Author Topic: Taliban threatens 'Amazing' attack on US Soil coming soon  (Read 1535 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Taliban threatens 'Amazing' attack on US Soil coming soon
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »
Let us hope this is just a bunch of hot air exiting a paper tuches like most of these threats are... But just in case...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511740,00.html

Taliban Chief Vows 'Amazing' Attack on Washington 'Soon'
Tuesday , March 31, 2009
AP

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan —
The commander of the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility Tuesday for a deadly assault on a Pakistani police academy and said the group was planning a terrorist attack on the White House that would "amaze" the world.

Baitullah Mehsud, who has a $5 million bounty on his head from the U.S., said Monday's attack on the outskirts of the eastern city of Lahore was retaliation for U.S. missile strikes against militants along the Afghan border.

"Soon we will launch an attack in Washington that will amaze everyone in the world," Mehsud told The Associated Press by phone. He provided no details.

Mehsud has never been directly linked to any attacks outside Pakistan, but attacks blamed on his network of fighters have widened in scope and ambition in recent years. The threat comes days after President Barack Obama warned that Al Qaeda is actively planning attacks on the United States from secret havens in Pakistan.

View photos from the attack on Pakistan police academy

Pakistan's former government and the CIA named Mehsud as the prime suspect behind the December 2007 killing of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. Pakistani officials accuse him of harboring foreign fighters, including Central Asians linked to Al Qaeda, and of training suicide bombers.

In his latest comments, Mehsud identified the White House as one of the targets in an interview with local Dewa Radio, a copy of which was obtained by the AP.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Gordon Duguid said he had not seen any reports of Mehsud's comments but that he would "take the threat under consideration."

Mehsud also claimed responsibility for a suicide car bombing that killed four soldiers Monday in Bannu district and a suicide attack targeting a police station in Islamabad last week that killed one officer.

Such attacks pose a major test for the weak, year-old civilian administration of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari that has been gripped with political turmoil in recent weeks.

An Interior Ministry spokesman said it was too early to respond to Mehsud's claim, but the Interior Ministry chief said Monday that authorities had information linking the attack to Mehsud. He said at least one of the attackers arrived in Lahore about 15 days ago from Mehsud's stronghold of South Waziristan near the border with Pakistan and rented a house.

The gunmen who attacked the police academy killed seven police and two civilians, holding security forces at bay for about eight hours before being overpowered by Pakistani commandos. Some of the attackers wore police uniforms, and they took hostages and tossed grenades during the assault.

Earlier Tuesday, a spokesman from a little-known militant group linked to the Pakistani Taliban also claimed responsibility for the attack and a similar ambush-style attack against the Sri Lankan cricket team earlier this month in Lahore. It was not immediately possible to reconcile the two claims.

Omar Farooq, who said he is the spokesman for Fedayeen al-Islam, said the group would carry out more attacks unless Pakistani troops withdraw from tribal areas near the Afghan border and the U.S. stops its drone strikes. The group previously said it was behind the deadly September bombing of the Marriott hotel in Islamabad that killed 54 people.

Mehsud declined to comment on Fedayeen al-Islam's claim that it carried out the attack or to say whether the group is linked to his own. The Pakistani Taliban leader also said he was not deterred by the U.S. bounty on his head: "I wish to die and embrace martyrdom."

The AP has spoken to Mehsud several times in the past and recognized his voice, and a request for an interview with Mehsud was submitted through his aide. The militant leader also granted phone interviews to other media organizations.

The Pakistani Taliban has links with Al Qaeda and Afghan Taliban militants who have launched attacks against U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan from a base in the border region between the two countries.

Pakistan faces tremendous U.S. pressure to eradicate militants from its soil and has launched several military operations in the Afghan border region.

The U.S. has stepped up drone attacks against militants in the area, causing tension with Pakistani officials who protest they are a violation of the country's sovereignty and kill innocent civilians.

Monday's highly coordinated attack highlighted that militants in the country pose a threat far outside the border region. It prompted Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik, Pakistan's top civilian security official, to say that militant groups were "destabilizing the country."

After gunmen stormed the academy, masses of security forces surrounded the compound, exchanging fire in televised scenes reminiscent of the militant siege in the Indian city of Mumbai in November and the attack on Sri Lanka's cricket team.

Officials Tuesday were still trying to sort out how many attackers were involved, giving varying accounts to the media.

A senior Lahore police investigator, Zulfikar Hameed, told the AP that three of the attackers blew themselves up when commandos retook the police academy and one was shot by security forces. Hameed said it was difficult to say precisely how many militants carried out the attack and some may have escaped.

Tasneem Qureshi, a top official at the Interior Ministry, told an Express News TV that four attackers were in custody and "one, who was wounded, managed to escape."

Punjab police chief, Khawaja Khalid Farooq, said one of the captured militants had provided useful information and that about 50 other people in Lahore were detained overnight for questioning.

<sarc>If they just took out the White House and the present inhabitants maybe we would be better off..</sarc>
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Taliban threatens 'Amazing' attack on US Soil coming soon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
And this news comes out approximately a month after Obama had stated he would reach out to the Taliban.

I pray  that this threat is a lot of hot air and no terror attacks occur on the soil of the U.S.A..

But, if something does happen, will Obama accept that we are in a "War Against Terrorism"?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »
And this news comes out approximately a month after Obama had stated he would reach out to the Taliban.

I pray  that this threat is a lot of hot air and no terror attacks occur on the soil of the U.S.A..

But, if something does happen, will Obama accept that we are in a "War Against Terrorism"?

Funny you should ask.  I just heard on Prager that the Obama administration has now dropped the term "the global war on terror".

I don't think that these groups announce exactly what they are going to attack.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:40:09 PM »
zachor,

"War on terrorism" and "enemy combatants" are now to be referred to as "man caused disasters" and "overseas contingency operation", this is under the direction of Obama and his Administration.

This is frightening and I do believe that Obama is taking the U.S.A. back to a pre 9/11 mentality.  And I do believe that we need to be on a higher level of alert, because of the lack of alert or concern that our government has not accepted to take on.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
zachor,

"War on terrorism" and "enemy combatants" are now to be referred to as "man caused disasters" and "overseas contingency operation", this is under the direction of Obama and his Administration.

This is frightening and I do believe that Obama is taking the U.S.A. back to a pre 9/11 mentality.  And I do believe that we need to be on a higher level of alert, because of the lack of alert or concern that our government has not accepted to take on.

When I first heard this, I laughed out loud.  You can't make this [censored] up. :::D  AHHHHHHHHHHH!
aka Someone Else

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 07:52:41 PM »
A war on terror is a war on terror.

They can't sue you for using the right words. If everybody keeps using the words 'war on terror' then their linguistic fascism won't work.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
Grim Prediction:

During Obama's second term..most likely near the end of it, there will be a horrific attack on US soil.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
Grim Prediction:

During Obama's second term..most likely near the end of it, there will be a horrific attack on US soil.

SECOND TERM!??! WHAT!??!
 >:(
aka Someone Else

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
Grim Prediction:

SECOND TERM!??! WHAT!??!

:o oh...I hope Dr. Dan is wrong on all counts.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »
Grim Prediction:

SECOND TERM!??! WHAT!??!

:o oh...I hope Dr. Dan is wrong on all counts.

I hope Dan is wrong as well.
But, if something were to occur, I believe it will be sooner then later.

As far as a second term, I don't think this country can survive a second term of an Obama Administration.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 09:59:07 PM »
Many people criticized Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell for telling that 9/11 attacks were God's punishment on America.  Whether we agree with them or not one thing is obvious: God did NOT protect America on that fateful day.

Americans apart from committing other sins against God elected this man as their president.  God cannot be mocked or played with.  When God removes His hand of protection over America more terrorist attacks are guaranteed.

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 10:11:06 PM »
Many people criticized Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell for telling that 9/11 attacks were G-d's punishment on America.  Whether we agree with them or not one thing is obvious: G-d did NOT protect America on that fateful day.

Americans apart from committing other sins against G-d elected this man as their president.  G-d cannot be mocked or played with.  When G-d removes His hand of protection over America more terrorist attacks are guaranteed.

I hope only those evil sick self hating leftist are the ones that suffer and not us sane people.

Offline Benjamin_D

• Junior JTFer
  • Hatikva
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »
It'll be easy now.

The US is like being in a fight with someone. In the middle of the fight, you spread your arms at your side, and allow fatal shots.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 11:41:36 PM »

Obama will NOT have a second term.

As of today.

1,384 Days Until Barack Obama is Out of Office
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »
Grim Prediction:

i'm afraid he's right.  The economy most probably will get better and even though he's already made it worse, with the state of our media, he will win a 2nd term.  I don't think one attack would derail his presidency but if there are several and people don't feel safe, they will kick him out on his butt.  We can never guess the future but just like in early 2008, I'm not hopeful for 2012. 

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 02:13:43 AM »

Obama will NOT have a second term.

As of today.

1,384 Days Until Barack Obama is Out of Office

I pray for this to be true.