Author Topic: Would Tiger Woods Be As Famous If He Was White?  (Read 2429 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Would Tiger Woods Be As Famous If He Was White?
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:32:58 AM »
?

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Re: Would Tiger Woods Be As Famous If He Was White?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:36:12 AM »
not a chance.  He's more Asian than he is black though.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 02:01:58 AM »
I'm not sure about that it makes a difference when it comes to sport stars.

There have been golf, tennis, and soccer stars that have been white and extremely popular.

With sports, I think when a player has incredible skills, those skills tend to overshadow the race.

At least, that has been the way I look at it.  If a sport star is good and has some mad skills, I don't focus on their race.

I don't follow much golf, so I don't know to much about Tiger Woods.  I have a lot of white male friends who play and follow golf; and they rave about Tiger Woods.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
No way! :o

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »
You've hit on one of my favorite topics!  I'm a big fan of Tiger Woods.  I think he would have been every bit as famous if he were white.  There are several reasons for this.

1.  There have been black golfers, asian golfers and every other type of golfer on the PGA tour.  Can you name me another black golfer?  They have been rare, but the colour barrier was broken in professional golf many years ago.

2.  I remember commentators talking about Tiger Woods being black for maybe the first year that he was on tour.  Then nobody talked about it anymore.  It stopped being interesting.  What became interesting was the fact that he is the most incredible golfer that anyone has ever seen.  As for Tiger Woods, he said "I don't want to be known as the best black golfer.  I want to be the best golfer period."

3.  He is the best golfer ever to play.  He hasn't topped Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 "majors", but he will.  People are interested in greatness, not blackness.

4.  There are many aspects to Tiger's story that are fascinating, such as:  his relationship with his father (who was a green beret in Vietnam, and who passed away in 2006); the Tiger Woods foundation, which has contributed tremendously to various causes; how early Tiger got started and how good he was from the beginning; how tremendously hard Tiger works, how his practice schedule is brutal, he is arguably the hardest working golfer on tour, and is extremely critical of himself.

5.  Tiger will be the first athlete to earn over a billion dollars.

That Tiger is part black is irrelevant.  People would admire his ability, work ethic, and philanthropy no matter what his race.  I also happen to admire him because I get inspired by champions, the way they think, the way they push themselves, and the way they rise to the moment.  Tiger embodies these traits.

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 05:24:57 PM »
I say yes because he has an incredible talent at golf. Would of been famous no matter what race.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »
I say yes because he has an incredible talent at golf. Would of been famous no matter what race.
Don't be a Fool Nadav!
     The ONLY reason he IS World Famous is because he IS Black. NO Golfer has Ever been famous in this way, no matter how much talent he had.
Another thing, If Tiger didn't have his Asian perspective from his mother he would have never had the discipline and dedication to this sport of such precision and accuracy, it's Not in the Black culture to sit still for hours and think and calculate anything!

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
Maybe.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
I think that he would have been famous in the golf world because he has real, undeniable talent. However, he wouldn't have been a household name if he wasn't part black. The left wing media likes to show "magic negroes" so that people who don't have a lot of contact with actual blacks get a distorted image of what they are like for the most part.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »
You know the name Tiger Woods even if you know nothing about golf. Prior to Tiger Woods, there was no household named golfer. Therefore, no, he would not be famous if he was white. 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 10:08:49 PM »
The answer is 100% "yes".  That would be like asking "Would Jack Nicklaus have been as famous is he hadn't been white?"

In professional golf, of which I know more than a little, there are no handicaps.  You get no breaks because of color.  And, no matter who or what you are, if you can win as many tournaments, and set as many records as Tiger has, you have, without a doubt, achieve the fame and praise that Tiger has.  His race or color has nothing to do with it.

The great golfer, Bobby Jones, said of Nicklaus, "He plays a game of which I am unfamiliar."  The same can be said of Tiger with respect to Nicklaus. 

His accomplishments are that great -- irrespective of his color.

He shot a 70 today.  He has won the Masters 4 times so far.  In 3 of those 4 wins, he also opened up with a 70.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:12:29 PM »
The answer is 100% "yes".  That would be like asking "Would Jack Nicklaus have been as famous is he hadn't been white?"

In professional golf, of which I know more than a little, there are no handicaps.  You get no breaks because of color.  And, no matter who or what you are, if you can win as many tournaments, and set as many records as Tiger has, you have, without a doubt, achieve the fame and praise that Tiger has.  His race or color has nothing to do with it.

The great golfer, Bobby Jones, said of Nicklaus, "He plays a game of which I am unfamiliar."  The same can be said of Tiger with respect to Nicklaus. 

His accomplishments are that great -- irrespective of his color.

He shot a 70 today.  He has won the Masters 4 times so far.  In 3 of those 4 wins, he also opened up with a 70.

Anyone that doesn't follow golf does/did not know Niclaus before Tiger.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 02:34:30 AM »
Tiger Woods is not just a great golfer.  Most people don't know any other famous golfers but EVERYONE knows Tiger Woods.  Look at how many dozens of major endorsements he has received. His face is everywhere! It's just like that Danika Patrick who is the race car driver.  She is famous because she is a phenomenon that is unusual and it upsets the so called status quo which the left is in love with pulling down.  If Tiger Woods were white he would be well known but not the cultural icon he is now and that is compeltely deliberate from the media.  You've gotta be kidding me that most people know VJ Singh or any of these other guys (or girls) that well.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 04:00:21 AM »
Ask the average person to name a golfer and Tiger Woods will be the only one they know. It's this way because he's part black and the religion in America promoted by the media is worshipping blacks.