Author Topic: To ALL who observe Passover/Pesach  (Read 1094 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
To ALL who observe Passover/Pesach
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »

This is probably the MOST important Pesach there has EVER been.  For us in the USA, it is VERY important. 
WE MUST TRUST HaShem to carry us through this EVIL time. 
Please pray that Israeli-Jewsare in deep meditation toward HaShem since ONCE AGAIN the world is turning its face on the Jewish people.   Please REMEMBER the MEANING of EACH food and what it represents. REFLECT.

VERY IMPORTANT PESACH AND PASSOVER!!! Please REMEMBER its MEANING.

I DO NOT believe this is a "Happy time" This HAS to be a VERY SOBER Pesach. 
   Please dont take me wrong, I only want the BEST for you all, but CLEARLY, May the terrible things coming PASSOVER ALL OF YOU.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: To ALL who observe Passover/Pesach
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »
The guy singing in that video has a great voice!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »
Just one note...

The fact is that the blood was not on the outside of the doorpost, it was actually on the inside of the doorpost, so the Jews could see it.

They are nice pictures.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:39:19 PM »
I sometimes wondered whether any of the Jewish people decided not to believe in this and suffered as a result? Did everyone put the blood on their doorposts and stay safe, or like the story of Noah did some people not believe that danger was coming?

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »
I've heard Chaim say that 3/4 of the Hebrews in Egypt did not wish to leave and were killed by Hashem in the darkness.

How many Hebrews were present at Mt. Sinai ?  I've heard different numbers.

If it was 2 million, does that mean 6 million Hebrews died in Egypt ?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 02:47:54 PM »
I've heard Chaim say that 3/4 of the Hebrews in Egypt did not wish to leave and were killed by Hashem in the darkness.

How many Hebrews were present at Mt. Sinai ?  I've heard different numbers.

If it was 2 million, does that mean 6 million Hebrews died in Egypt ?

Torah tells us that 600,000 Hebrew males left. We assume each was married and had two children, making it about 1.2M adults and 1.2M children. Then there was the erev rav who went out with them. It was about 3M going out according to some estimates.

http://www.aish.com/holidays/shavuot/last/humility.htm

Tools for Humility

The Book of Numbers begins with a census of the Jewish People. Far from reducing everyone to a number, this census teaches us that every Jew is important. The Kabbalists point out that just as 600,000 Jewish souls stood at Mt. Sinai, so too there are 600,000 letters in the Torah (including the white spaces between letters). Because just as a Torah Scroll is invalid if even a single letter is missing, so too the Jewish People are handicapped if even one Jew has fallen away from our people. Each and every Jew is completely integral - regardless of occupation or skill.

PS: I believe the fraction of Jews who died in the Makkos of Darkness to be 4/5 not 3/4..

http://www.hashkafah.com/Amount-Jewish-Dead-Choshech-t5960.html&pid=114146&mode=threaded
http://www.nishmat.net/article.php?id=92&heading=0
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 02:53:53 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 03:50:34 PM »
If we use 4/5 as the percentage of Hebrews that perished in the darkness, and 3 million as the number that left Egypt - that means 12 million died in Egypt. That's a staggering number.

What happened to the children of parents that didn't wish to leave ? They didn't have the free will to make a choice whether to leave or not. Were they killed as well ?

Were the Hebrews that left Egypt aware of the fate of those that remained ?

There are so many amazing aspects of the Passover story. Some are so incredulous they defy belief. One that fascinates me is the 'stiff necked' nature of the Hebrews. Can you imagine a substantial portion of the people that just witnessed the plagues descend upon Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, the drowning of Pharoah's men and all the other miracles rebelling against Moses so soon after he disappeared up Mount Sinai ? What a stubborn people ! Simply incredible, but a great insight into the nature of the Jewish People and mankind in general.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 05:11:44 PM »
If we use 4/5 as the percentage of Hebrews that perished in the darkness, and 3 million as the number that left Egypt - that means 12 million died in Egypt. That's a staggering number.

What happened to the children of parents that didn't wish to leave ? They didn't have the free will to make a choice whether to leave or not. Were they killed as well ?

Were the Hebrews that left Egypt aware of the fate of those that remained ?

There are so many amazing aspects of the Passover story. Some are so incredulous they defy belief. One that fascinates me is the 'stiff necked' nature of the Hebrews. Can you imagine a substantial portion of the people that just witnessed the plagues descend upon Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, the drowning of Pharoah's men and all the other miracles rebelling against Moses so soon after he disappeared up Mount Sinai ? What a stubborn people ! Simply incredible, but a great insight into the nature of the Jewish People and mankind in general.

Muck,

It wasn't so much that they were 'stiff necked' in this case but that they had been in slavery in Egypt so long and they had sunk to the 49th level of impurity. You can take the Jew out of Egypt but its hard to get the Egypt out of the Jew. There are many explanations of these topics...

PS: Just witnessing miracles doesnt make one believe, as long as there is a natural explanation...

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 05:58:19 PM »
PS: Just witnessing miracles doesnt make one believe, as long as there is a natural explanation...

Very true. But what about when there is no natural explanation ?

I can see how the progression of the plagues could be taken as a series of natural events. The Nile becomes infected with a red bacteria, the fish die, the frogs leap out, the flies and locust swarm, etc. Makes sense, nothing supernatural.

But then the male first born all die. And not just the humans. The male first born of the Egyptian cattle and pets, as well. Try as one might, there is simply no natural explanation for this. I've seen attempts to explain this. Explanations about dietary customs, sleeping arrangements etc. The explanations border on the absurd. There simply isn't any natural explanation for only the first born males of humans and animals suddenly dying en mass.

Sure, a steady powerful wind could part the sea. Odd how the wind stopped just in time for the sea to swallow Pharoah's army. Maybe just a coincidence.

But at some point, wouldn't one have to think this isn't all just coincidental ? Wouldn't one have to believe that Moses was a true prophet and that a supernatural force was at work ?

I guess one would have to live through it and observe it first hand to know.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
Just one note...

The fact is that the blood was not on the outside of the doorpost, it was actually on the inside of the doorpost, so the Jews could see it.

They are nice pictures.

Muman, I picked those, b/c they DO look inside to me.  :read:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 09:42:34 PM »
He has a very nice voice I like the B at the end