

Tom Roeser, chairman of the board of Catholic Citizens of Illinois and popular radio talk show host, has proposed on his blog:

What can authenticist Catholics do about Notre Dame which has invited Barack Obama to be its 2009 commencement speaker-an invitation Obama has accepted?

Catholics can...(a) write the president, Rev. John Jenkins, CSC but will get a very nice letter back.

They can (b) write the president of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, Cardinal Francis George and they will get a very short, crisp letter back saying he does not have jurisdiction over Notre Dame, thank you and please pray for me as I pray for you as we pray for all etc.,etc., etc.

They can (c) write the bishop of Fort Wayne-South Bend, Bishop John Michael D'Arcy and ask him to pressure Notre Dame to change its mind. They will get a pro-forma letter back.

They can (d) make a list of the trustees of the university and write them, try to pressure them. Not very effective.

Finally, by organizing a group of alumni they can write to and visit the bishop, Bishop D'Arcy and urge him to employ the "nuclear option."...

The nuclear option belongs to every Ordinary - the power to remove the Catholic identification from the offending school. A negotiation can begin where the Ordinary says that unless the university behaves like a Catholic institution, it should not misrepresent itself as one....

Assuredly, for an Ordinary to even raise the possibility of stripping Catholic identity will strike a match that could launch a revolution to reclaiming Catholic universities....

aka Someone Else

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Yes, I was surprised too.
This was reported last night on Bill O'reilly.

And as you said, "There's always a first."

Let's see what becomes of this.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Bishop's letter to ND President Jenkins: Inviting Obama is "public act of disobedience"

Also,

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2009/03/notre_dame_nucl.html#more
March 26, 2009
Notre Dame: exercise nuclear option?

UPDATE, 10:20a: Petition signatures at NotreDameScandal.com just topped 160k.

Tom Roeser, chairman of the board of Catholic Citizens of Illinois and popular radio talk show host, has proposed on his blog:

What can authenticist Catholics do about Notre Dame which has invited Barack Obama to be its 2009 commencement speaker-an invitation Obama has accepted?

Catholics can...(a) write the president, Rev. John Jenkins, CSC but will get a very nice letter back.

They can (b) write the president of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, Cardinal Francis George and they will get a very short, crisp letter back saying he does not have jurisdiction over Notre Dame, thank you and please pray for me as I pray for you as we pray for all etc.,etc., etc.

They can (c) write the bishop of Fort Wayne-South Bend, Bishop John Michael D'Arcy and ask him to pressure Notre Dame to change its mind. They will get a pro-forma letter back.

They can (d) make a list of the trustees of the university and write them, try to pressure them. Not very effective.

Finally, by organizing a group of alumni they can write to and visit the bishop, Bishop D'Arcy and urge him to employ the "nuclear option."...

The nuclear option belongs to every Ordinary - the power to remove the Catholic identification from the offending school. A negotiation can begin where the Ordinary says that unless the university behaves like a Catholic institution, it should not misrepresent itself as one....

Assuredly, for an Ordinary to even raise the possibility of stripping Catholic identity will strike a match that could launch a revolution to reclaiming Catholic universities....

Nuclear option sounds interesting.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt