Author Topic: I got hacked  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
I got hacked
« on: March 28, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »
Hi all,

Someone attempted to hack into my computer and I was forced to shut down my Youtube account and change all my passwords etc.

I dought that it was directed at my personaly, however, just in case everyone please ck your systems just to be safe.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
Re: I got hacked
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »
I will have to redo my videos as well so for anyone looking for them, they are not back up yet.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:46:40 PM »
Dalelksfearme,    sorry to see this happen to you.       Being that I have at least a couple of your videos in my ZooTube favorites,    I noticed that your account no longer existed.    Thanks for letting us know what happened.    I hope everything works out well for you despite this horrible situation.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »
Thats bad. I am sorry to hear you had that problem. What alerted you to the intrusion?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
Thats bad. I am sorry to hear you had that problem. What alerted you to the intrusion?

I got flagged by my anti virus software that a serious problem had occurred. My Bosses husband works with computers and he was willing to come over to see what he could do. I think that he was able to minimize the damage, but on his advice, I closed out my youtube and some other accounts just to be safe.

He did not think that the virus was directed at me personaly, but just something that might have been hidden in an email.

The Doctor

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 08:45:54 PM »
Grab yourself a copy of NOD32.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »
IS'NT THEIR A SPECIAL KEY SOME PEOPLE HAVE THAT YOU STICK INTO THE TOWER AND IT CAN GET GET RID OF A VIRUS THAT REGULAR ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE IS UNABLER
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:19:13 PM »

I got flagged by my anti virus software that a serious problem had occurred. My Bosses husband works with computers and he was willing to come over to see what he could do. I think that he was able to minimize the damage, but on his advice, I closed out my youtube and some other accounts just to be safe.

He did not think that the virus was directed at me personaly, but just something that might have been hidden in an email.
Its good your anti virus detected it quickly.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »
Install avast antivirus, download the update, and then, when it asks you if you'd like to do a boot time scan, say YES, then restart your computer, when your computer boots, but before windows starts, the antivirus will scan your computer and delete any viruses, trojans, or malware before it has a chance to launch with Windows. http://avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html (excellent antivirus and free for home use)

I also recommend you download a copy of Trojan guarder, get the update for that, and run a full scan with it. http://download.cnet.com/Trojan-Guarder-Gold/3000-2239_4-10165573.html?tag=mncol
(Trial software, us it for free until the trial runs out, then buy or uninstall)

After your computer is clean, download all the Windows security patches, make sure the Windows firewall is on, and then go get a small physical firewall to go between your computer and the internet, linksys makes lots of inexpensive ones.

I'm an IT Administrator, so I know what I'm talking about. This is good stuff.  8)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 12:46:25 AM »
isn't THEIR A SPECIAL KEY SOME PEOPLE HAVE THAT YOU STICK INTO THE TOWER AND IT CAN GET GET RID OF A VIRUS THAT REGULAR ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE IS UNABLER