Author Topic: Intermarriage  (Read 11203 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Intermarriage
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »
My favorite wisdom from Talmud Esther is that the Cure always preceeds the sickness... In my own health issues this has turned out to be true...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »
Didn't King David have women from other nations though?
I think you mean David's great grandfather, Yishay (Jesse), who married Ruth the moabite. But obviously, the process of conversion as we know it today is not as ancient as the Bible. I don't think that in the times of the Jewish kingdom, and certainly not in the preceding age of the judges, there was a formal process of conversion.

In later times, so called "tekufat hazugot" in the 1st century BCE, the conversion was formalized but it seems was still much easier process. This is evident for example by the story of the gentile who declared he will convert if and only if the entire Torah will be explained to him while he stands on just one foot. Shamai rejected him, but Hillel saw his sincerity and he told him:
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 07:46:43 PM »
I think you mean David's great grandfather, Yishay (Jesse), who married Ruth the moabite. But obviously, the process of conversion as we know it today is not as ancient as the Bible. I don't think that in the times of the Jewish kingdom, and certainly not in the preceding age of the judges, there was a formal process of conversion.

In later times, so called "tekufat hazugot" in the 1st century B.C.E., the conversion was formalized but it seems was still much easier process. This is evident for example by the story of the gentile who declared he will convert if and only if the entire Torah will be explained to him while he stands on just one foot. Shamai rejected him, but Hillel saw his sincerity and he told him:
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."

OK so if i believe this in my heart what does this mean...if i study then i can be Jewish...How exactly can a person become Jewish...Please tell me i really wish to know! :love: :-* :love: :-* :love: :-* :love: :-* :read:
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always

Offline Moijea

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
Could it be something as simple as recorded in 1 Samuel 16:7 . . . . Man looks at the outside, but G-d looks on the heart?
The Price of Freedom, . . . . courage.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 10:10:58 PM »

In later times, so called "tekufat hazugot" in the 1st century B.C.E., the conversion was formalized but it seems was still much easier process. This is evident for example by the story of the gentile who declared he will convert if and only if the entire Torah will be explained to him while he stands on just one foot. Shamai rejected him, but Hillel saw his sincerity and he told him:

OK so if i believe this in my heart what does this mean...if i study then i can be Jewish...How exactly can a person become Jewish...Please tell me i really wish to know!

To become Jewish you'd have to convert.  It is a process to go through, so see a local orthodox rabbi about it.  But either way, even if you don't choose to go through with a conversion, it is a very good thing to believe 'that which is hateful do not do to your fellow; the rest is explanation'   to be a righteous person of any persuasion it is important to treat people right and fairly.  So it is good advice for non Jews and Jews alike.

A conversion would be a commitment to keep all the mitzvot.  Not everyone feels themself able to commit to a thing like that.  Good luck.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »
Maybe this is why Alex Jones is nuts?  He is married to a Jewish woman and he is a Gentile. Does it work for the vice/versa?
What can I say? That is one helluva self-hating slut. Why didn't she just marry Adolf Eichmann (yimach schmo)?